Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 846 of 972 FirstFirst ... 346 746 796 836 844 845 846 847 848 856 896 946 ... LastLast
Results 21,126 to 21,150 of 24288

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Thanks for the posting that, Tommy. I'll just say this and leave the rest of the smarter folks in the room. I feel black owned business do get destroyed along with the big name ones. As far as looting; a need and a want are two completely different things.
    I deleted my post not knowing Brian had made this comment so I will simply just put the video back up. I can't remember my comment word-for-word but my intention is not to troll, I'd like to hear what folks have to say about what she said...NSFW

Also, I'm sorry but slavery occurred 200 years ago. None of the protesters now were ever kept as property or in chains. George Floyd was murdered by a bad cop, he was arrested and is being prosecuted. End of story.
    End of story.

Says the white man.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    You're not a racist, you're just stupid.

Not that it's going to change your entrenched, absurd mind, but let me break it down for you. The people burned out of Tulsa lost any chance to pass down any sort of upward mobility to the next generation - so they always had to start from scratch.

If you got one nickel from your mommy and daddy, you did better than anybody burned out of their houses and businesses in Tulsa. They couldn't earn Social Security for being maids and butlers, the black soldiers in WWII couldn't get the GI Bill, couldn't work in city government, couldn't get a mortgage, couldn't get a business loan, and couldn't have the same chance of upward struggle.

It's ALL a struggle for everybody, but when 80 percent of the population spends their days keeping their boots on the necks of 13 percent of the population, that makes the 80 percent of people scumbags. That makes people who rationalize and defend them scumbags. That makes twisting yourself in a pretzel to justify it all into you being a scumbag.

The reason white people don't riot is because the riot already happened from 1880-1925 - when the Klan, the government, and good honest, God-fearing white folk made sure their black neighbors couldn't get a fair fucking shake. That was shitty then. Rationalizing to avoid seeing that is shitty now.

You're crying about the Houston Astros cheating in a baseball game, and then rationalizing how 13 percent of the American population got cheated out of fair play for 200 fucking years. Are you a clown or are you a man?

100 years ago!! And what we owe a hand out for that tragedy? Minorities have more opportunities today than they have ever had. Still, they sit around looking for a handout and blaming everyone but themselves for their plight. And I didn't get shit from my parents because they didn't have shit. I grew up in, Brentwood, L.I, in New York state. I went to college on a scholarship which I fucking well earned.

And here we are discussing economic equality on a forum full of guys that pay 3, 4 or 5 digits for a fucking book with imported paper, exotic animal skinned bindings and who knows what else!!! lol Hey, let's distribute the wealth. We'll start with YOU!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Thanks for the posting that, Tommy. I'll just say this and leave the rest of the smarter folks in the room. I feel black owned business do get destroyed along with the big name ones. As far as looting; a need and a want are two completely different things.
    I deleted my post not knowing Brian had made this comment so I will simply just put the video back up. I can't remember my comment word-for-word but my intention is not to troll, I'd like to hear what folks have to say about what she said...NSFW

Rosewood occurred in 1919
    Tulsa likewise in 1921

Both over 100 yrs ago.

She's right on one account, blacks were captured by whites in Africa and brought here as slaves. They were also sold to whites by their own warlords who exercised the time honored traditions of the "Have & Have nots". She furthermore claims that "Wealthy Blacks" are among those against the protests.

You'll all jump all over my case and call me a racist and what not, but the fact is this shit is really not a "race" thing and hasn't been since the dawn of history. Somewhere in our history a caveman who went out and hunted and secured food for his family got banged over the head by another caveman who took that food for his own family. This is about the "Have's & the Have nots" and has been going on since the dawn of civilization regardless of race, creed, color or religion (Let's just shorten this to "Race").

To be sure "Race" has been utilized by the "have's" in history to secure their position, but traditionally once the balance has shifted or the "boiling point" reached there was revolution and the ruling class (Have's) are replaced by the "Have Nots". Now what do the new "Have's" traditionally do with their new found power? Why immediately create new "have nots" in order to secure their new found wealth. A recent example can be found in South Africa, which employed Apartheid. That was over thrown and now the ruling class is black and the white population is impoverished. It's in our DNA as HUMAN BEINGS regardless of Race to amass what we can for ourselves and prevent others from taking it. It's a myth that a lot of left wingers think that over throw of the ruling class is going to change anything meaningfully. Were that to occur there would simply be new "Trump's" and new right wingers. Hell, a damn good portion of the so called left wingers are made up of the richest people in America. Pelosi, Kennedy, Gates, Buffet, King, Clinton, etc. Those Washington Democrats are just playing off the impoverished by pretending to care. You don't see those folks "Sharing the wealth" any more than their accountants suggest for tax purposes. It's easy to talk a great game, but quite another to actually play it that way.

Also, I'm sorry but slavery occurred 200 years ago. None of the protesters now were ever kept as property or in chains. George Floyd was murdered by a bad cop, he was arrested and is being prosecuted. End of story. How many police officers have been shot by black criminals? In most cases they too are arrested and prosecuted. The Police do not immediately begin protesting and looting to make their point or start a movement called "Blue Lives Matter". The Black community is raising a cause over a handful of cases out of hundreds of thousands of cases where the law was properly applied. Hell, even the cases cited all resulted in prosecutions (check me on that but I think at least half have). Just because YOU don't like the outcome does not justify violence and protests. And lets not forget the media which is profit driven and only realizes those profits when it can exploit a situation and create hysteria.

The woman in the video cites "sharing the wealth" as a solution to Black suffering. Let me give an example which refutes that. In the 30/40's Germans began herding up Jews and Gypsies for eventual slave labor and/or systematic termination. The world went to war with them and eventually won. The remaining German hierarchy were largely caught and punished for their crimes and the matter was resolved. Did the world community now owe the Jewish race a living going forward? Was the Jewish race totally happy with the eventual outcome of the war and the way their oppressors were treated? No they were'nt but they didn't protect and loot. The world community owed the Jews their sympathies for the atrocities and suffering they endured, but we went to war on their behalf to end it and the case was closed. There have been numerous similar cases over the course of history such as this though perhaps not as egregious.

As I said before, this kind of thing has been going on and off since the dawn of Man and likely will keep going on. We do it to ourselves as part of our makeup as a race. The HUMAN race. Now undoubtably there will be an outcry on the forum calling me all sorts and form of Racist. Well, know this. First off I grew up white in a predominantly black and Latino neighborhood. Most of my friends were and are Black or Latino. I have worked for and have had work for me many Black and Latino people. Not only did I grow up in that kind of neighborhood, but I made my career in arguably the highest concentration and mixture of race, culture, creed and religion in the country, New York City. Something I'm sure very few of you on this forum can even relate to in your own circumstances. If I were a racist there is no way I could have succeeded much less come out alive. To this day I prefer to judge a man/woman face to face and on quality of character. And, if any one of you thinks you live in a glass house go ahead and throw some stones. Each and every one of us, by the current standards, has been or is a racist or uttered a racist remark (including the Black community) or had a racist thought at one time or another. If you say you haven't then you're lying to yourself. Black, Latino, Irish, German, Italian etc. etc. One of the things NYC is famous for (and many large cities) Chinatown, Mulberry Street, Hell's Kitchen, Harlem, etc. We all tend to stick to our kind and vilify those that are not. Then we proceed to rate within our own ethnicity. It's funny, but maybe John Travolta summed it all up in "Saturday Night Fever" when he said (and I paraphrase) The Italians dump on the blacks and the blacks dump on the Puerto Ricans and the Puerto Ricans dump on the Dominicans and so on and so on. Somebody is always dumping on another. It's human nature,
    Bill you do realize this sounds racist though right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    You're not a racist, you're just stupid.

Not that it's going to change your entrenched, absurd mind, but let me break it down for you. The people burned out of Tulsa lost any chance to pass down any sort of upward mobility to the next generation - so they always had to start from scratch.

If you got one nickel from your mommy and daddy, you did better than anybody burned out of their houses and businesses in Tulsa. They couldn't earn Social Security for being maids and butlers, the black soldiers in WWII couldn't get the GI Bill, couldn't work in city government, couldn't get a mortgage, couldn't get a business loan, and couldn't have the same chance of upward struggle.

It's ALL a struggle for everybody, but when 80 percent of the population spends their days keeping their boots on the necks of 13 percent of the population, that makes the 80 percent of people scumbags. That makes people who rationalize and defend them scumbags. That makes twisting yourself in a pretzel to justify it all into you being a scumbag.

The reason white people don't riot is because the riot already happened from 1880-1925 - when the Klan, the government, and good honest, God-fearing white folk made sure their black neighbors couldn't get a fair fucking shake. That was shitty then. Rationalizing to avoid seeing that is shitty now.

You're crying about the Houston Astros cheating in a baseball game, and then rationalizing how 13 percent of the American population got cheated out of fair play for 200 fucking years. Are you a clown or are you a man?

100 years ago!! And what we owe a hand out for that tragedy? Minorities have more opportunities today than they have ever had. Still, they sit around looking for a handout and blaming everyone but themselves for their plight. And I didn't get shit from my parents because they didn't have shit. I grew up in, Brentwood, L.I, in New York state. I went to college on a scholarship which I fucking well earned.

And here we are discussing economic equality on a forum full of guys that pay 3, 4 or 5 digits for a fucking book with imported paper, exotic animal skinned bindings and who knows what else!!! lol Hey, let's distribute the wealth. We'll start with YOU!!!
    Wow. Rants of a racist.

Rather than continue to engage, I think I've said all I will on this because when someone just doesn't get it, they never will.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill, "How can you be so obtuse?... Is it deliberate?"
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, it is admirable how everyone is now aware and discussing intrinsic racism. I wonder what it will take to get a similar movement against the intrinsic sexism women face everyday.

Yes, guys, look in the mirror.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Well, it is admirable how everyone is now aware and discussing intrinsic racism. I wonder what it will take to get a similar movement against the intrinsic sexism women face everyday.

1000000000%. Spot on.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

For the human species to have any chance of survival, we need to learn how to love and respect all humans.

One of the best ways to show love and respect is while having a disagreement with a fellow human you shut your mouth and actively listen before responding and when you respond you do so with kindness or at the very least with civility.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Exactly, empathy is key for progress for all races, genders, orientations, origins, etc.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Wasn’t that the MeToo movement of a year or two ago??

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That was about sexual harassment and assault at work mostly. I mean the everyday sexism most men, in their stunted development towards women, engage in. Let's look at this forum.

Are pictures of bouncing breasts funny? No. Groping toys? No. Sexual innuendo? No. I think the stupidest thing I've read recently (and hey, I don't remember where it was or I would call it out by name) was some drivel about women and Timothee Chalet or however it's spelled. And imagine my shock when I first came here and discovered that a book forum, mostly, had a porno thread posted by some sicko degrading and demeaning women. No, I don't look at it now I know what it is, but it's very existence is pathetic and just WRONG.

That is just a superficial look at the daily sexism. Most males don't even think that stuff is sexist or they just...don't...care.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll agree with Bill on one point, because he's spot on:
    "As I said before, this kind of thing has been going on and off since the dawn of Man and likely will keep going on. We do it to ourselves as part of our makeup as a race. The HUMAN race.
    I've been to, lived, and worked in an lot of countries, seen a lot of things, and I can tell you firsthand that the U.S. doesn't hold a candle to some other places for everything being discussed right now in our nation. It falls flat-on average with many, is worse than some, is better than others.

The only solution is a Star Trek society, but that kind of enlightenment isn't going to happen because that's not how the human race is built, it's not in our psychology. Sure would be nice, but there will always be a religion, color, political belief, desire, have/have-not, or a thousand other things that folks will find to have a reason to hate somebody and try to control them. All the protesting in the world isn't going to change that, because the change has to be in the world itself.

Peace and love.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    (...)All the protesting in the world isn't going to change that, because the change has to be in the world itself.

Peace and love.
    Peace and love are incredible catalysts for change.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Are pictures of bouncing breasts funny?.... And imagine my shock when I first came here and discovered that a book forum, mostly, had a porno thread posted by some sicko degrading and demeaning women. No, I don't look at it now I know what it is, but it's very existence is pathetic and just WRONG.

That is just a superficial look at the daily sexism. Most males don't even think that stuff is sexist or they just...don't...care.
    First off, PG-13 images of women and their bouncing breasts isn't porno. Secondly, for adults, the question of whether pornography in general is degrading to women (or men) is extremely complex, and often very partisan.
    May I suggest you read this article. Does pornography demean women

You may not agree with the article, but it does present coherent thoughts on the issue.

By the way, it's nice to converse with you. I am the "sicko" who posted the thread which as labeled discusses rumors, and innuendos about the old website and includes images of bouncing boobs

Regards,

RF

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OOOOH the bouncing boobies thread. Porno? BWAHAHAHAHA

Country
    Country Flag

The sicko posts in some thread he calls art or nude art. Thinking "Bouncing boobies" is funny just plain immature. Justification written by some guy? BWAHAHAHA

But, hey I obviously hit nerve.

Wow, my first and unnamed bad rep. And sooo funny I forgot to laugh. Now I know I'm right.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That thread has existed since 2011 and just now you're offended? It's an easy enough fix ... don't click on it; the choice to view any thread is entirely up to you. Or, if you're that offended, leave the website; the choice is entirely yours. Attacking the website owner over his preferred content though is in pretty poor taste.

If everyone everywhere listened to everything that someone is offended by, you'd never be able to say or write anything. Lurker's Avatar? It obviously glorifies violence and mindless killing and is a primary cause behind school shootings in the US. I'm offended, Lurker needs to change it immediately, he/she should be ashamed of himself/herself. Politics? I'm offended by anything you think or agree with, it should be removed. Religion and God? Ludicrous idea, I'm offended, and you should be ashamed ... this is 2020 AD not BC, there's obviously no god, take it down. BOMC editions are just as valuable? Gotta be kidding me, I'm offended at your ignorance, take it down. And all I have to do is raise my voice loud enough and say harsh words demeaning somebody and I expect to be paid attention to and complied with? Well then hey, I'm Trump! Wait, that's offensive, take it down.

Here's a photo from the front page of CNN right now; it obviously shows a woman being demeaned, standing there half-naked; should we write the editor expressing our outrage and demand that it be removed?

As I said in a post further up, there will always be "a thousand other things that folks will find to have a reason to hate somebody and try to control them." Congratulations, you have yours.

Again, Peace and Love. If that's not too offensive.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

The sicko posts in some thread he calls art or nude art. Thinking "Bouncing boobies" is funny just plain immature. Justification written by some guy? BWAHAHAHA

Wow, my first and unnamed bad rep. And sooo funny I forgot to laugh. Now I know I'm right.
    You’re referring to https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...highlight=NSFW.

It is art. Art is subjective and there is plenty I don’t like or understand or even find offensive. But it’s still art and I will NOT call for it to be removed.

And no, the neg rep doesn’t make you right. Your opinion is your opinion and people will agree or disagree.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've never given anyone bad rep and if I did, it wouldn't be anonymous.

Also I don't like boobies so I don't read that thread. But do a thread with gay midget porn and I'm there!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

You’re referring to https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...highlight=NSFW.

It is art. Art is subjective and there is plenty I don’t like or understand or even find offensive. But it’s still art and I will NOT call for it to be removed.

And no, the neg rep doesn’t make you right. Your opinion is your opinion and people will agree or disagree.
    I always found Terry's work very tasteful.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I've never given anyone bad rep and if I did, it wouldn't be anonymous.

Also I don't like boobies so I don't read that thread. But do a thread with gay midget porn and I'm there!
    Little people, Clay, little people.....
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. George.

Nice to know you knew when the smut thread started. I did not join until late 2011; don't remember exactly when discovered the thread. But I was new and seriously, as now, in the minority. And as I wrote earlier, I don't click on the thread now knowing what it is. I have tho through the years squawked about things that were just too much. And today I mentioned the porno thread as an example of sexism. Jerome is entitled to what ever he wants on his forum, including having it associated with porn. Nor did I attack Jerome. Why in the world he would assume he was the "sicko" I can't explain - ask him.

Great - you know who the Doom guy is. The rest of that paragraph? GEEZ. I cannot even get my head around it enough to comment on.

Thanks for trolling around looking for a sexist picture. You nailed it!

And "... there will always be "a thousand other things that folks will find to have a reason to hate somebody and try to control them." Congratulations, you have yours."
    What did I say about hate or control? Never mind, I don't really care. Your defensive response to my calling out the porno thread as sexist is mystifying. And no peace and love in that post. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Joe, call it art if you want. And I'm Queen Elizabeth. It is still sexist.
    And at no time did I ever state or imply the thread should be shut down or archived.
    I was right in that I hit a nerve. Bad rep for calling a pornographer a sicko I can live with.

But I will admit, I am a bit surprised at the attacks just because I pointed out some things here that are sexist. Oh well, took the heat off Merlin.

OK. Done with this.

Mic drop.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you George. You summed things up perfectly. I am so tired of certain people suddenly being offended by things that happened decades ago. The Woke culture is just over the top. I read an article yesterday about the next group of movies that need to go away because they are offensive... Forrest Gump, because it’s offensive to protesters. Psycho, because they explicitly say that Norman Bates is not a transvestite! Just completely ridiculous.

If we can be upset about something happening right now, that’s great. That’s how things should work. Jimmy Kimmel shouldn’t be taking a summer vacation now because he had offensive skits 20 years ago.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

History is not there for you to like or dislike. It is there for you to learn from it. If it offends you, even better because then you are less likely to repeat it. It is not yours or anyone's to erase. It belongs to everyone.

I hate watching the news because when I do the media portrays rioters as peaceful protestors and then hypocritically bash the Republicans for having a rally. Seeing so many things from the past considered as racist is something else. I again read some idiots tore down not only a George Washington statue, but also a Ulysses S Grant one. Yes there are some bad cops out there, yes there needs to be reform, but the way it is reported it makes it sound like every single cop is evil and they clearly are not. I'm not going to sit here and keyboard warrior people. I know what I believe in, and I don't talk about it like so many sheeple on Facebook. I just hope that if it continues to get worse, I have the courage to defend myself and the people I hold dear.
    It sickens me that a virus, which I firmly believe through the information out there, is not very deadly at all is as the media pushes it like it's ebola Zaire as the far left undermines the current Republican regime. I am tired of politicians pushing their agenda and not working together for the common good of the people, to protect the ones that can get more then sick from this. The stats are out there. The virus kills people with low immune systems and morbidly obese people which ironically are over 1/3 of the US population when it comes to obese people. For the record, I work with a lot of people, know a lot of people, and know of one person that has allegedly gotten covid. I have voted both Dem and Rep based upon whom I felt was the best candidate for the US and whomever wins this next election, people in the US still won't unite for the common good. I honestly sit here and don't know what to do and it saddens me the way people think and act.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    The virus kills people with low immune systems and morbidly obese people which ironically are over 1/3 of the US population when it comes to obese people. For the record, I work with a lot of people, know a lot of people, and know of one person that has allegedly gotten covid. .
    So by your own "analysis," 1/3rd of the population is 125 million people that would be at the highest risk. According to your own statement.

But you "know a lot of people" so your conclusion is that Covid's not a big deal.

You're a very smart person. You're absolutely someone with a valid, well-constructed, intelligent opinion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 846 of 972 FirstFirst ... 346 746 796 836 844 845 846 847 848 856 896 946 ... LastLast