Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 813 of 971 FirstFirst ... 313 713 763 803 811 812 813 814 815 823 863 913 ... LastLast
Results 20,301 to 20,325 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    WTF! Just got a newsletter from Gauntlet Press, where they are complaining that Amazon is going down a slippery slope of censorship by not selling certain books by KKK and Nazi supporters.

I have to disagree with his arguments. This is not censorship, as Amazon is just a retailer, not a branch of the US Government. People are free to buy these books from less scrupulous sellers. They can probably go to the library and get a copy.

This is just a personal choice that Amazon is making. It would be no different then if Pizza Hut decided they no longer wanted to offer pineapples as a topping on their pizza's. Amazon is not required to offer every book published in the history of the world.

If Barry feels so strongly about it, he can sell these books and steal Amazon customers.
    +1
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wish someone would censor his son's LiMu Emu commercials...
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Bev Vincent just posted this in the COVID-19 thread but I'm re-posting here cause, damn and oh no!

Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson Test Positive For Coronavirus As Outbreak Hits ‘Elvis Presley’ Film

They are both 63.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Along those lines....daughter just called...they are CLOSING TEMPLE UNIVERSITY for the rest of the year and she MUST move out of her dorm by the 21st....

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Along those lines....daughter just called...they are CLOSING TEMPLE UNIVERSITY for the rest of the year and she MUST move out of her dorm by the 21st....
    That's happening with a lot of colleges in my state as well. Most are getting an extra week of spring break and then the rest of the semester will be online. I notice that my alma mater isn't doing any of that though.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Things are starting to get crazy.
    No European travel for 30 days, N B A postponing season....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Amen!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Probably going to draw a roar from the crowd but is all this really necessary concerning the virus?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hold onto your !$@# people....this coronavirus thing is only going to get multiple times worse before it gets better...and I am one of the calm ones (so I think)....the implications are staggering (graduations cancelled, schools closing, sports cancelled)....I really think we've not seen anywhere near the worst yet.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Country
    Country Flag

Hold onto your !$@# people....this coronavirus thing is only going to get multiple times worse before it gets better...and I am one of the calm ones (so I think)....the implications are staggering (graduations cancelled, schools closing, sports cancelled)....I really think we've not seen anywhere near the worst yet.
    Wow. Just wow.....

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

My wife got an email tonight from a store she frequents saying some stores might have to close....my business VISA card encouraged digital signup tonight and fact that some people might not be able to pay their bill due to coronavirus

Country
    Country Flag

My wife got an email tonight from a store she frequents saying some stores might have to close....my business VISA card encouraged digital signup tonight and fact that some people might not be able to pay their bill due to coronavirus
    I've received 3 emails from retailers stating such.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not one to panic (at all), but when I start to think of the implications for everything....wow, just wow is right....i do not think this will be in any way logical....I mean Italy just announced closing ALL businesses except pharmacies and supermarkets....there are some exceptions....but can you IMAGINE if that occurred in the USA? holy crap batman!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Probably going to draw a roar from the crowd but is all this really necessary concerning the virus?
    It's been declared a pandemic by the WHO. Over the past few weeks, the cases have increased 13 fold and if you are over 80, the mortality rate is now at 15% but not enough testing has been done in this country. We really don't know when it started or where. We just begun to know about when China decided to disclose what was happening there. Some folks appear fine and then an hour later they have acute symptoms and are near death or dead. We have no immunity against this, we are hoping the warm weather dries it up like it does with the flu but that is a guess at this point since we haven't even been through a whole season with this pathogen. There is a report of one man being cured of it in Spain by way of HIV protease inhibitors but that is one case and much more testing needs to be done. You can catch it and not show any symptoms for up to 14 days. Imagine all the people that could be infected by a single person that interacts with the public during that two week period. Children seem to have strong enough immunity to fight if off. Sort of like how children can make it through chicken pox with some discomfort but the older you get, chicken pox turns deadly. This might also mean that children are carriers/massive spreaders too. Massive quarantines and flight cancellations have helped China to partially contain their outbreak and the whole of Italy is now under quarantine as well. Put together, that is something like 114 million people quarantined.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Short answer: Yes!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    LOVE (pun intended) your avatar

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

My alma mater is the a University of Dayton in Ohio. Students were told last night at 8pm that they had to be off campus by 7am this morning! I cannot imagine what kids who live hundreds of miles away, as well as the foreign students, would do with such short notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    ... N B A postponing season....
    That's because that player from the Utah Jazz was complaining about the virus and "jokingly" touched all the microphones and now he's turned up positive for it.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    It's been declared a pandemic by the WHO. Over the past few weeks, the cases have increased 13 fold and if you are over 80, the mortality rate is now at 15% but not enough testing has been done in this country. We really don't know when it started or where. We just begun to know about when China decided to disclose what was happening there. Some folks appear fine and then an hour later they have acute symptoms and are near death or dead. We have no immunity against this, we are hoping the warm weather dries it up like it does with the flu but that is a guess at this point since we haven't even been through a whole season with this pathogen. There is a report of one man being cured of it in Spain by way of HIV protease inhibitors but that is one case and much more testing needs to be done. You can catch it and not show any symptoms for up to 14 days. Imagine all the people that could be infected by a single person that interacts with the public during that two week period. Children seem to have strong enough immunity to fight if off. Sort of like how children can make it through chicken pox with some discomfort but the older you get, chicken pox turns deadly. This might also mean that children are carriers/massive spreaders too. Massive quarantines and flight cancellations have helped China to partially contain their outbreak and the whole of Italy is now under quarantine as well. Put together, that is something like 114 million people quarantined.
    My graduate alma mater (which has also suspended classes) is a School of Public Health in a larger university and some of the mailing list emails have been crazymaking (in terms of people ringing the alarm bells for literally weeks now with no response). For almost three weeks some of the nation's top epidemiologists and disease surveillance experts have been warning about how bad it's going to get and it just never permeated into the wider public sphere or, worse, the national decision-making process.

The US is testing at the rate of about 25 people per million. The rate in Italy is about 1000 people per million, and the rate in South Korea is about 4000 people per million. For reference, the first confirmed case in South Korea happened within 24 hours of the first confirmed case in the US. The first confirmed case in Italy happened almost 10 days later. We have vastly, vastly more cases out there that aren't even being measured due to our lack of testing. It's an absolute failure of a response and we will be lucky to not end up worse than many of the other countries affected. Today is just the very first example of some of the impacts - there will absolutely be more.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    My job has a "Work Til Your Dead" policy so I guess I'll keep reporting until then. Probably even have to report afterwards.....

#notbuyingintothefearmongering

See y'all in either Boulder or Vegas! Peace out!

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    My graduate alma mater (which has also suspended classes) is a School of Public Health in a larger university and some of the mailing list emails have been crazymaking (in terms of people ringing the alarm bells for literally weeks now with no response). For almost three weeks some of the nation's top epidemiologists and disease surveillance experts have been warning about how bad it's going to get and it just never permeated into the wider public sphere or, worse, the national decision-making process.

The US is testing at the rate of about 25 people per million. The rate in Italy is about 1000 people per million, and the rate in South Korea is about 4000 people per million. For reference, the first confirmed case in South Korea happened within 24 hours of the first confirmed case in the US. The first confirmed case in Italy happened almost 10 days later. We have vastly, vastly more cases out there that aren't even being measured due to our lack of testing. It's an absolute failure of a response and we will be lucky to not end up worse than many of the other countries affected. Today is just the very first example of some of the impacts - there will absolutely be more.
    This administration does not want the real numbers known because it will affect the economy negatively. It will affect Trump's properties negatively if quarantines must be utilized. They rejected the test kits from the WHO back in January and insisted the CDC came up with their own kits. Precious time was lost and the virus spread while Trump told us not to worry and the cases would soon be gone.

How testing failures allowed coronavirus to sweep the U.S.

The Trump administration’s decision to forgo a World Health Organization test and create its own had fateful consequences, experts say.

In a word, it's deplorable.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

See y'all in either Boulder or Vegas! Peace out!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

No way; I love those things.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    No way; I love those things.
    I had no idea that was his son! I looked at his IMDB and it turns out I've seen him in a lot of one-off episodes of random shows like Bones...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 813 of 971 FirstFirst ... 313 713 763 803 811 812 813 814 815 823 863 913 ... LastLast