Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 971 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 601 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    George Steinbrenner is dead and so are the Yankees...it's morning in America!
    Eliminated from this year's post-season play, yes, but hardly dead. Now starts a very interesting time of the year.... the "hot stove" season. It will be interesting to see what Cashman (and Epstein, for that matter) can accomplish in the off season. Only 111 days until pitchers and catchers report. Whoop!
    Haha...much as I despise the Yankees and everything they stand for, I have no doubts they'll be back and back and back...

I'm sure they'll pay $200 mil for Cliff Lee...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    George Steinbrenner is dead and so are the Yankees...it's morning in America!
    Eliminated from this year's post-season play, yes, but hardly dead. Now starts a very interesting time of the year.... the "hot stove" season. It will be interesting to see what Cashman (and Epstein, for that matter) can accomplish in the off season. Only 111 days until pitchers and catchers report. Whoop!
    Haha...much as I despise the Yankees and everything they stand for, I have no doubts they'll be back and back and back...

I'm sure they'll pay $200 mil for Cliff Lee...
    If they don't the Red Sox probably will......and THAT is my worst nightmare!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

GO GIANTS!

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fear The Beard!

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Of all the warm, cozy places in my house for my cat to sleep... she pulls my coat off the dining room chair and sleeps on the inside of it.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    John and Terry, thank you for sharing your personal stories. I feel like I know you better now and I appreciate that.
    Yes, this.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Funny thing : a teacher that was at my presentation on webnesday asked me if i could give him my vision on the webmarketing course he prepared.. lol
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    My daughter has a "full" scholarship and still had to take out 2 student loans this year. I'm still trying to figure out how a single income (state employee at that) family with three kids did not qualify for a dime of grants.
    I had a friend in 1993 who was working for $2.50 per hour (below minimum wage as it was waiting tables) and living with his brother in government housing. He didn't qualify because he made too much money. Actually, he didn't qualify because his mother, who lived in another state that doesn't even border SC, made too much money. The fact that she didn't live with him or contribute to his daily, monthly, or educational expenses didn't matter. The fact that my friend lived on his own for the previous five years (though he wasn't even 22 at the time so do the math y'all, yeah he lived on his own since he was 16) had no bearing on the question when it came to income. It was his mother's income that disqualified him, plain and simple. Where's the fair in that?

I was also turned down for any federal grants because my parents made too much. My parents contributed to my education. They gave me a roof to sleep under and a car to drive until I could afford one myself, sometimes. Sometimes I had to find a way to school. In return, I paid them rent every month for that roof and the gas I used in the car. Many times I had a lunch of Ramen noodles or crackers if I couldn't afford Ramens (or whatever I could shake out of the vending machines). I paid for my own education and to this date have never held any job where I was paid any more than a co-worker who had no education beyond high school (and in some cases not even that) and have even been paid less than people younger than me because they had more work experience.

What did my college education get me? Bills for seven years is all I have seen so far. I have the knowledge (some of it anyway) and one or two very good friends. The biggest gain I had from college was my wife. If I had not gone to college I never would have started dating her. She is the only reason I would do it again, because she was certainly worth it.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    My daughter has a "full" scholarship and still had to take out 2 student loans this year. I'm still trying to figure out how a single income (state employee at that) family with three kids did not qualify for a dime of grants.
    I had a friend in 1993 who was working for $2.50 per hour (below minimum wage as it was waiting tables) and living with his brother in government housing. He didn't qualify because he made too much money. Actually, he didn't qualify because his mother, who lived in another state that doesn't even border SC, made too much money. The fact that she didn't live with him or contribute to his daily, monthly, or educational expenses didn't matter. The fact that my friend lived on his own for the previous five years (though he wasn't even 22 at the time so do the math y'all, yeah he lived on his own since he was 16) had no bearing on the question when it came to income. It was his mother's income that disqualified him, plain and simple. Where's the fair in that?

I was also turned down for any federal grants because my parents made too much. My parents contributed to my education. They gave me a roof to sleep under and a car to drive until I could afford one myself, sometimes. Sometimes I had to find a way to school. In return, I paid them rent every month for that roof and the gas I used in the car. Many times I had a lunch of Ramen noodles or crackers if I couldn't afford Ramens (or whatever I could shake out of the vending machines). I paid for my own education and to this date have never held any job where I was paid any more than a co-worker who had no education beyond high school (and in some cases not even that) and have even been paid less than people younger than me because they had more work experience.

What did my college education get me? Bills for seven years is all I have seen so far. I have the knowledge (some of it anyway) and one or two very good friends. The biggest gain I had from college was my wife. If I had not gone to college I never would have started dating her. She is the only reason I would do it again, because she was certainly worth it.
    What was your major? My husband graduated college with honors and has the student loans to prove it. His job is not in the field he studied and he gets paid way more than he would if he did have a job in the field he studied.

That being said its his fault for what he studied in school and his poor decision to pay $16k for Bachelors degrees in Psychology and Sociology

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Criminal Justice. Every job I held since I graduated dealt with that area in some way or another. It's never a good paying job, but that didn't bother me. Now though, in my area it doesn't pay a living wage unless you live in a hole in the ground.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OK everyone. I need some Holiday gift ideas for my wife. We've been married for 14 years, and I think I've pretty much bought her everything. I've gotten her clothes, jewelry, spa packages, even a signed Whelan print. She is probably the least materialistic person I know. She doesn't collect anything, and she hardly buys anything for herself. She loves to read, but doesn't want a Kindle. She has an art background, but she has a ton of art supplies already that she doesn't use. Usually, I can come up with something, but I'm stumped this year. She likes baking, so I was thinking some kitchen appliance or something, but that just doesn't feel like a Christmas gift. I'm open to everyone's random thoughts. And no, she does not want a S/L of The Stand :-)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Since your wife is not a materialistic person, why don't you give her an 'experience', some kind of activity you can share, like flying a hot air ballon or something like that? That's the first thing I thought of, probably because I'd like to do that one day

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I already sent her skydiving one year. And I hate heights, so the hot air balloon is out of the question. I try hard not to duplicate gifts from year to year, but the longer we're married, the harder that gets.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Or since she likes to read (and she's not materialistic) you could just buy her a LOT of books she'd enjoy.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

If she's an "art" person - I would highly recommend one of those high quality art-themed coffee table book. They're so gorgeous and if she has a favorite artist, you could really get her something special.

My second suggestion would be a necklace of some kind where you could add a stone or gem to it to commemorate each holiday/birthday.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure where you live, but maybe take her on a weekend trip to a large city with various art museums?
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I'm not sure where you live, but maybe take her on a weekend trip to a large city with various art museums?
    We are planning on heading down to Philadelphia and/or NYC next year to do the museum thing. My daughter loves that stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    If she's an "art" person - I would highly recommend one of those high quality art-themed coffee table book. They're so gorgeous and if she has a favorite artist, you could really get her something special.

My second suggestion would be a necklace of some kind where you could add a stone or gem to it to commemorate each holiday/birthday.
    She likes to draw and sketch, but doesn't really have a favorite artist.
    She doesn't wear a lot of necklaces - she's an ER doc, so she usually goes to work with no jewelry at all.

You can see why I'm so stuck this year.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    OK everyone. I need some Holiday gift ideas for my wife. We've been married for 14 years, and I think I've pretty much bought her everything. I've gotten her clothes, jewelry, spa packages, even a signed Whelan print. She is probably the least materialistic person I know. She doesn't collect anything, and she hardly buys anything for herself. She loves to read, but doesn't want a Kindle. She has an art background, but she has a ton of art supplies already that she doesn't use. Usually, I can come up with something, but I'm stumped this year. She likes baking, so I was thinking some kitchen appliance or something, but that just doesn't feel like a Christmas gift. I'm open to everyone's random thoughts. And no, she does not want a S/L of The Stand :-)

Why not a fancy restaurant & a nice hotel? A nice night out for the two of you... ?

I was gonna mention you the IN THE DARK restaurant in New York... but it will open in march 2011.. ( http://www.danslenoir.com/newyork/ )
    I ate in the Parisian one and it's quite an unusual experience!
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

We are planning on heading down to Philadelphia and/or NYC next year to do the museum thing. My daughter loves that stuff too.

She doesn't wear a lot of necklaces - she's an ER doc, so she usually goes to work with no jewelry at all.

Ah. Indeed. Loves to draw and sketch? Maybe art classes or private lessons with a local artist.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Don't EVER buy a woman a kitchen appliance for a gift.

Women cannot get enough jewelry. Women cannot get enough jewelry.

How about some jewelry?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

One christmas I gave my brother's wife a nicly wrapped box containing chlorox wipes, furniture polish, dish detergent, and laundry detergent.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I really think diet soda is evil. So much so that I'm bothered even seeing it. I feel like it's taking over, and soon all soda will be diet. Countless times I have had to search for regular sodas, only to find that they have been shoved into a corner, or not replaced all together on the shelves.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post

One christmas I gave my brother's wife a nicly wrapped box containing chlorox wipes, furniture polish, dish detergent, and laundry detergent.
    Result...

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post

Result...
    LOTS of laughing. She knows my sense of humor.

Then she cleaned.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Ah. Indeed. Loves to draw and sketch? Maybe art classes or private lessons with a local artist.
    She as an art degree from a Fine Arts college. She did that before deciding that art was not what she wanted in her future and then went back to school so she could enter medicine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 971 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 601 ... LastLast