Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 906 of 971 FirstFirst ... 406 806 856 896 904 905 906 907 908 916 956 ... LastLast
Results 22,626 to 22,650 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Beautiful photographs!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice !

A trail under snow must be both incredible and terrifying
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yesterday received my second vaccination (Pfizer). The first shot didn't hurt at all, but yesterdays shot site is pretty sore. BTAIM, happy to have it done.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Jerome !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The crow is very atmospheric!
    Following in the footsteps of Ansel Adams.
    Beautiful photographs!
    Very nice !
    Thanks everyone. Finding the trail under the snow was definitely challenging; the trick is to look ahead for fallen trees that have been cleared by cutting (flat edges), that and just lower flatter areas than the surrounding snow. It was only about a 2.5 mile roundtrip so not terrible, but definitely a good adventure and learning opportunity for the kids. My daughter (10) was a bit scared at not having a path in the big dark quiet snowy forest and kept asking to turn around and go back; I explained that we weren't in any danger, we could always just follow our footprints back to the trailhead, and that if there was real danger I wouldn't be taking her there. It's all about risk assessment and management, about thinking clearly and making good choices instead of being scared and making bad ones. Plus this is how you find the good photo opportunities, going where others don't!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    The crow is very atmospheric!
    Following in the footsteps of Ansel Adams.
    Beautiful photographs!
    Very nice !
    Thanks everyone. Finding the trail under the snow was definitely challenging; the trick is to look ahead for fallen trees that have been cleared by cutting (flat edges), that and just lower flatter areas than the surrounding snow. It was only about a 2.5 mile roundtrip so not terrible, but definitely a good adventure and learning opportunity for the kids. My daughter (10) was a bit scared at not having a path in the big dark quiet snowy forest and kept asking to turn around and go back; I explained that we weren't in any danger, we could always just follow our footprints back to the trailhead, and that if there was real danger I wouldn't be taking her there. It's all about risk assessment and management, about thinking clearly and making good choices instead of being scared and making bad ones. Plus this is how you find the good photo opportunities, going where others don't!
    Plus, Flagg was watching over you
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Plus, Flagg was watching over you
    That was actually the very first picture I took on the day, not even 30 seconds in from where we parked and started the hike to the trailhead. So yeah, good omen! Well, I think so anyway; the canyon didn't quite try to kill us.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I was.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Plus this is how you find the good photo opportunities, going where others don't!
    Agreed. That's what we did a few years back in Iceland. There a lot of tourists at the main places ( a lot of them getting there in buses with limited time out of them), but if you went just a little bit further there were no one

Country
    Country Flag

Anybody here has a million just lying around?

The house next door will soon go for sale.
    It used to be from a nice older couple, which are fine but have been away for months. They have a secondary home, but given the current situation (and they had some health issue the past year), they are not here anymore.
    It's a nice 3 story home. Nice garden. With an artist atelier. My wife and I are often admiring it from our window, so it's literally next door and we love the quiet neighboorhood.

I was told by their daughter that they're getting this week an estimate on the house, but I doubt it will be less than 600-800 maybe even 1M given that the house literally next door (touching our flat) sold for 800k a couple of years ago.
    Way out of our league :-(

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry you can't afford it. I live in a house that I wouldn't be able to buy in today's market.
    I could move away, but never come back.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that's our worry.

We LOVE where we live.
    In an appartment (50m²) on garages, no real neighboors. Meaning there is a guy in a flat next to us (separated by a nice flowery balcony) and a house next to us. THat's it. It's not like a building with shared flats.
    In a nice little alley. With a lot of trees, and a nice balcony. It's so quiet it's very nice.
    But it's getting a bit tight in place, even with one of the garages used for storage. And renting is a waste of money.
    We were considering asking the landlord if he would consider selling to us, but we heard in the past that he'd probably not be interested. Plus we're getting a bit tight and want to move for bigger.

I guess that we'll have to look for somewhere else, probably further from Paris given the prices of the area.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Yeah !

Starting another month of lockdown.
    Exactly one year after starting the first lockdown.
    A year spent literally just working working working, being lockdowned, curfewed, and working some more.

Oh, and that means that my 2 weeks off planned at the end of april are obviously going to be spent at home

\o/
    And another one.
    The french president just announced that he is extending the current "lockdown" to the entire country. Up until now it was only in 19 counties.
    It's not a real / strict lockdown, as we are allowed to go out up to 10km (so perfect for doing some sports), but that means we can't really get to another county.

So that confirmed : given that it's for another month, my holidays will (again) be at home

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Trying to contact a member here, Willie3. (Karl Stansell).
    I have all his details, email, mobile number.
    However there is no response over the last three days.
    Can anybody reassure me that all is well with him. Just a little concerned.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thank you, someone has messaged me and since then I have made contact.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

and I thought we book collectors paid silly prices:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/super...000001095.html
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Hello from Fire Island, New York (home until October). My seventh year living on this island for the spring/summer. Really amazing to be here, but also a bit backwards.

For instance there are no cars here. No street lights late at night. We have no roads, just boardwalk. All mail goes to a Post Office but not delivered to your home. The only way to get to the island is via ferry that is not 24 hours a day. It's a solid beach community. It can be complicated living within a National Park, at times.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

Silly me. I opened up my copy to play it
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Thinking I could get used to a little Fire Island time.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

I've never understood collectors.

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post

Hello from Fire Island, New York (home until October). My seventh year living on this island for the spring/summer. Really amazing to be here, but also a bit backwards.

For instance there are no cars here. No street lights late at night. We have no roads, just boardwalk. All mail goes to a Post Office but not delivered to your home. The only way to get to the island is via ferry that is not 24 hours a day. It's a solid beach community. It can be complicated living within a National Park, at times.
    Oh, man talk about memories. 40 some odd years ago I had my honeymoon on Fire Island!! One of the top ten beaches in the world!!! Have a blast, my friend!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Oh, man talk about memories. 40 some odd years ago I had my honeymoon on Fire Island!! One of the top ten beaches in the world!!! Have a blast, my friend!!
    No way! That's incredible. I can only imagine what it was like back then if even now we have shitty wifi, bad cell phone service, and a bad rain will knock out cable for a few days.

I come once a winter just to make sure the house is okay and I always feel like STORM OF THE CENTURY could take place here. There's maybe 7 people in my community in the winter so it's quite eerie.

Because of COVID, more people lived here in the winter because of how remote it is. I'd say it went from 7 winter residents to about 60

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Anybody here has a million just lying around?

The house next door will soon go for sale.
    It used to be from a nice older couple, which are fine but have been away for months. They have a secondary home, but given the current situation (and they had some health issue the past year), they are not here anymore.
    It's a nice 3 story home. Nice garden. With an artist atelier. My wife and I are often admiring it from our window, so it's literally next door and we love the quiet neighboorhood.

I was told by their daughter that they're getting this week an estimate on the house, but I doubt it will be less than 600-800 maybe even 1M given that the house literally next door (touching our flat) sold for 800k a couple of years ago.
    Way out of our league :-(
    The landlords seems to have gotten a first estimate : 1.6M LOL
    Definitely out of my league

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Who needs a second kidney or lung if you can have that house instead?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 906 of 971 FirstFirst ... 406 806 856 896 904 905 906 907 908 916 956 ... LastLast