Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 320 of 972 FirstFirst ... 220 270 310 318 319 320 321 322 330 370 420 820 ... LastLast
Results 7,976 to 8,000 of 24289

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bad Part:
    Large amounts of money out the door, with nothing coming back in.
    (Shining S/l, Dr. Sleep S/L, Gaiman S/Ls, etc...OUCH!!)

Good Part:
    Post Office and UPS start showing up with regular deliveries of COOL books months and months later!

Karl

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am currently seeking applications for "Cabinet" members for 3/16/13!!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post755787
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you're going to go to South Korea for a 12 month military tour and get some tailored clothes made (especially pants) do yourself a favor and get them made shortly after you arrive, not near the end of the tour after 9 plus months of regular running/biking (and bringing your mile time down to 6+ minutes) and expect 7+ years later (when your mile pace is a shade over 9 minutes on gentle runs) to just casually put that tux on a week before a black tie affair.

Gotta give props to the person that created the cummerbund (or cumberbund, or cummerband) though since I can undo a little clasp on the pants, give the zipper a quarter inch breathing room and keep everything covered or cummerbunded - and breathe and eat just a little easier next weekend - but the shirt and jacket fit fine.

Gunslinger Apprentice misterman is on a distinguished road misterman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Re: Korean Tailors. My Father is retired Army, he really did have a top notch tailor at Camp Red Cloud, -always came back to the States in stylish Rat-Pack style suits. I'm sure his Family and Stateside contemporaries were impressed. He looks like a star in every old pic.
    -Searching for the "Perfect Key Lime Pie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post

Gotta give props to the person that created the cummerbund (or cumberbund, or cummerband) though since I can undo a little clasp on the pants, give the zipper a quarter inch breathing room and keep everything covered or cummerbunded - and breathe and eat just a little easier next weekend - but the shirt and jacket fit fine.
    cumberbund

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

A 6 minute mile? Christ, do you sprint the entire time? I'm still trying to break 7:30.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    A 6 minute mile? Christ, do you sprint the entire time? I'm still trying to break 7:30.
    <---4:12:55

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    <---4:12:55
    Sure, on your Dirt Bike!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was the site down for everyone today?

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like I said that was 7 years ago. And in truth I only ran 1.5 miles - it was part of our fitness training - so we were tested on - 1.5 miles, and max push-ups and sit ups in 60 seconds. The scores were based upon age - so to max my run score I think I had to run a sub 9:40 mile and a half. My best time was around 9.24

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post

cumberbund
    That's why I added all 3 spellings (made sure to check wiki first)

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, OK. I thought it was a straight 6 minute mile. That'd be an 18 (give or take a little) minute 5k race which is REALLY impressive.

I'm 34, I ran a mile in 8:05 this week coming off a week of nasty flu. As far as push ups, I think I did 60 last year. I could do maybe 40 now. I'm "cutting" right now (and am feeling miserable as hell) and along bodyfat % I've also lost some muscle mass.

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, OK. I thought it was a straight 6 minute mile. That'd be an 18 (give or take a little) minute 5k race which is REALLY impressive.

I'm 34, I ran a mile in 8:05 this week coming off a week of nasty flu. As far as push ups, I think I did 60 last year. I could do maybe 40 now. I'm "cutting" right now (and am feeling miserable as hell) and along bodyfat % I've also lost some muscle mass.
    I'm 38 (3 wks shy of 39) - and I regularly run 3-5 miles at a 9.15 pace (not trying to kill myself anymore - plus I just started back a month ago after missing 6 months w a hamstring injury). But the flu will wipe you out

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Before my lifts I warm up walking 4mph for .25 mi, then run a mile between 7:30 and 7:13 minutes, then walk another .25. I adopted a goal-scheme based on "Stationary Bike" where my miles lead to my destination- Boulder, CO; 998 miles from my home. Sometimes while running I pretend it's on an abandoned super-highway towards Boulder. Both of these components seem to help in my motivation (I use to despise cardio). And of course, the warm-up/cool-down speed is the minimum pace for The Long Walk

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I could do five minutes miles (not for more than two or three mind) when I was a young 'un, now I'm so unfit I can only move a jogging speed. I can walk 50 miles without a problem but running now is another matter, I can't do press ups though, I think I could maybe do ten but that's it.

Country
    Country Flag

I could listen to Kurt Cobain all day... Wish like hell I could see Nirvana live

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

if everyone that reads this, would give me a positive rep point... I'd have much better day...

otherwise... I'm just going to have to go kick the dog...

his ass... is in your hands....

woof

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't want the dog to get kicked so I gave pos rep points.

Country
    Country Flag

Gimme some love and you'll get it back Sir

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    if everyone that reads this, would give me a positive rep point... I'd have much better day...

otherwise... I'm just going to have to go kick the dog...

his ass... is in your hands....

woof

I don't want the dog to get kicked so I gave pos rep points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stebbins View Post
    Gimme some love and you'll get it back Sir
    I have to "spread the Rep" around as apparently [I] have given each of you positive Rep lately!!! So where's the love? LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Positive rep given!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Positive rep given!
    Gotcha!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I just realized I posted more than 5000 times here.

Never spent so much quality time in a forum like in this one. Not even close.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Nice one, AR! And agreed that there's no other forum that I go on even half as much as this one. One of the best online communities I know of.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post

Nice one, AR! And agreed that there's no other forum that I go on even half as much as this one. One of the best online communities I know of.
    Oh you just want to be "Secretary of Bolloxing" again!!! You're on the "campaign Trail" ain't ya? Making "Nice" with everyone, kissing babies and then, BAM!!! Bolloxing the hell outta folks!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 320 of 972 FirstFirst ... 220 270 310 318 319 320 321 322 330 370 420 820 ... LastLast