Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 946 of 972 FirstFirst ... 446 846 896 936 944 945 946 947 948 956 ... LastLast
Results 23,626 to 23,650 of 24288

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, while we are on the topic of helping people remember movie titles, I got two for ya!.

The first I believe is from the 50's, but maybe 40's or 60's. I thought it stared Cary Grant, but looked at his IMDB, and nothing seemed to ring a bell. In the movie a guy is murdered (on a train I think), and a band of thieves are trying to kill his widow. They believed the victom had some money they stole in the war (wwII?). The widow meets a stranger he appears to be protecting her, but he also appears to be involved with the thieves. She finally finds out that the money was used to buy a rare stamp and she decided to turn it over to the US treasury(?). Turns out the person she turns it over to is the stranger.

The 2nd movie, I saw in Spain and I don't speak spainish so can't remember if it was subtitled or I just had to guess what they were saying. It was 1982 or 1983, and I think the movie was called Tiburon 3, which would be shark 3. I honestly thought I was watching Jaws 3 in spanish. But a few years later when I returned to US and saw Jaws 3 in english, I realized it was not the same movie. It did have some similarities to Jaws 3, the manner of the sharks death was about the same. There was a severed arm holding onto a grenade in sharks mouth that was pulled with a stick. There was even one scene were they were in someones house and there was a framed picture of Brody standing next to the tiger shark on the pier from Jaws 1. This really sold me on the idea it was a jaws sequel. The climatic scene had the shark chowing down on people during a wind surfing competition.

TIA Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I feel like we should almost have a specific thread for this. I had a movie scene stuck in my head one time and asked about it here as well.

In fact, I have one now even.

All I remember is that it was some sort of military movie that my dad was watching sometime in the 80s. I think it was the end of the movie where there was a soldier trying to get back to his camp or whatever but he had to crawl under a large field of barbed wire. Every few minutes a flare would light up the night sky and he'd have to stop crawling. Then he looked over and saw an enemy soldier also doing the same thing obliviously intending to attack the base. He couldn't stand up to warn anyway or else he would be shot but he couldn't crawl fast enough to get there before the enemy solider either.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Ok, while we are on the topic of helping people remember movie titles, I got two for ya!.

The first I believe is from the 50's, but maybe 40's or 60's. I thought it stared Cary Grant, but looked at his IMDB, and nothing seemed to ring a bell. In the movie a guy is murdered (on a train I think), and a band of thieves are trying to kill his widow. They believed the victom had some money they stole in the war (wwII?). The widow meets a stranger he appears to be protecting her, but he also appears to be involved with the thieves. She finally finds out that the money was used to buy a rare stamp and she decided to turn it over to the US treasury(?). Turns out the person she turns it over to is the stranger.
    Mike
    Charade - Hepburn/Grant
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post

Mike
    Charade - Hepburn/Grant

Thanks!
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post

Mike
    Charade - Hepburn/Grant

Thanks!
    Remade early 2000's as "The Truth About Charlie" starring Thandie Newton, Mark Wahlberg, and Tim Robbins.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The official schedule for the 2022 SDCC is now posted!

Our group discussing Stephen King Collectibles is scheduled for Friday 7/22/2022 at 4PM.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The official schedule for the 2022 SDCC is now posted!

Our group discussing Stephen King Collectibles is scheduled for Friday 7/22/2022 at 4PM.
    So it's next friday, not the past friday?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Correct.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I recently had the privilege to interview Dean Koontz for one of my jobs:

Dean Koontz on the Beauty of Language, Libraries, and Being Rescued by a Chain-smoking Clown [Written in Blood]
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bookmarked for later, thanks for sharing !
    And that's a nice picture. Nice bookshelves !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate the summer....
    2 days ago a new heat record was measured in Germany, in my hometown Hamburg with 40.1 cel. / 104.0 °F

Country
    Country Flag

Same here. It was 41 degrees at home.
    At my moms it was 49 on her terrace

But now it's back to cloudy.

I definitely prefer the scottish summers !

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Today is the day! Can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just landed in San Diego.
    Looking forward to heading to the SDCC soon.

Country
    Country Flag

Any news about whether or not it's recorded?

(I wonder how much impact it will have on the Suntup in stock books)

Country
    Country Flag

Does anybody know if, the english spoken version of the 1990 IT miniseries, has the same voices in the bluray / dvd versions than the orignal miniseries / vhs?

I know that this is not the case in french.
    But what about the original versions? (english language)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Voices in English are the same. The thing that happens is that the voiceover in French (or any other language) has a license that expires and not all are renewed. That's why, for example, there's a chance that if you watch Raiders of the Lost Ark in French voices might have changed as well. The same happened with several of the Spanish voices on films.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Can’t wait to hear all about it, gentlemen!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone have a lead on any Demco promo codes? Time to buy more book covers!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

So? How was it? Looking forward to your insight as to how it went.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll post a temporary thread with a narrative and pics when I get bac k home on Sunday or Monday.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The view from the backside of the convention center

Along the Path of the Beam HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I recently had the privilege to interview Dean Koontz for one of my jobs:

Dean Koontz on the Beauty of Language, Libraries, and Being Rescued by a Chain-smoking Clown [Written in Blood]
    Thanks for that Ricky - a very enjoyable read which makes me want to read a few more Koontzs. I also love that bookcase full of Easton Press/Franklin Librarys (I can't be sure from that distance).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 946 of 972 FirstFirst ... 446 846 896 936 944 945 946 947 948 956 ... LastLast