Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 908 of 971 FirstFirst ... 408 808 858 898 906 907 908 909 910 918 958 ... LastLast
Results 22,676 to 22,700 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

After tough months, last Friday I got two job confirmations. I felt well after a long time.

One is for a podcast about SK that Penguin Random House will run. I'll be the main guy and also the producer and writer. And the other one is that I'm now the CM for Penguin Random House for Spain and all Latam for the Stephen King channels. I've been taking care of the Spanish channel but now I'll be responsible for all the channels worldwide.

If all goes as expected, in July I'll be able to cover soccer games again for the new company I signed contract with, and with the three part-time jobs + my bookstore I'll be again at full speed.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Ari! That's great news!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Ari! What is CM?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

That's great, Ari! It sounds like exactly the type of things you want to be doing. Good for you!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I got my first Moderna shot this morning. Feeling just fine so far.
    I'm a lifelong blood donor and no antibodies have been detected in my blood since the beginning. I'm guessing that's a good thing as I've never been exposed apparently.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I got my first Moderna shot this morning. Feeling just fine so far.
    I'm a lifelong blood donor and no antibodies have been detected in my blood since the beginning. I'm guessing that's a good thing as I've never been exposed apparently.
    Type O-? Just assuming since it's the universal donor type. My sister is Type O- and has donated a lot in her life. Type O- folks tend to get COVID slightly less for some reason.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm O+ and my daughter is O-. I'm a universal recipient I believe. I rarely get sick from anything
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I'm O+ and my daughter is O-. I'm a universal recipient I believe. I rarely get sick from anything
    Type Os especially O-s are lucky in that regard. I have several in my family.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

O+ can donate to any blood type that is a +. O- can donate to all blood types. They can only receive O blood though. It is the most common blood type however, so no real worries there.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I’m O+ and rarely get sick as well.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Ari! That's great news!
    Congrats Ari! What is CM?
    That's great, Ari! It sounds like exactly the type of things you want to be doing. Good for you!
    Thanks, guys! CM is Community Manager.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    After tough months, last Friday I got two job confirmations. I felt well after a long time.

One is for a podcast about SK that Penguin Random House will run. I'll be the main guy and also the producer and writer. And the other one is that I'm now the CM for Penguin Random House for Spain and all Latam for the Stephen King channels. I've been taking care of the Spanish channel but now I'll be responsible for all the channels worldwide.

If all goes as expected, in July I'll be able to cover soccer games again for the new company I signed contract with, and with the three part-time jobs + my bookstore I'll be again at full speed.
    Congratulations 🎈

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NICE ARI!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I’m O+ and rarely get sick as well.
    Grand isn't it? I get the hate from the less fortunate though.

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic news, Ari! I'm really happy for you!
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Twitter is garbage"

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    "Twitter is garbage"

Recap? almost 2 hours is a long watch.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Social media's tendency to overstate the negative impact of problematic statements/media - which Lindsay herself has been guilty of on a regular basis - bit her in the ass when an ill-worded tweet was deemed hate speech. So now all of Twitter is a problem.

Okay, I'm exaggerating. Generally, I like what Lindsay has to say about media. I'm a fan of her channel.

But I do think she likes to point out the many ways in which media is problematic without really having any idea what, if anything, to do about it, or how much authorial intent should be taken into account. And she has become rather self-absorbed, where problems only become problems worth talking about when they happen to her.

An example of the first tendency was epitomized in her previous video talking about the history of how trans people are portrayed in film. This had the odd inclusion of films that didn't portray trans characters at all - Psycho, for example - on the grounds that they influenced the way some people viewed trans people. I agree that's an insightful observation - but says more about the people watching the film than the film itself, or the filmmakers' intent, in my opinion.

In any case, now that others have criticized her tweet based on the way they interpreted it - and not based on her intent - they are, in her mind, exaggerating harm, and now we must talk about how Twitter is rife with this troubling behavioural trait.

Which it is, don’t get me wrong. She’s absolutely right about that.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

*** Public Service Announcement for Anyone That Needs to Hear It ***

Always anchor your sex swing to a support beam, never trust the ceiling drywall.

That is all.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone for the good wishes
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    "Twitter is garbage"

Recap? almost 2 hours is a long watch.
    No kidding!
    .....also...had to google her...

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    *** Public Service Announcement for Anyone That Needs to Hear It ***

Always anchor your sex swing to a support beam, never trust the ceiling drywall.

That is all.
    Same goes for manacles.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

She has some interesting and insightful things to say about movies. She used to be the “nostalgia chick” On channel awesome, before parting ways with them and doing her own independent reviews. I think she went to film school, or journalism, I’m not sure. But her YouTube presence and subject matter dovetails with her “other” professional life in some way.

Her videos are intelligent and thoughtful, I find. But the political incorrectness of films has become more of a prominent subject in her work lately, I think. It was always there, but usually mentioned in passing. And while it isn’t the majority of her content, it is becoming more of an underlying theme.

In the recent JK Rowling debacle, she was very critical of Rowling’s statements, and rightly so. But she also came down fairly firmly on the “death of the author” side of interpreting Rawlings work. That is, that interpretations independent of Rowling’s intent are just as valid as Rowling’s own interpretation.

That’s quite ironic given the subject of this latest video, where she spends the second half responding to peoples criticism of political incorrectness in her own videos, by describing what she intended by them.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

"Mass causality situation" after shooting at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis

Multiple people with gunshot wounds after shooting at FedEx facility in Indianapolis, police say

+ Reply to Thread
Page 908 of 971 FirstFirst ... 408 808 858 898 906 907 908 909 910 918 958 ... LastLast