Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 971 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to create a catch-all thread for people to use to post random questions that may not warrant their own thread, or where one can simply post what is on their mind with regards to collecting/books/etc. It can also be used to alert people when you are going on vacation or taking a business trip (whatever) so that we don't worry about your absence. Well, I'm rambling on here, but I just thought a catch all thread might be useful and/or fun.

In my mind at the moment:

I have a big article to write which is due tomorrow and I'm only half done.

I want Bob to post his new "unique" item

Now that the traycases are here for LSOE, I wonder how soon I will see my copies in the mail.

I am working on a potential very cool acquisition that will marry a collectible I already have with another collectible that I did not even know existed until last week (HA! That's all the hint I will give you).

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Yea, I want Bob to post his unique new item, too!!!

Great idea for a thread, Wiz. A nice catch-all.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    I should have it tomorrow. Pics tomorrow or Saturday.

I'm going through some of my collection for a possible upcoming book on King. I'm not at liberty to say anymore about the book except that I have been approached about using some of my collection for illustrations to accompany the text. I was asked about photos of King. I don't really have any but I did remember this one from the January 15, 1970 issue of The Maine Campus. It is one of my all time favorites.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, here is a real shocker! I just found out 2 minutes ago that my whole team has been laid off from Credit Suisse. I find out my package in 2 more minutes.

I'll take any good will anybody wants to send me.

17 1/2 years....

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit David!

I can't believe that. I'm starting to worry about my damn job.

Are you guys going to be okay?
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Gay

:goodmind: to you David.

Gosh.

TONS OF :GOODMIND: !

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Goodmind to you David. I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope everything turns out as best as it can for you, my friend.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

David - I think you accidentally CC'd me on that email and I was just about to PM you, but now that I see you posted here I will offer my shock and sadness here. Thats terrible. Over seventeen years! Hopefully there may be room for lateral movement somewhere in your company, or at the least that your experience will help you land another job quickly. Good luck my friend!

My Mood
    Gay

Happened at my place of business, in my IT department, last week ( again ). I was spared but not by much. Tough times everywhere.

Sending nothing but positive thoughts and hopes to you, David. So very sorry.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's going to be tough. Not exactly a great environment to find a job as a research analyst. All of Wall Street is laying off thousands of people.

Times are tough.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

That is terrible new, David!.

I am so sorry to hear that. It's such a shock. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear this David. Happened to me two years ago. But don't worry things will work out.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

David, my thoughts and prayers are with you!!

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

My thoughts are with you David. Hope its only a short lay-off and you find something good soon.

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

David and everyone else- In times of need I always remember what my Mom has always told me....."All things happen for a reason......"
    Good luck with your opportunity, not your hardship.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

I'm going through some of my collection for a possible upcoming book on King. I'm not at liberty to say anymore about the book except that I have been approached about using some of my collection for illustrations to accompany the text. I was asked about photos of King. I don't really have any but I did remember this one from the January 15, 1970 issue of The Maine Campus. It is one of my all time favorites.
    Thanks for this info and picture Bob. I look forward to seeing your new item.

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Really shocked to hear that terrible news, David. My thoughts are with you.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

David, that's terrible! Lots of goodmind your way!

We are getting our bonuses this year (because they were already accrued for) but raises are off the table for the time being. Since I am a) happy to still have a job and b) way overpaid for what little I actually do, I'm keeping my mouth shut and being happy with what I have.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We have gotten 5% of our yearly salary as a bonus every year for the last 12 years...nothing this year.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

goodmind to you and your family David.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck for the near future, David. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh David, I'm really sorry to hear that!!! Hope you find something soon!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG - I hope they give you a desserving severance and this buys you the time to find Something else equally as good, if not better. I am crossing fingers and toes, tossing some salt over my shoulder, kissing the blarney stone and sending some Irish luck your way! You desserve better!

My company let 10,000 go on Dec 1st, and I hear that was Round One only. I have 23+ years and sighly heavily on Dec 1st and am now worried again. Then again I totally believe that any layoff may very well be a blessing in disguise! My glass is always half full - I hope your is too!

Take care my friend!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

Bob that is one major effin tease my friend! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wiz, sorry to hear about your misfortune, hope everything works out for you. I hope KA is putting you along a better path and we find you well down the road.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 971 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast