Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 305 of 972 FirstFirst ... 205 255 295 303 304 305 306 307 315 355 405 805 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,625 of 24290

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking Simon's polished more than one guy's ax in his life.... those tight little undersized shirts he wears are a dead giveaway.

disclaimer...I might on occasion polished my own.... but never ever someone else's.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    I'm thinking Simon's polished more than one guy's ax in his life.... those tight little undersized shirts he wears are a dead giveaway.

disclaimer...I might on occasion polished my own.... but never ever someone else's.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I started reading "On Writing" today, and now I know who "Mr. Rabbit Trick" is. I'm so glad I have saved all of my kids' stories and artwork. I'm going to be rich someday.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty sure PS Publishing are doing anniversary editions of Christine & Pet Sematary

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Muchos thanks to a fellow member who read another of my stories last night and gave me great comments
    I think you should have a 2nd opinion please!!

More than happy to help
    Go on then, pm me the email address i can send a word file to!
    Cheers Tom, pm on its way :-)

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

May need to order pontoons for the house soon. I swear we have only seen the sun for a total of 7 hours in the last 2 weeks here in Nashville.

But on a good note in the past 3 days I have had to run the window unit a/c up stairs because it is so warm outside. Went out to eat yesterday evening and didn't really need the sweat shirt I was wearing, a long sleeve T would have been fine.
    Christine

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Haven't seen rain in months here, and practically no snow at all ... even that huge western storm a week or so ago went right around us. I think we've had maybe two or three inches total. They're already talking water conservation over the coming summer. Sucks.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, this cold/flu is really kicking my ass!!!!

However, today is the first day I feel any better since the damn thing came to town!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good to hear you are feeling better Merlin.
    Christine

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

This wedding is doing my head in

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait 'til the reception.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Wait 'til the reception.
    I mean just the entire planning, making me have doubts

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Don't worry Tom...

The first 30 years are the worst!

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Don't worry Tom...

The first 30 years are the worst!
    You always cheers me up!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My wife and I did two weddings, two weeks apart, one in Massachusetts (for my family and friends) and one in Italy (for hers/ours ... that's where we met when I lived there).

I setup the entire Massachusetts wedding ... and I do mean everything, from suit to flowers to band to ceremony to reception ... by telephone, e-mail and internet (as I was living in Alaska at the time). She did the same for the one in Italy as that's where she was. I arrived in Mass the day before the wedding, she two days, and that was the first time we'd seen each other in over a year. I really didn't know how anything looked or how it was going to go until we walked in the door. After the wedding I went back to Alaska, she to Italy, then I flew there two weeks later and we repeated the entire thing. After that I went back to Alaska again, and she followed five months later to join me in the cross-Canada/cross-US drive to Florida.

That's the hard way of doing a wedding, I don't want to hear whining from anybody!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    My wife and I did two weddings, two weeks apart, one in Massachusetts (for my family and friends) and one in Italy (for hers/ours ... that's where we met when I lived there).

I setup the entire Massachusetts wedding ... and I do mean everything, from suit to flowers to band to ceremony to reception ... by telephone, e-mail and internet (as I was living in Alaska at the time). She did the same for the one in Italy as that's where she was. I arrived in Mass the day before the wedding, she two days, and that was the first time we'd seen each other in over a year. I really didn't know how anything looked or how it was going to go until we walked in the door. After the wedding I went back to Alaska, she to Italy, then I flew there two weeks later and we repeated the entire thing. After that I went back to Alaska again, and she followed five months later to join me in the cross-Canada/cross-US drive to Florida.

That's the hard way of doing a wedding, I don't want to hear whining from anybody!
    HA!!! I got you beat!!! My wife and I were married THREE times (No Divorces)!!! Once in City hall (5/80), Once in a Protestant Church (7/80) and finally in a Catholic Church (12/80)!!! Funny thing... We celebrate our anniversary in May, My parent's send a card in July and hers in December!!! LOL LOL LOL

Long & Short of it, We can NEVER split up!!! Too much paperwork!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man, I thought I was on the "otherside', of this "bug", but maybe not so much....

Here we go.... See you in a bit!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't go to the hospital-
    "An analysis of more than 1,000 California patients hospitalized with H1N1 flu during the first four months of the pandemic found that infants were most likely to be admitted, and patients 50 and older were most likely to die once admitted.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got what I guess was the flu more than two weeks ago and still have a bad cough. Never any fever, nausea, aches (and I got a flu shot back in September!) but a cough and congestion. I didn't go to the doctor or the hospital but I did call the doctor and got a prescription for the cough and congestion. The meds for congestion worked; the cough not so much. I also managed to share with my wife and daughter.

John

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I spent the weekend home with a sick wife, 2 1/2 year old, and 7 month old. Somehow I've managed to not get sick yet, but I've been using hand sanitizer and taking zinc tablets nonstop. I've always managed to scrub the house probably the cleanest it has ever been. My job is going to be incredibly stressful over the next 3 weeks, so I'm doing my best to stay healthy.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Zinc is good, but you may want to consider taking vitamin D3, magnesium (not -oxide, but -citrate or another -ate) and fish oil as well.

These are the four supplements that everyone should take, even when you're generally in good health. Virtually everyone nowadays is deficient in Zn, Mg and D3, and fish oil will help restore the balance between omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids in your body (which has beneficial effects on lots of stuff, including reduction of chronic inflammation at the cellular level).

*edit: this is purely anecdotal (although I've read that many people experienced this) but after banning everything containing gluten from my diet a couple of years ago I never had a cold/flu anymore, and my perpetually closed sinuses have opened up substantially - I don't snore anymore either. Lots of other health benefits, too!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Michaël. Very good suggestions. I definitely agree on the fish oil... I've been taking that for years. The benefits of taking the supplment have been questioned, but there's plenty of heart issues in my family, so I certainly see no harm in taking a daily pill.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. By the way, if you're going to face a lot of stress - I can virtually guarantee you that taking a good Mg supplement right before you go to bed will dramatically improve your sleep quality. It's almost scary how much it helps (sleeping in an absolutely dark room will also help lots).

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Really? Does magnesium help sleep? I could do with some of that!

Country
    Country Flag

Here's a nice summary of what Mg can do for you: http://www.charlespoliquin.com/Artic...s_Mineral.aspx

(click the references link at the bottom of the page if you're interested in the science)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 305 of 972 FirstFirst ... 205 255 295 303 304 305 306 307 315 355 405 805 ... LastLast