Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 850 of 971 FirstFirst ... 350 750 800 840 848 849 850 851 852 860 900 950 ... LastLast
Results 21,226 to 21,250 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Thank God someone especially woke and brave was here to call out Kingfan24 for praising logical thinking...
    You're welcome, Rob.

I was actually trying to get a grasp on what Nick meant by not making a "massive big deal out of it". He connected this with some other issues. Also what exactly is "it"?
    I would consider “it” to be calling just about anything racist right now. In the case of NASCAR, the media immediately jumped to the conclusion that a racist act occurred before anyone bothered to even look into it and discover the fact that there was absolutely no wrongdoing by anyone.
    Well NASCAR was the one that initially called Wallace about it. The FBI investigated and it is a bit confusing because they still refer to the rope as being fashioned into a noose but that it was not intended for Bubba. I can understand how some black folks are a bit jumpy when it comes to nooses (the song "Strange Fruit" comes to mind). If this was the way a typical pull rope looks, one would think NASCAR would have recognized it immediately. So really, if no wrong doing was done here, I kind of blame NASCAR for this more than anybody.

What this has to do with Denzel and Morgan I'm still trying to figure out.
    I've been a NASCAR fan since I was a child and I'm very proud of how far the sport as come in the recent weeks. Especially rallying around and supporting Darrell "Bubba" Wallace Jr., their only full time black driver in the Cup Series. I agree that NASCAR jumped the gun on the incident over the weekend that turned out not to be an incident at all. My hope is that is doesn't take away from or distract what they've been trying to do of late. Of course it has on some level.

Racism isn't just going to go away if the media stops reporting on it I agree. But also think we can agree that the media loves dropping napalm on forest fires. Ratings, ratings, ratings......
    The more I read about this, the more it really does seem that Bubba is a victim here. He never even got to see the noose (FBI still calls it that). But assholes on Social Media are comparing him to Jussie Smollett. NASCAR should come out an defend him against what the uninformed are saying about him right now.
    This is spot on, Tommy. It's generally people who have issues with racial characterization that refer back to the single instance where there was a cry for attention. I'm surprised said commenter isn't asking to see the body of George Floyd to prove he actually died.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The more I read about this, the more it really does seem that Bubba is a victim here. He never even got to see the noose (FBI still calls it that). But assholes on Social Media are comparing him to Jussie Smollett. NASCAR should come out and defend him against what the uninformed are saying about him right now.
    It is ashamed. YouTubers who report on the sport as well as Fox I believe are trying to educate the masses. Falling on a lot of deaf ears I'm sure.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Nice little edit here. Stand by what you post.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Nice little edit here. Stand by what you post.
    I decided to delete that post because antagonizing a member over a poor choice of language when I even partially agree with what they were trying to say is not going to help anything in this thread (unlike antagonizing your post because what you said is monumentally ignorant of the entire history of social and legal progress in America).

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

A police officer charged with assaulting Black youths has worked for 9 different police departments, collecting use-of-force incidents and complaints along the way.

Only 31 years old, worked for nine different departments, reminds me of the way the church would move priests around after finding one of them had violated children.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    With racism in America, the most basic fact is that as its impact has shrunk
    Arguably one of the most uneducated things I've ever read in my life.
    I think one beats it.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy
    The numbers show there is no police war on blacks.
    Good one. That didn't take long to top.
    https://portcitydaily.com/local-news...UnUPZVnoGzVVgM
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the correct quote is: "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle dixie?"

Nowadays the word "dixie" may be offensive to some so so perhaps you substituted "chicks and cups". Be aware that the word "chicks" in the workplace is considered a no-no.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    IN ACCORDANCE WITH NEW ORDINANCE 1984 B, THE FOLLOWING DUB WILL BE USED!

Josey Wales - "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle chicks and cups?"
    Yeah, that’s where we are headed next. Although, honestly, I had no idea the Dixie Chicks were still together.

I actually just bought lemonade from a group of kids at their stand a few houses away. Luckily they didn’t give me a Dixie cup, otherwise I would have had to give them a stern lecture. Instead, they gave me a Solo cup. Since I was their only customer at the time, and was standing there alone, I found the use of the Solo cup highly offensive

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that’s where we are headed next. Although, honestly, I had no idea the Dixie Chicks were still together.

I actually just bought lemonade from a group of kids at their stand a few houses away. Luckily they didn’t give me a Dixie cup, otherwise I would have had to give them a stern lecture. Instead, they gave me a Solo cup. Since I was their only customer at the time, and was standing there alone, I found the use of the Solo cup highly offensive

The real question is was the lemonade organic?

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

The real question is was the lemonade organic?
    No, it wasn’t even real. Crystal Light.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Crystal Light is code for cancer light. Multiple carcinogens in that stuff.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Crystal Light is code for cancer light. Multiple carcinogens in that stuff.
    And it tastes disgusting!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

NASCAR releases photo of noose in Bubba Wallace's garage stall, explains investigation that ended with no charges

NASCAR also said that a thorough investigation of every garage it hosts races at found that just 11 garage pull ropes of 1,684 searched were tied into knots. Just one was tied into a noose. That one was in the stall that Wallace occupied at Talladega. Wallace is the only Black driver who races full-time at any of NASCAR’s top levels.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

That's definitely a noose.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope.
    Doesn't have the required coils, as well as being a slip knot so that it tightens. Not good to have a garage door pull that when used tightens on your hand.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nope.
    Doesn't have the required 13 loops.
    I didn't say "hangman's noose."

Each additional coil adds friction to the knot, which makes the noose harder to pull closed or open. When Grover Cleveland was the sheriff of Erie County, he performed two hangings. Cleveland was advised by a more experienced Sheriff to grease the rope with tallow and run it through the knot a few times to ensure rapid closure with the drop. The number of coils should therefore be adjusted depending on the intended use, the type and thickness of rope, and environmental conditions such as wet or greasy rope. Six to eight loops are normal when using natural ropes. One coil makes it equivalent to the simple running knot.

The number thirteen was thought to be unlucky. Consequently, in myth, if not in actual practice, thirteen coils were found in a hangman's noose, a foreboding sign for those convicted to be hanged.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Nope.
    Doesn't have the required coils, as well as being a slip knot so that it tightens. Not good to have a garage door pull that when used tightens on your hand.
    NASCAR stated it has been in there since 2019 October? FBI proved it is not a noose at all. So it seems Bubba playing everyone for sympathy.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

None of this story makes any sense.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There can be a lengthy debate over the proper use of the word noose.
    Describe the door pull as you wish, but at this point it appears likely that whoever fashioned the rope was unlikely to intend harm, or intimidation.
    Let's face it, many people including the media jumped to conclusions.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

NASCAR releases photo of noose in Bubba Wallace's garage stall, explains investigation that ended with no charges

NASCAR also said that a thorough investigation of every garage it hosts races at found that just 11 garage pull ropes of 1,684 searched were tied into knots. Just one was tied into a noose. That one was in the stall that Wallace occupied at Talladega. Wallace is the only Black driver who races full-time at any of NASCAR’s top levels.

The picture doesn't really indicate the size of the rope. I saw one with someone standing near it and it looks to be very small, not something you could fit your head through.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

There can be a lengthy debate over the proper use of the word noose.
    Describe the door pull as you wish, but at this point it appears likely that whoever fashioned the rope was unlikely to intend harm, or intimidation.
    Let's face it, many people including the media jumped to conclusions.
    Nascar did their due diligence and the media did what they do: reported everything as fact before an investigation was even started. Instead of "an alleged noose was found in Bubba's garage, investigation opened" they went right to "hate crime committed!", etc. etc..

Country
    Country Flag

It's a door pull tied into a noose. It certainly isn't necessary for a door pull. In fact it makes for a stupid door pull.

Probably just someone who was bored and tied the rope into a noose. I've tied nooses without bad intent.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Personally, I think the FBI investigation was warranted. If I noticed a door pull fashioned in the shape of a noose - even if it wasn’t functionally a noose - uniquely in the stall of the only African-American driver, I would be concerned for the drivers safety. Particularly in the current socio-political climate.

I mean, I’m not saying I would call the FBI immediately, but I would certainly raise it to someone Responsible for security in and around those stalls.

And, personally, I think the other drivers show of support was admirable, even if the noose itself was not an indication of a actual threat.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a door pull tied into a noose. It certainly isn't necessary for a door pull. In fact it makes for a stupid door pull.

Probably just someone who was bored and tied the rope into a noose. I've tied nooses without bad intent.
    I hope your confession is past the statute of limitations.

Country
    Country Flag

I was a Boy Scout.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 850 of 971 FirstFirst ... 350 750 800 840 848 849 850 851 852 860 900 950 ... LastLast