Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 971 of 971 FirstFirst ... 471 871 921 961 969 970 971
Results 24,251 to 24,268 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Look at what now would be considered ridiculously low prices.
    Quite the opposite for me.. I WAS FLOORED at the prices.. I expected much lower. FOr instance... a Christine S/L.... was $1500 and thats what it gets today! Now a Firestarter was a lot less but all in all i was quite surprised. THIS intrigued me:

Pamela Sargent/Stephen King Dispute

Yeah, a set of matching DT was $22K, and this was when there were only 7 books in the set. I bought my set of 9 books, 4 or 5 years ago for ~13K.

Also, curious, it notes that a Lettered Gunslinger was Sold (wish I knew the price), and that it was 1 of 35. Is that a mistake? The catalog says 1/52.
    I'm only aware of 35 lettered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm, according to https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...-Who-owns-them David owns copy AY, so wouldn't that imply at least 51 copies?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

I have always been led to believe that there were 35 lettered.
    If David owns letter “AY” it begs the question, has anyone seen “AJ - AX” anywhere at all. I certainly have not.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Look at what now would be considered ridiculously low prices.
    Quite the opposite for me.. I WAS FLOORED at the prices.. I expected much lower. FOr instance... a Christine S/L.... was $1500 and thats what it gets today! Now a Firestarter was a lot less but all in all i was quite surprised. THIS intrigued me:

Pamela Sargent/Stephen King Dispute
    Pamela Sargent is a novelist. One of his novels (The Shore of Woman) got some exchages via letters decades ago. I don't know if King was involved or not.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    I have always been led to believe that there were 35 lettered.
    If David owns letter “AY” it begs the question, has anyone seen “AJ - AX” anywhere at all. I certainly have not.
    It's always been a bit of a controversy.
    Did Grant do a lettered edition - A-Z (thus 26) or possibly A-Y? It never has made sense (where is AB, AC, AD etc. I'm inclined to believe that AY is a bootleg copy, lettered by someone with a blank S/L Gunslinger, who didn't think very well.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Someone just posted copy AU on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BookCollecting/s/qZ5TUhQY9o

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Someone just posted copy AU on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BookCollecting/s/qZ5TUhQY9o
    I don't know. That looks a lot different that the A in my copy. And the two copies I've sold in the last 6 months. I won't own it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

I completely agree.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

wasn't there an ongoing controversy some time ago about another 'A _' copy? I can't find the thread, so I don't recall the copy designation, AC maybe? this is getting kind of odd. has anyone ever reached out to Robert W for some insight? I tried once, but didn't hear back.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I’m adding this link to show more of the original items from surly’s link. No offence meant. I apologize for the mediocre quality of the URL view. I am trying to work from home and do the tdt.org thing at the same time. Hopefully, someone can adjust the contrast and help clear the view.

I did not think that the listings would disappear so quickly after each sale. Therefore, I waited at least 10 days before I copied this collection page. A terrible mistake! This link does not capture everything, but it, along with a spreadsheet from Mr. Rabbit Trick, covers most of the remaining inventory after the first 10+ days. It would be great to have the original listing as a reference point for prices AND to see all the original items already sold and deleted from the site.

IIRC, the 'Salem's Lot proof went for $6K, The Plant lettered set went for $11K, and the lettered Eyes of the Dragon went for a pittance at $4.5K. Those are a few of the original prices I can still remember.

I really don't think my first link from 04/06/04 is the beginning of the CC Super Collection. Chris's collection sale began 2+ years later and that seems, to me, too wide of a time difference. And I don't think it has anything to do with Gerald Winters for a few reasons. So, I'll keep looking - the answer is out there!

John

https://ibb.co/cwDXMG4

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's important to remember that Betts was owned by Stu Tinker until he sold his inventory and webpage (including design) to David Williamson in December 2009.
    David can't answer questions for listings before he took over. David can only speculate.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

To add to the mystery....I do own letter AY. I bought it from Stu Tinker a LONG time ago when he owned Betts. Michael Whelan remarqued my copy with me as Callahan (I think the only lettered that is remarqued?). I posted pics of my lettered AY a long time ago...too lazy to hunt them up...I've heard 35 copies, I've heard 52 copies.....I've been told by Robert W. that not all books lettered/numbered by same person so there could be variations. That is as far as my knowledge takes me.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    To add to the mystery....I do own letter AY. I bought it from Stu Tinker a LONG time ago when he owned Betts. Michael Whelan remarqued my copy with me as Callahan (I think the only lettered that is remarqued?). I posted pics of my lettered AY a long time ago...too lazy to hunt them up...I've heard 35 copies, I've heard 52 copies.....I've been told by Robert W. that not all books lettered/numbered by same person so there could be variations. That is as far as my knowledge takes me.

I believe your copy is used in the Catalog.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Don't know where else to ask this. What is LATE RETURNS by Joe Hill? Do you have to be on a special ordering list to get this one or have bought a previous book?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It's just a short story from Full Throttle. You must've had purchased Full Throttle to get a shot at buying Late Returns and even then you weren't guaranteed one. FT had a 750 copy print vs. 500 copies of LR.

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Seems strange to reprint just this one story when already included in Full Throttle.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    Seems strange to reprint just this one story when already included in Full Throttle.
    It's all about $$$.

Stephen King could probably publish a signed 1/26 chapbook with a one word poem:

"The"

People would pay $1K plus for it.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thanks, at least now I know what it is!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    It's all about $$$.

Stephen King could probably publish a signed 1/26 chapbook with a one word poem:

"The"

People would pay $1K plus for it.
    Yeah, agreed.

But heck, I don’t think Full Throttle was a whole lot more than they are charging for just this novella. Crazy.

I sure can’t justify buying this myself, but I’m sure it will be gone quickly……
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

+ Reply to Thread
Page 971 of 971 FirstFirst ... 471 871 921 961 969 970 971