Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 948 of 971 FirstFirst ... 448 848 898 938 946 947 948 949 950 958 ... LastLast
Results 23,676 to 23,700 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

2? There's another of these?

[Seriously, looks like fun.]
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I now have two books which state 'Version 1' on the copyright page instead of '1st printing' or a number line.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

More details?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My publisher is gearing up to send out ARCs of my book (Showtime) for advance reviews/cover blurbs. If anyone has any ideas of notable writers who might be interested in reading for potential blurb consideration, please let me know! Digital ARCs will be ready in a week or so (physical ones later on).

Here's the cover synopsis:

College student Jordan Jones’s life hasn’t been the same since his grandmother, the person who loved and understood him most, died in Matthew Manson’s ruse of an act on Talent Now!, a nationally-televised talent show.

When Jordan discovers his grandparents’ television allows him to travel to the past, opportunity trumps fear: a chance to not only save his grandmother from an untimely death, but to exact revenge against the man who caused it.

But as Jordan investigates the massacre—and man—that claimed his grandmother’s life, he discovers an awful truth: just because the past allows him entry doesn’t mean it will allow him to leave.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    More details?
    SAM GUNN JR. by Ben Bova, Blackstone Publishing, the book also is without a price (ordered from Amazon). A dealer on E-Bay has a copy which he says is a proof but I don't know about that, why would Amazon sell me a proof?

THE RAVAGED by Norman Reedus with Frank Bill, $28.99, bought at Barnes & Noble. I also have a proof of this which does NOT have a numberline or any other printing designation.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    More details?
    SAM GUNN JR. by Ben Bova, Blackstone Publishing, the book also is without a price (ordered from Amazon). A dealer on E-Bay has a copy which he says is a proof but I don't know about that, why would Amazon sell me a proof?

THE RAVAGED by Norman Reedus with Frank Bill, $28.99, bought at Barnes & Noble. I also have a proof of this which does NOT have a numberline or any other printing designation.
    The one on eBay is just a copy sent to a reviewer. Not a proof. Not sure why there is no price though. Publishers choice I guess.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Years ago, I would hang out with this guy that lived a few roads away. Hadn't spoken to him in a while. Last week, he shot his brother 21 times in the face with an AR-15.

UPDATED: 40-year-old man arrested on suspicion of 1st degree murder by Whatcom County Sheriff’s Office

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Damn……good thing you weren’t there that night!
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    Damn……good thing you weren’t there that night!
    He grew up in Seattle but moved out here to SC when he was a teen to be with his mom because his father didn't want him and beat him but moved back to Seattle well over a decade ago. Several prison terms and I hadn't spoke to him in years. Now this.
    I've known a lot of messed up people in my life.

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Sad when people have a shitty home life like that. Lot of kids in my county come from homes like that unfortunately.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I suspect 95% of the world is based on quality of parenting.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

SK tweeted that last night :
    https://twitter.com/StephenKing/stat...71368316272640

I truly wonder if it will have any impact on this public appearances.
    Because, let's be honnest, he's not getting any younger and given his politic's opinion he may not be as popular as he was (to the maga crowd)

10 years back, a french person did a stupid video which I had to report to his assistants so I do truly wonder if this event may have any impact about his public event given that the politic is truly dividied at the moment
    Do you think he'll some more public events, of he will try to get away from them from now on?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I truly wonder if it will have any impact on this public appearances.
    I'd be curious to hear the opinions of those hear who know King somewhat (like most, I'm just a reader), but I'd say it would have no bearing on his public appearances, given that fatwas are pretty singular things (King hasn't been the subject of one).

...he may not be as popular as he was (to the maga crowd)
    I think the only MAGA-related risk is that 3 bored conservatives leave a King event early in the event King spends several minutes lingering on politics.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Once Covid-19 hit (and really before) S.K. made an effort to limit/decline public speaking and signing events. He expressed that he wanted to spend most all of his time writing, and spending time with his family (Grandchildren in particular).
    As much as I enjoy going to a S.K event, I'd rather he never did one again than be assaulted-killed prior to or during one.

Security now has to be at an all-time high for most any celebrity to show up. It (no pun intended), kills the joy of a few fleeting moments of meeting King and having him sign a book for you.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    My publisher is gearing up to send out ARCs of my book (Showtime) for advance reviews/cover blurbs. If anyone has any ideas of notable writers who might be interested in reading for potential blurb consideration, please let me know! Digital ARCs will be ready in a week or so (physical ones later on).

Here's the cover synopsis:

College student Jordan Jones’s life hasn’t been the same since his grandmother, the person who loved and understood him most, died in Matthew Manson’s ruse of an act on Talent Now!, a nationally-televised talent show.

When Jordan discovers his grandparents’ television allows him to travel to the past, opportunity trumps fear: a chance to not only save his grandmother from an untimely death, but to exact revenge against the man who caused it.

But as Jordan investigates the massacre—and man—that claimed his grandmother’s life, he discovers an awful truth: just because the past allows him entry doesn’t mean it will allow him to leave.

You sold me on the story. Let me know when it comes out. Stuck in a TV, Grandmas, Time travel Genious. What a way to sell the story!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you! I appreciate that. 🙂

Street date is 12/6/22, but it's available for preorder at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Walmart, Target, and all the rest, but is a few dollars cheaper if you order directly from the publisher: https://www.inkshares.com/books/showtime
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Congratulations, Ricky!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Tommy! It's been a long road (made even longer by the pandemic), but I'm excited for people to finally read it!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Thanks, Tommy! It's been a long road (made even longer by the pandemic), but I'm excited for people to finally read it!
    It's been more then three years since I became a supporter. COVID certainly didn't help.

Was the original campaign on inkshares or somewhere else? My earliest inkshares email is you saying they would publish. Was there a hardcover level? I seem to remember a hardcover.

Country
    Country Flag

You're correct. Inkshares is the publisher (and yes, the home of the preorder campaign). There was never a hardcover level (years ago they did hardcovers, but that was before I entered).

The hard reality (and what those who aren't tuned in to the publishing process don't always realize--not you, Brian, just in general) is that unless you self-publish (or your last name is Koontz, King, or Grisham), debut novels take 2 years from start to finish (dev. edits, copy edits, proofing, typesetting, cover design, the whole deal). Add in delays from COVID, two of their printers shutting down, paper supply shortages, and physical bookstores not being open to browse during the pandemic, and that set everything back by just about a year. Aside from COVID, we're actually right on track.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

We dropped our son off today for his first day of college at CU Boulder; he's in the Aerospace Engineering Honors program and wants to be an astronaut. He's a big Tolkien reader, so got him a newly released book and inscribed it with a Gandalf quote strangely suitable for an Aerospace Engineer/Astronaut!

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck to your son, George. Love the inscription!

Dropping this here in case anybody is near next weekend and would like to go.

Mad Monster Expo 2022

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Has anyone ever bought anything through eCrater? I may buy a book through that, but I have no idea if this is something I should just ignore (small money, small risk: $21).

Remember, Tuesday is SOYLENT GREEN day:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 948 of 971 FirstFirst ... 448 848 898 938 946 947 948 949 950 958 ... LastLast