Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 943 of 971 FirstFirst ... 443 843 893 933 941 942 943 944 945 953 ... LastLast
Results 23,551 to 23,575 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HumphreyBBear View Post
    Regardless, as a citizen of the rest of the world, it's very difficult to understand the US obsession with the right to bear automatic weapons.
    These are not automatic weapons. I know it’s a small discrepancy but they are semi-automatic. Automatic weapons have been banned for some time (not that they aren’t still available on the street if you have the means). I own a number of semi-automatic shotguns for hunting. In my instance, as many others I know, it’s not an “obsession” nor a means to commit crimes. We use them lawfully. I realize many don’t understand nor want to, but I don’t want to lose my privilege of owning and using the guns I have in a lawful manner.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Would it be possible to reopen the Politics thread if we all promise to play nice?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Seriously, call me foreigner and all you want, but I don't get everything that is happening with guns in the USA.
    Given all the kids that were killed within the past year, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, it should be plenty to at least put background check and forbid some weapons in the USA.

IMO, not doing so is just non-sense and stupidness.

You would try to change things if your kids were killed with guns. So why not doing anything when there are so many mass shootings?
    I'm an American and I feel the exact same way.

It's just unbelievable how all the thoughts and prayers everyone put out the last 100 times this happened just didn't seem to help.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Coming soon to a theater near you!

Kramer versus Kramer, the Sea Quail!

Starring Jonny Deep and Ambeer Head

Perch on the edge of your sticky movie-house seat as you watch this feuding botanical couple try to save these endangered birds as they are analyzed to literal death by a bevy of wild-eyed, irrational, spooky-haired bird whisperers whose intentions are good but whose results vary from hilarious to downright fowl!

No one with an IQ of over 25 admitted.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hilarious.
    Positive rep sent.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I went outside this morning to walk my dog and fill the bird feeder, and behold and lo! the neighbor to the South was not running the compressor that makes his used car lot big wavery thing flap all night long every spring and summer night to scare the deer away from his garden and fruit trees, the neighbor to the North was not using his leaf blower or running the loud engine of his tractor for hours on end, the neighbors across the street had turned off their extremely bright, piercing porch light that lights up half my yard during the winter and which hurts my eyes to look at, and the neighbor to the South-East had stopped playing live rock and roll music which I could hear in every room in my house last night.
    At least the neighbor to the East died so he doesn't fly his airplanes across the back of my yard anymore (yes, real airplanes from the hanger he built on his property and which sounded like a million lawn mowers running every time they took off.

It was kind of like...Paradise!

At the same time, most of these people have done me favors in the past (excluding the pilot and the rock 'n roll star), and when I talk to them I get along with them quite well.

And so I magni...magnano...magne...very nicely forgive them!

At least until they come outside and start all over again!

Darn...I forgot to mention the shotgun blasts...maybe next time!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am over the moon with a dream come true... I have ALWAYS dreamed of going to San Diego Comic Con. Tried for MANY years and its impossible to get tickets if you are aware... it is sooo hard. My wife tried for YEARS to surprise me. No luck. Fast forward to now and I am going to sit on a panel about Stephen King to speak in front of an audience on the Rare Book market. To say this is an honor is an understatement. The panel is a who's who of the King world too... a literal dream come true for me. I not only have a VIP pass but a Presenter Pass so I will have a full weeks pass to EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!! I still cannot believe it....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Kris! Sounds like fun.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Kris! It should be quite an experience!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I am over the moon with a dream come true... I have ALWAYS dreamed of going to San Diego Comic Con. Tried for MANY years and its impossible to get tickets if you are aware... it is sooo hard. My wife tried for YEARS to surprise me. No luck. Fast forward to now and I am going to sit on a panel about Stephen King to speak in front of an audience on the Rare Book market. To say this is an honor is an understatement. The panel is a who's who of the King world too... a literal dream come true for me. I not only have a VIP pass but a Presenter Pass so I will have a full weeks pass to EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!! I still cannot believe it....

Congrats Kris! Do you know if a recording will be made available after the conference?

Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post

I own a number of semi-automatic shotguns for hunting. In my instance, as many others I know, it’s not an “obsession” nor a means to commit crimes. We use them lawfully. I realize many don’t understand nor want to, but I don’t want to lose my privilege of owning and using the guns I have in a lawful manner.
    What exactly, if a may, are you hunting? And no one has said they will take your military weapons, just keep 18 -20 year olds from buying them.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

In my area mostly deer and turkeys and the occasional predators like fox or coyote.
    I don’t even own any military type weapons. But they start talking about banning one thing, then it moves to all semi-automatics like some other country’s have done. I agree with background checks and raising the age to 21. Those are things that make sense.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks.
    Probably just me - I think of all AR "type" rifles as military. Must be from remembering Viet Nam when they were the newish thing on the block for the army.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Country
    Country Flag

I don’t own any AR type guns. I do have a .223 bolt action rifle which is the same caliber as the AR-15. I personally don’t see the need for them in a hunting situation. I preach learning how to shoot and only needing one shot, not having to use a semi-auto and just throwing bullets at your target hoping one hits.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

"I was at the library, when people began throwing Stephen King novels around. I could not figure out why. Then It hit me."

mariana Z,
    Twitter

Thanks for the laugh, I needed IT.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Congrats Kris! Do you know if a recording will be made available after the conference?

I don't know for sure BUT I do have a guy filming it if anyone here would like to see it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes please, if possible !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Definitely, Kris!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

BUNNY FIGHT!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm thrilled to announce that I will be at the San Diego Comic Con. I'm on the board discussing Stephen King Collecting.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I'm thrilled to announce that I will be at the San Diego Comic Con. I'm on the board discussing Stephen King Collecting.
    Very cool, congrats
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Congrats
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 943 of 971 FirstFirst ... 443 843 893 933 941 942 943 944 945 953 ... LastLast