Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 823 of 971 FirstFirst ... 323 723 773 813 821 822 823 824 825 833 873 923 ... LastLast
Results 20,551 to 20,575 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    My uncle and my dad used to get gout, my uncle much more often.
    They were both heavy drinkers.
    Their feet swelled up like sausages and it was painful.
    After a day or three it went away and they went back to drinking as usual until the next time. Neither of them ever learned until the inevitable end.
    I’m not a heavy drinker though.., maybe a dozen or so beers on a Saturday
    Gout's a bitch. I get it once in a while, usually in my right big toe.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gout/symptoms-causes/
    THAT IS JUST where mine is.. Right big toe. I am really depressed about it. I have to stop eating my foods I like and no more beer? Well... thats a tough one. Do you drink?

You should be prescribed a prophylactic to take daily to reduce Uric acid in your system. I take Allopurinol and it's quite effective at preventing outbreaks.
    It is not super painful and my first time. They gave me a pill to take for 3 times a day (10 days total). And said see how that goes... I am going to lay off some beers for a bit and tone down my meat. I EAT A LOT of meat. Everyday.

I drink quite a bit of beer. Beer alone doesn't cause the problem for me, since I only get it about once a year. I do drink a lot of water too though. I have water with me at all times.

I think it's the rich food on top of the beer that puts it over the edge for me. A few years back, a local restaurant had a Dungeness crab special; a whole Dungeness crab with parsley potatoes for $12. I was eating it 6~7 times a week, lunch and dinner, and thinking about it the rest of the time, for three weeks. Then I got the worst case of gout ever. It hurt terribly and affected my left big toe as well. I still wanted the crab though.

So you might want to ease up on the richer meats. (I know they are tastier.)

If it becomes a regular thing, the medication route might be best.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    My uncle and my dad used to get gout, my uncle much more often.
    They were both heavy drinkers.
    Their feet swelled up like sausages and it was painful.
    After a day or three it went away and they went back to drinking as usual until the next time. Neither of them ever learned until the inevitable end.
    I’m not a heavy drinker though.., maybe a dozen or so beers on a Saturday
    Gout's a bitch. I get it once in a while, usually in my right big toe.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gout/symptoms-causes/
    THAT IS JUST where mine is.. Right big toe. I am really depressed about it. I have to stop eating my foods I like and no more beer? Well... thats a tough one. Do you drink?

You should be prescribed a prophylactic to take daily to reduce Uric acid in your system. I take Allopurinol and it's quite effective at preventing outbreaks.
    It is not super painful and my first time. They gave me a pill to take for 3 times a day (10 days total). And said see how that goes... I am going to lay off some beers for a bit and tone down my meat. I EAT A LOT of meat. Everyday.

I drink quite a bit of beer. Beer alone doesn't cause the problem for me, since I only get it about once a year. I do drink a lot of water too though. I have water with me at all times.

I think it's the rich food on top of the beer that puts it over the edge for me. A few years back, a local restaurant had a Dungeness crab special; a whole Dungeness crab with parsley potatoes for $12. I was eating it 6~7 times a week, lunch and dinner, and thinking about it the rest of the time, for three weeks. Then I got the worst case of gout ever. It hurt terribly and affected my left big toe as well. I still wanted the crab though.

So you might want to ease up on the richer meats. (I know they are tastier.)

If it becomes a regular thing, the medication route might be best.
    Thanks man. They have me on this one for 10 days. I will be watching my diet more...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, Jerome what a bunch of health amateur's, eh? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Random comment:

It's too bad that Face Dances and It's Hard aren't really considered good albums, because Entwistle is a beast on them.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My wife makes me take a Fish Oil capsule every night, drives me crazy. That's about it for now.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    My wife makes me take a Fish Oil capsule every night, drives me crazy. That's about it for now.
    My wife packs my wounds twice a day. For that I am grateful. That's about it for now.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My wife packs my wounds twice a day. For that I am grateful. That's about it for now.
    My wife does my INR blood testing. That's about it for now.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got nothing. For now.......
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

My random comment for the day: I am a huge thrash/death metal fan but man, I loooooove Albatross (Fleetwood Mac). Such a sweet little track.

Stay healthy, everyone.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    My random comment for the day: I am a huge thrash/death metal fan but man, I loooooove Albatross (Fleetwood Mac). Such a sweet little track.

Stay healthy, everyone.
    I'll have to check that out.

What about 'Oh Well, Part One' the instrumental part?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Had to dial in to a customer telecon this morning. Woke up with a little sniffle and a bit of a sore throat, so my voice sounded hoarse on the call. Team lead texted me separately, "Do you think we need to report this in the SITREP or hold off?"

Yeah, by all means, the Colonel needs to know I have the sniffles.

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Had to dial in to a customer telecon this morning. Woke up with a little sniffle and a bit of a sore throat, so my voice sounded hoarse on the call. Team lead texted me separately, "Do you think we need to report this in the SITREP or hold off?"

It’s crazy how you need to hide it. I’ve had a cold for the past month that is refusing to go away. I have to have water by my side during conference calls so that I can try to stifle a cough.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post

It’s crazy how you need to hide it. I’ve had a cold for the past month that is refusing to go away. I have to have water by my side during conference calls so that I can try to stifle a cough.
    Then again, you could be carriers and infecting others. I'm not one to get crazy with this thing, but the wife is a nurse and happened to be looking over my shoulder. She insisted I post and advise you guys to get yourselves tested. Happy, dear?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post

Then again, you could be carriers and infecting others. I'm not one to get crazy with this thing, but the wife is a nurse and happened to be looking over my shoulder. She insisted I post and advise you guys to get yourselves tested. Happy, dear?
    Tell your wife thanks for the advice, but I don’t show any true symptoms. It’s a cough and nothing else.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey folks!!! Something you might find interesting and helpful a stimulus check calculator. I got it from my accountant. Hope it is of some help to you folks.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

To my knowledge covid 19 cannot be transferred via a teleconference or video conference. If you are working from home your employer, boss, fellow employee has no business questioning commenting suggesting medical your condition. HIPPA laws are still in effect.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Way to play along and not get in trouble Bill, but my wife's an ER doc and told me, "Shut up, here's the tissues, go downstairs." so she wins. I'm in week three of not having been past my mailbox, so risk is low.

To my knowledge covid 19 cannot be transferred via a teleconference or video conference. If you are working from home your employer, boss, fellow employee has no business questioning commenting suggesting medical your condition. HIPPA laws are still in effect.
    Contractor working in a military environment, so a bit different from the norm. The Wing is tracking every single person with symptoms, and if you or anyone in your family come up as even a maybe you're on the watch list. This is a necessity based on what we do from a national security perspective compared to many other jobs. Hey, if they want to report my sniffles they're more than welcome to; I can just see his face and imagine his response if they do.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

George, I would never, ever suggest anything that fly's in the face of your wife's or an ER Doc's diagnosis. However, just for the record and because I am proud of her, my wife was an ER nurse at Roosevelt Hospital in NYC for 7 years and has been a nurse now for 40+ years. Again, I'm not arguing in any way. You do exactly what your wide says. After all she is "on scene". I was just saying is all.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

GODDAMIT BILL YOU SON OF A ...
    Just kidding, love you man. My wife can't do half the stuff the nurses do and she knows it. But she hasn't steered me wrong yet, so I guess I'll keep her and have to listen to her. Then again, if I kick off from this thing she gets all the dough so maybe there's an ulterior motive.

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish it were that easy to get tested. In many states you have to be in the hospital to get a test

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Every day I wake up to this crazy world and only hear next few weeks it will get appreciably worse. My town leaders are even saying now NOT to bring mail/packages into the house but leave them in garage and them scrub them a day later. I'm getting pressure from my family to limit my activities even more than I have already. This is some SERIOUS crap going on....CT has 4th most cases per capita after New York, New Jersey and Louisiana. I took this seriously before....but what we seem to be looking at....

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dont forget that many countries are on lockdown
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Dont forget that many countries are on lockdown
    Germany lockdown:
    My personal interactions this week:
    A 30 second conversation with my postman... from a distance
    and a 3 minute conversation in my lottery shop with the shop owner.
    I was shopping too, but I paid by card ... so no contact with the employees I know ...
    While walking in the neighborhood... alone .... I have not met anyone I know ...

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

*My town leaders are even saying now NOT to bring mail/packages into the house but leave them in garage and them scrub them a day later.
    Time for virus surviving on surfaces and packages and such is still not definitively known. I know it was found on one of the cruise ships after 14 days, but don't believe it was fully viable at that time (I don't have the reference). If you wanted to be fully stringent you'd have to sequester packages in a quarantine zone in the house/garage for 14+ days and clean them besides. Waiting a single day is likely ineffective, and if you bring a package in and just put it in the hall or the garage or storage room or something then you've only possibly transferred anything on the package to those surfaces.

No easy answer. Would be much easier if the stuff glowed bright purple or was on fire all the time or something, so that you could see it. That would be much more entertaining too.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

*My town leaders are even saying now NOT to bring mail/packages into the house but leave them in garage and them scrub them a day later.
    Time for virus surviving on surfaces and packages and such is still not definitively known. I know it was found on one of the cruise ships after 14 days, but don't believe it was fully viable at that time (I don't have the reference). If you wanted to be fully stringent you'd have to sequester packages in a quarantine zone in the house/garage for 14+ days and clean them besides. Waiting a single day is likely ineffective, and if you bring a package in and just put it in the hall or the garage or storage room or something then you've only possibly transferred anything on the package to those surfaces.

No easy answer. Would be much easier if the stuff glowed bright purple or was on fire all the time or something, so that you could see it. That would be much more entertaining too.
    Based on the preliminary paper showing a 24-hour persistence on cardboard (and under laboratory conditions, also, which will likely inflate viability), our procedure for the last several weeks has been to Lysol the outside of the packages before opening, open them in our "transition zone" (the hall and only door we enter and leave when going to public spaces), and wipe down any contents that can be reasonable wiped down. We don't know how long the virus can last for sure on different surfaces, but we do know that the standard cleaning solutions are very effective at eliminating it.

I believe that the report you're referencing about the persistence on cruise ships is this one - the CDC's MMWR from the last week of March (https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/...cid=mm6912e3_w) - which found COVID-19 RNA on cruise ships up to 17 days later. However, viral RNA is more akin to virus fingerprints - left everywhere, and not very indicative of the current presence of viable virus - and I would be profoundly surprised for any coronavirus to last that long in a viable, infectious state.

As I have mentioned before, we are definitely among the most careful households and have been doing this for longer than any official shelter-in-place orders have been in place, so I'm pretty confident that we've found a solution that works for us. We have taken some other steps to reduce the amount of mail coming in, such as only placing Amazon Prime orders at most once-per-week, and to have them packaged in as few boxes as possible.

THAT SAID, I support anyone being as cautious as they need to! Nothing critical in your mail? Leave it in the garage for two weeks - what's the harm! I think the balance (or I should say, part of our balance) is trying to feel at least a little normal, and stuff like opening the mail is part of that. Especially when we are still getting books! Suntup, Centipede, and Sub Press are small oases in the COVID-19 desert for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 823 of 971 FirstFirst ... 323 723 773 813 821 822 823 824 825 833 873 923 ... LastLast