Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 792 of 971 FirstFirst ... 292 692 742 782 790 791 792 793 794 802 842 892 ... LastLast
Results 19,776 to 19,800 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    I keep seeing people post about this on Facebook. That is NOT a haunted house. They literally torture you for hours until you either give up or pass out. That's why they make you sign a waiver and that's why they've never given out their fictional "reward" for making it until the end. I'm amazed that people still sign up to go through it.

I've watched a few of the videos and just a few of the things I remember seeing were things like:

Putting people's heads inside a bucket of dog crap.
    Spraying people with a firehose.
    locking them in a freezer after they are soaking wet from the hose.
    force-feeding them rancid food.
    Making them doing push-ups or jumping jacks until they can't stand up anymore.

Also there are no safe words and you are only allowed to stop when they decide to stop.
    Glad I never signed up... it sounds like torture..

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Anyone here collect or interested in ephemera related to horror/fantasy/sci-fi conferences?

I while back I bought a bundle of brochures/programs/catalogues from Allen Koszowski in order to get a Centipede Press catalogue I was missing, and now I have a bunch of unrelated stuff that's taking up a book's worth of space on my shelves. I want to get rid of them. Please let me send them to you free of charge
    Please, anyone?

The collector in me can't bear to put them in the recycling bin, and the lazy person in me very much doesn't want to take the time to list the bundle on eBay.

There's even some Overlook Connection Press catalogs and other stuff that is maybe only 2 or 3 degrees away from being related to Stephen King...

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm actually after two of the Overlook Connection Press catalogs. I'll send you a PM.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

If this needs to be moved to the proper thread, please do.

RE: The Shining Folio Signed Edition

I talked with a manager at Folio and got some surprising news....

Some people are saying "Folio released another 100 giving the total of 200 signed Folio The Shining editions". Come to find out, King only signed 100 bookplates for Folio. They gave a few out to winners of a contest in the beginning and sold a small handful of them at first. The latest sale by Folio is the rest of the 100 lot. So, it really is only 100 signed The Shining Folio according to Folio. This would explain the continued scarcity of this signed book.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That's great news. Thanks for going the extra proverbial mile to acquire this information.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! While I think that’s great that there are only 110, that’s still so strange that they spread this out over a few years.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Wow! While I think that’s great that there are only 110, that’s still so strange that they spread this out over a few years.
    100 he said. So they must have only gave away 20 of them. I bet this settles around a $1000...... value wise. That’s a pretty low limitation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Correct...100 total. That includes the few they gave away in the beginning. I didn't ask how many contest winners, but yes, King only signed 100 bookplates for the project.

Personally, I wish they had done 1/100, 2/100, 3/100 etc.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    If this needs to be moved to the proper thread, please do.

RE: The Shining Folio Signed Edition

I talked with a manager at Folio and got some surprising news....

Some people are saying "Folio released another 100 giving the total of 200 signed Folio The Shining editions". Come to find out, King only signed 100 bookplates for Folio. They gave a few out to winners of a contest in the beginning and sold a small handful of them at first. The latest sale by Folio is the rest of the 100 lot. So, it really is only 100 signed The Shining Folio according to Folio. This would explain the continued scarcity of this signed book.

Mulleins

That's pretty cool, thanks for the information.
    That means that the two copies I have and consider selling may fetch an higher value
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

But if they advertised that 110 were being given away as prizes and then they only gave 20 out, isn't that fraud? Or was there a misinterpretation of the contest rules?

I managed to get one for $795, thanks to Jerome posting the link.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

JUST heard: That they have held back some for more contests??!! WTF
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

I enquired with The Folio Society about a week ago, regarding the possibility of any more signed books of The Shining becoming available. They categorically stated that they had no more signed copies in stock.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    I enquired with The Folio Society about a week ago, regarding the possibility of any more signed books of The Shining becoming available. They categorically stated that they had no more signed copies in stock.
    They told another chap a different story Alec. They seem to be playing a bit of a dishonest game here....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    I was told the same yesterday. All 100 distributed. Again, I was told that King would only sign 100 bookplates for the project. They didn't have damaged bookplates left over. I tried.

Mulleins

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

That makes no sense.

I'm calling shenanigans!

SHENANIGANS!!!!

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Got a call this morning from the Hays County(TX) DA, who told me that the guy who burgled my house back in May has been indicted. She is sending out a packet for me to complete to request restitution. I'll also be getting texts anytime he has to make a court appearance.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

When I posted pictures of my new puppy a couple months ago, I forget who told me to wait for the first snowfall. It was much earlier than I wanted, but yeah it so much fun!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

The dog looks like he's having fun.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

When I posted pictures of my new puppy a couple months ago, I forget who told me to wait for the first snowfall. It was much earlier than I wanted, but yeah it so much fun!

And it was ~90 degrees here today.

It is suppose to cool down this weekend. That is a couple of weeks late of the typical trend.
    The pup looks like it likes it. Was that just random play or a face-plant?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

And it was ~90 degrees here today.

It is suppose to cool down this weekend. That is a couple of weeks late of the typical trend.
    The pup looks like it likes it. Was that just random play or a face-plant?
    A total face plant, as she was digging for something! Yeah, the weather here is crazy. Probably ended up with 6 inches of snow. Trick or treat was supposed to happen tonight, but was moved to Saturday.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

trick or treat here but it is 70 degrees in CT.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Take this in either the Halloween spirit or in total jealousy, but...

BOO!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

WTF, its 53 in Austin
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    WTF, its 53 in Austin
    Well shit it's 43 in North Austin. Maybe I need to move 10 miles south

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great!!! Now this thread has turned into the fucking weather channel!!!! LOL LOL

I'll chime in. 73 degrees here in Chandler, AZ!!!!!

Spoiler:
    Now that's some scary shit!!! BOO!!! LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 792 of 971 FirstFirst ... 292 692 742 782 790 791 792 793 794 802 842 892 ... LastLast