Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 972 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 208 608 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds great, David! Happy Thanksgiving to all (I second Ari's statement, I wish we had this as well)

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No need to have the official holiday to celebrate like we do:

1) Prepare a turkey, some stuffing, potatoes, a few casseroles, a mountain of biscuits, 4-5 pies, etc. -- basically enough food to feed 15-20 people even though you have only 4 in your house
    2) Get on each other's nerves all day while the food is being cooked.
    3) Enjoy all of the food and have a massive attack of heartburn afterward.
    4) Spend 2 hours doing dishes

And there you have it - Thanksgiving in a nutshell

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Eric, you forgot to mention watching football games on the TV!

John

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like Christmas!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Eric, you forgot to mention watching football games on the TV!

John
    Forgot about that one:

2a) Try to watch football while your kids keep coming into the living room asking if they can watch Nickelodeon

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Country
    Country Flag

So I just ordered this from Amazon during their Black Friday sale - it is The Jedi Path, which is "supposed to be the only surviving textbook on how to be a Jedi." As a Star Wars geek, it looks really awesome. Tell me if this is not the COOLEST slipcase/traycase EVER:

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool. When I first heard of this I was surprised they didn't do a limited numbered & signed release with Daniel Wallace.

I want to pull the trigger and grab one but can't get myself to do it. Congratulations.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Very nice day yesterday. As we are a vegetarian household, we had two pans of stuffed shells, "greek" potatoes, home-made applesauce, green beans, carrots with pecans, wine, apple pie, pumpkin pie, and ice cream. Then we all exploded.
    You guys are vegetarians? Do you have any recipes to recommend?
    My gf is vegetarian, and it's a NIGHTMARE because we both never know what to cook...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Eat dirt.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Brice - you need to clear out some of your private messages!
    Done! Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    So I just ordered this from Amazon during their Black Friday sale - it is The Jedi Path, which is "supposed to be the only surviving textbook on how to be a Jedi." As a Star Wars geek, it looks really awesome. Tell me if this is not the COOLEST slipcase/traycase EVER:

Okay, Star Wars pretty much bores me to tears, but that is one awesome case.

And a belated happy thanksgiving everyone!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Very nice day yesterday. As we are a vegetarian household, we had two pans of stuffed shells, "greek" potatoes, home-made applesauce, green beans, carrots with pecans, wine, apple pie, pumpkin pie, and ice cream. Then we all exploded.
    Cool stuff. More vegetarians, the merrier. Our family is vegetarian too, with me being the only vegan. We usually buy Tofurkey for Thanksgiving, their dumplings are great. Cranberries, home made mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes and some fresh veggies and it's a feast. We skip the wine and get alcohol free champaigne or something like that.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

http://talkstephenking.blogspot.com/

I found that blog by accident when I was looking for a picture of Full Dark, No Stars.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Neil Gaiman fans take note.
    Your chance to participate in the making of a film adaptation of "The Price".
    "Investors" get movie related goodies, based on monetary amount, ranging from $10 up.
    Short time left for raising the capital to make the film.
    Sounded cool, so I did...

Neil Gaiman's The Price

See ya'll Thursday in NH!

Karl

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

ARGH i don't like the idea of being snowed in at work

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

...unless you are working from home.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's ok im back but the roads in Derbyshire (the middle of England) are terrible, i don't know how im going to get back tommorrow.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not nice, I know, but I have to share some pain here. I am in a world of hurt.

My new job REQUIRES that I pass a certain NYSE licensing exam...one that I passed many years ago for another job but it lapsed so have to retake it. Well, I took it for a SECOND time yesterday and failed again. Missed passing by 3 questions. I am not a stupid man. I know the rules and regs I am studying (and I spend countless hours over the last month studying to the detriment of Betts AND more importantly my family). The only saving grace may be that the other Supervisory Analyst at this firm just gave his notice last week. So they really cannot afford to fire me as I will be the ONLY one at the firm that can process their reports and upload them to various platforms. I can DO all the required work for the job..Just "legally" I cannot push that final "approved" button on the reports I process. The other guy's last day is next Friday so they better hire somebody pronto or else they will be in a very big bind.

I just am so sad for myself and my family. I worked so damned hard at studying for this exam and then not to pass....well it's really tough. I am backlogged out the wazoo with Betts, owing people responses, shipping orders etc., and my family is telling me that I am totally dropping the ball in taking care of them. They miss me. What a frickin mess. Ever since I lost my "perfect" job 18 months ago...well life has been a real struggle.

Sorry to dump on you all. Usually, I'm a pretty cheerful fellow, but I'm having a real difficult time here. Best you can do for me is send goodmind and positive energy. Only I can dig myself out of this hole. Many of you have offered your help (and I am so grateful for the offer), but I have to do these things myself. Thanks

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hi David. Pity about the exam results. Are you allowed to resit the exam? My whole job revolves knowing laws and regulations, so I know what you have been going through studying them.

"...and my family is telling me that I am totally dropping the ball in taking care of them."

I think your family are being unreasonable at this important time in your career. They should be giving you all the space, time and understanding, instead of giving you extra pressure. They will have plenty of your time later when you have passed the exam.

Don't know if it will help, but I will send you positive energy from my end. Keep your spirits up. Everything will be rosy soon enough.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

David. If u need to talk call me!

In the meantime HUGS to you!! You can do itM. I know you can.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I can resit the exam...if they (firm) are willing to keep me on. I have to wait 30 days to retake. I have to face my boss this morning to discuss options.

My comment about my family came out a bit wrong...they have been supportive...they just miss me and want more of me

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

David - I'm so sorry for all your troubles. Speaking as someone who is terrible at taking tests, I can completely relate on that level. It's not always about what you know. I'm sure you'll ace it the next time out. And honestly, it's the every day stress that makes your family say those things - they're worried about you and it's coming out sideways. You're a great dad and husband, we can tell just by how you post here, and I'm sure you show them each and every day. Nothing but :goodmind: for you, my friend. It will get better.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My best prayers and thoughts are with you, David.

John

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

David
    Third time will be a charm as the saying goes.
    Pass this and you will be home free!
    Everything else has to come second for just the time being!

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Good Mind David and lots of it. There are times when life is just overwhelming. I hope you find your way soon to whatever is going to bring peace and happiness to your soul.

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 972 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 208 608 ... LastLast