Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 910 of 971 FirstFirst ... 410 810 860 900 908 909 910 911 912 920 960 ... LastLast
Results 22,726 to 22,750 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I have a friend who is an investigative journalist. This is what she said... Chauvin was convicted on charges of 2nd-degree murder, which has a maximum sentence of 40 years; 3rd-degree murder, which has a maximum sentence of 25 years; and 2nd-degree manslaughter, which has a maximum sentence of 10 years.

The verdict means he will face a maximum penalty that matches the most serious count, which is 40 years
    That was my understanding too. Also, since he has no prior record, the judge could reduce that 40 yr sentence as low as 12 years.
    Right. In the end, it’s the judge’s call.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Big big news for me, regarding a King related project that I started working on back in 2015-2016, that I thought dead... and is back in force !
    Can't say more about it, as it's a long way til finished... but let's say I signed something making it official... and there couldn't be a better person to sign this with, in France

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, J!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Good for you, dude!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

That would be bad for Minneapolis if the sentence was too low....
    Crazy times here in Minnesota for sure...not good at all...

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Jeremy! Can't wait to hear the details.

John

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Everything said above regarding the sentencing of D. Chauvin is pretty spot on. I'll only add this hoping it's not redundant. He committed 1 crime that broke 3 laws so, as a first-time offender of the most serious charge (2nd degree unintentional murder), his sentence per MN guidelines would be 150 months. However, the judge has the latitude to increase the sentence if the jury finds that one or more aggravating factors made this crime especially serious. Or if the defendant waives the right for a jury to make that determination, then the sentencing judge can make that determination. In this case, the defendant waived the jury's right to do so. The prosecution has charged that multiple aggravating factors were present -- children were present, particular cruelty, and abuse of position of authority. No matter how the judge rules, it is very likely that the case will be appealed to a State Appellate Court. Hope this helps.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Going for my Covid vaccine on Wednesday. I really hope it works and doesn't kill me!!! lol Fuck it though, right? I gotta try I suppose. It's just that I haven't had a great track record with new medicine's. I have allergies of, Heprin and Daptomycin. Both nearly did me in previously. Not much choice though is the way I'm thinking. Wish me luck!!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck.
    If all also fails, Morphine helps.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Good luck.
    If all also fails, Morphine helps.
    Ahh yes. "Sister Morphine" could take me into the after-life. LOL LOL WTF, right? lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

How could a little old shot knock down a giant like Merlin!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Going for my Covid vaccine on Wednesday. I really hope it works and doesn't kill me!!! lol Fuck it though, right? I gotta try I suppose. It's just that I haven't had a great track record with new medicine's. I have allergies of, Heprin and Daptomycin. Both nearly did me in previously. Not much choice though is the way I'm thinking. Wish me luck!!!! lol
    It's all about choice. I'm choosing not to get it.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Given that the "news" I have really isn't news (because it isn't confirmed), this thread may be as good a place as any to get the word out to people here: some who closely follow the Folio Society are confident that their summer collection (to be announced next week, likely Wednesday) will include an edition of The Stand.

Again: not confirmed.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

After a year without concerts, I was reminded this morning how bad the Ticketmaster system is. Tried getting tickets to Genesis in Chicago, and logged in early to get in the waiting room. Once tickets went on sale, I stayed in the queue for another 25 minutes (and still had 2000+ ahead of me) until a pop-up appeared saying ticket availability is very limited.

I miss the chaos of hitting refresh over and over again hoping seats show up. The new way is just frustrating.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

After a year without concerts, I was reminded this morning how bad the Ticketmaster system is. Tried getting tickets to Genesis in Chicago, and logged in early to get in the waiting room. Once tickets went on sale, I stayed in the queue for another 25 minutes (and still had 2000+ ahead of me) until a pop-up appeared saying ticket availability is very limited.

I miss the chaos of hitting refresh over and over again hoping seats show up. The new way is just frustrating.
    I'm a huge Genesis fan and enjoyed the last Live over Europe tour, even though Collins was not at his best drumming due to health issues - Chester as always, manfully picks up the slack. However, the images i've seen of Collins for this tour, effectively sitting on a chair centre stage, saddens me and I'm not sure I want that to be my final concert memories of Genesis.... (plus getting a ticket is harder than getting a signed In the Tall Grass for sensible money)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

I'm a huge Genesis fan and enjoyed the last Live over Europe tour, even though Collins was not at his best drumming due to health issues - Chester as always, manfully picks up the slack. However, the images i've seen of Collins for this tour, effectively sitting on a chair centre stage, saddens me and I'm not sure I want that to be my final concert memories of Genesis.... (plus getting a ticket is harder than getting a signed In the Tall Grass for sensible money)
    I’ve only seen Genesis once, back in 1982, but have seen Phil 8-9 times. I agree about Chester. He was an ideal compliment to Phil on the stage. It’s his son this time around though. Even though he sounds decent, it still wouldn’t be the same. Add to that, Phil sitting throughout the show (as you said), the excitement level just isn’t there.

Lower level seats started at $400 though, so I lost interest almost immediately.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

I’ve only seen Genesis once, back in 1982, but have seen Phil 8-9 times. I agree about Chester. He was an ideal compliment to Phil on the stage. It’s his son this time around though. Even though he sounds decent, it still wouldn’t be the same. Add to that, Phil sitting throughout the show (as you said), the excitement level just isn’t there.

Lower level seats started at $400 though, so I lost interest almost immediately.
    You are probably right about seeing Phil in a chair the whole time. But I did see the Foo Fighters in concert, and learned on day of concert that Dave Grohl had a broken leg, and did the majority of the concert in a wheel chair. Despite that, it ranked as one of the best concerts I have been to. I think they renamed the tour "the broken leg tour"

Here's a clip I found online from the concert I went too:

Of course I am sure Dave has a lot more energy then Phil does at this point in their lives. But in general I think you can still have a fun concert from a chair, just hope it isn't a lay-z-boy.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Wow, I didn’t even know Genesis was touring again. Frankly, I’m very surprised given Phil Collins health issues. I would still love to see them again, though.

The last time I saw them live was in 1992, in Knebworth. It was the last big venue performance of the tour - they did a couple of small theater gigs after that - and there were 100,000 people in the crowd. Pretty amazing experience.

I was living in Australia, at the time, but planned to travel to the UK and Europe at the same time as the concert so that I could go. I was subscribed to a Genesis fan email list called “Paperlate”, and someone on the list bought the ticket for me, and gave it to me the day of the concert when I met up with them. This was before Internet browsers, websites or online transactions, so the existence of the Internet enabling a stranger on the other side of the world to help me get a concert ticket was mind blowing to me.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

God bless Genesis; more power to them.

There's always mixed feelings about late stage tours for aging rockers, but I say, take what we can get, because eventually there'll be literally nothing left of these acts. I've seen the 3-man and 2-man versions of The Who live, and enjoyed the hell out of all of it.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Far be it for a Greater Boston-dweller such as myself to shed a tear for a NY franchise, but man have the Rangers been getting fucked on the whole Tom Wilson/Capitals thing.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My wife is positive I’m so far negative BUT we have to isolate. She is sick but not hospital sick... yet. Our apt (temporary until our condo is ready) is 655sf she is in the bedroom and me out in LR. It’s hard... I won’t lie. It’s hard.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Sorry to hear it; I hope neither of you have complicating factors. Hopefully this is a short tunnel out of which you'll both shortly pop (awkwardly written and strangely metaphored, but hopefully you get my point).

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heard on the radio this morning that CA is expecting to reach herd immunity by mid June.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 910 of 971 FirstFirst ... 410 810 860 900 908 909 910 911 912 920 960 ... LastLast