+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 972 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 514 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Gunslinger Apprentice batsker will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually Alisha, Liverpool rocked the fuckin' house. The people there were some of the coolest down-to-earth people I met on the trip. A random guy off the street we asked for directions actually offered to put us up for the night as long as we promised to (*in my best Liverpudlian accent)"fuck-off in the mornin'!" We also met the original Manager of the Beatles, Allan Williams. And for those of you who get a chance, if you go there, make sure you check out the statue with the Queen's cock.
    "Bist du so feige, dass du Angst hast vor der Finsternis zwischen zwei Laternen? Willst du nur Laternen haben? Komm, Beckmann, weiter, bis zur nächsten Laterne". - Draussen vor der Tür - Borchert

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Hmmm... I wonder.... do folks who currently live in LIVERPOOL UK realize the kind of romantic notions we have about it because of The Beatles? To me, its a must visit one day destination!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I must admit, Scousers are some of the friendliest people you could find - although there is the opposite end of the spectrum, also. *shudder*. I'm actually really glad you enjoyed it. And not in the slightest surprised by a request for directions becoming a roof over your head - not at all.

It's so odd seeing you discuss the Queen's Cock...so odd! That's where my friends and I used to "hang out" before we realised the power of the pub.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Pam, if you ever do visit Liverpool, don't you dare consider not visiting me.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    I wrote a ridiculous amount of essay this week, and just finished another ten minutes ago. Only one more to go, then I get a week off, then I'm into exams.

To treat myself I'm going to read "Disposal" a recent novella by Jeff Strand tonight and tomorrow morning. I've never read anything by him, but I have a feeling I'll enjoy this one, if for no other reason than it being the only non-academic thing I've read in the last month!

Eric-

Keep working hard! We are proud of your tenacity on your essays. Am sure you will do fine on the exams. The power of ka is with you.

Wiz

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaRiley View Post
    I must admit, Scousers are some of the friendliest people you could find - although there is the opposite end of the spectrum, also. *shudder*. I'm actually really glad you enjoyed it. And not in the slightest surprised by a request for directions becoming a roof over your head - not at all.
    I usually run about with the Wirral (Port Sunlight) mob, but I get a good laugh with the "Scallies"

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

A-ha, my girlfriend is from the Wirral.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I know not all get out to the giveaway announcments. I just wanted to post that an item had been added to it.

Donated by our friends at veryfinebooks.com

A unique leather bound Stephen King collectible book from Easton Press.

Luxuriously bound in full genuine leather with 22 kt gold accents.
    Includes black matching slipcase
    . Your book will be As New - Sealed in the original shrink-wrap.

Norwalk, CT. Easton Press. Stephen King "The Dead Zone" 2004 Re-issue genuine black leather hardcover. 426 pps. 12mo - over 6¾" - 7¾" tall. Easton Press "Collector’s Edition" illustrated by Jill Bauman. Collector's notes and unattached bookplate included. Includes matching "The Dead Zone" designer slipcase, black with gold lettering.

Includes all the classic Easton Press qualities:

• Premium Leather
    • Silk Moire Endleaves
    • Distinctive Cover Design
    • Hubbed Spine, Accented in Real 22KT Gold
    • Satin Ribbon Page Marker
    • Gilded Page Edges
    • Long-lasting, High Quality Acid-neutral Paper
    • Smyth-sewn Pages for Strength and Durability
    • Beautiful Illustrations
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That is sweet!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I know not all get out to the giveaway announcments. I just wanted to post that an item had been added to it.

Donated by our friends at veryfinebooks.com

A unique leather bound Stephen King collectible book from Easton Press.

Luxuriously bound in full genuine leather with 22 kt gold accents.
    Includes black matching slipcase
    . Your book will be As New - Sealed in the original shrink-wrap.

Norwalk, CT. Easton Press. Stephen King "The Dead Zone" 2004 Re-issue genuine black leather hardcover. 426 pps. 12mo - over 6¾" - 7¾" tall. Easton Press "Collector’s Edition" illustrated by Jill Bauman. Collector's notes and unattached bookplate included. Includes matching "The Dead Zone" designer slipcase, black with gold lettering.

Includes all the classic Easton Press qualities:

• Premium Leather
    • Silk Moire Endleaves
    • Distinctive Cover Design
    • Hubbed Spine, Accented in Real 22KT Gold
    • Satin Ribbon Page Marker
    • Gilded Page Edges
    • Long-lasting, High Quality Acid-neutral Paper
    • Smyth-sewn Pages for Strength and Durability
    • Beautiful Illustrations
    Thanks to information from a very good friend. I have contacted Jill Bauman and she said she would sign this edition (plus a sketch).

Very nice person

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent news Matt. Jill is an outstanding person.

This is the added value drawing she placed in my copy.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Attached Images

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's really beautiful!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Excellent news Matt. Jill is an outstanding person.

This is the added value drawing she placed in my copy.
    Wow! That is really nice. Congratulations.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree that is beautiful, congrats Ralph

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, Matt. Is that going up for charity auction or will it be in the giveaway at the end? It would probably fetch a nice donation at auction.

Love that drawing in yours, Ralph.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it would fetch a very nice price at auction but right now, it's on the giveaway list.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I just have to say a huge thank you to Pam, right now.
    I received my bookmarks in the post this morning, and it's made my week. Nay, my month!! So Pam, thank you so much. You've brought the hugest smile to my face.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Pictures?

John

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

As soon as I got 'em, I popped this one into The Green Mile. (which is my current read.)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Alisha! (Green Mile is one of my favorites.)

John

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

It's one of mine, too.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

very pretty Alisha.

...the bookmark is too. She sent me one of those a while back too. She likes to surprise people with little gifts.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

thank you, Brice.
    Well, it certainly was a surprise. A very pleasant one, indeed.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, my 8-year-old daughter took a mental health day today (skipped school) and her morning is devoted to me. We played some games inside, watched 2 Road Runner/Coyote cartoons (she's never seen Road Runner before), now a snack, then we're going ice skating and out for ice cream.

There are advantages to being newly unemployed. Priceless memories.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Wiz, that is so darn sweet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 972 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 514 ... LastLast