Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 852 of 971 FirstFirst ... 352 752 802 842 850 851 852 853 854 862 902 952 ... LastLast
Results 21,276 to 21,300 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Well, King is not the actual reason behind the closing of the forums
    How do you know? It’s his site, run by his people. If you got some info share brother. I was totally guessing as to why
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As of july 1st, Marsha retired.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeap. Marsha retired yesterday and there was no interest in keeping the MB alive.

Jordan, Marsha and King left goodbye messages. Here's King:

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Just a random comment - I never heard of the Stephen King Forums.

Where oh where have I been all my life!?
    Gosh those have been around FOREVER! I was never on them but I think Marsha confirmed a few signatures for me before. Those were the days.

Time really has passed so quick... darn.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. I'm gonna miss her. She was really great with me and helped me with several things these last years. It won't be the same.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

VINDICATION!!!!!!! My kids have been chiding me for buying DVD/Blu-Ray disc's of my favorite films for some time now. The refrain goes that I should "get with the digital age and buy just the streaming versions" that I traditionally give them my codes for. Well, "AppleTV" had so sort of hiccup with my son's account and he is now fighting with them; trying to recover a dozen or so titles that simply vanished from his digital library. While I'm not celebrating his possible loss, I am enjoying the "I told ya so" moment!! lol

On this subject. Is there a way yet to "copy" physical discs to the digital environment? Like to an "Apple TV Library" or such?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

How do you know? It’s his site, run by his people. If you got some info share brother. I was totally guessing as to why

As of june 1st, Marsha retired.
    Well, good for her. She was a legend on those forums, giving some great advance info of forthcoming King books and events. Sad to see her go and the forums shut down, but I’m glad it’s for a happy reason.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I bought a DVD coded only for European use and maybe I took it to a computer store and had them copy it unto another disc and maybe it then played on my PC but not on my Blu-ray player.
    So maybe stuff like that is possible.

Pure speculation, of course!
    Hypothetically speaking, a DVD burner would give you DVDs at that point, don't think Blu-Ray is possible at all...
    I had once heard (from a guy in a pub) that painting the inside rim of a DVD with TipEx would stop the DVD player reading the encryption code...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I bought a DVD coded only for European use and maybe I took it to a computer store and had them copy it unto another disc and maybe it then played on my PC but not on my Blu-ray player.
    So maybe stuff like that is possible.

Pure speculation, of course!
    I use an external bluray player that seem to be reading area1 disc
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't officially amend to an Apple TV library, but it's a straightforward thing to rip DVDs into digital files. There are several software products out there to do it. I like the venerable RipIt tool since it's so easy to use. It makes an image of the complete DVD including special features. Still works with my MacBook's installed DVD player software...the player just reads files on the computer rather than needing to read off the disc. I like ripping my discs to digital files to play on airplanes and in other spots where streaming is difficult. Not that I'm traveling anywhere lately.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

This came up on my Youtube suggestions. I think it might be time to go....

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

As of june 1st, Marsha retired.
    Well, good for her. She was a legend on those forums, giving some great advance info of forthcoming King books and events. Sad to see her go and the forums shut down, but I’m glad it’s for a happy reason.
    Does Marsha's retirement have any impact on the rest of the stephenking.com website?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think will have some sort of an official web presence, but what that is remains to be seen.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    VINDICATION!!!!!!! My kids have been chiding me for buying DVD/Blu-Ray disc's of my favorite films for some time now. The refrain goes that I should "get with the digital age and buy just the streaming versions" that I traditionally give them my codes for. Well, "AppleTV" had so sort of hiccup with my son's account and he is now fighting with them; trying to recover a dozen or so titles that simply vanished from his digital library. While I'm not celebrating his possible loss, I am enjoying the "I told ya so" moment!! lol

On this subject. Is there a way yet to "copy" physical discs to the digital environment? Like to an "Apple TV Library" or such?
    ripping Blurays is entirely possible. check out this software.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just sipping an IPA and reading a book while enjoying the view and weather on the Pacific Coast. 69 degrees, 3 mph breeze.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

ripping Blurays is entirely possible. check out this software.
    Check out Plex (plex.tv) for streaming your own digital files. And Handbrake for converting rips and Mkv files to more manageable sizes. Blu ray rips can be 40gb. Handbrake can bring those down to 4-6gb.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Just sipping an IPA and reading a book while enjoying the view and weather on the Pacific Coast. 69 degrees, 3 mph breeze.

Beautiful pic, Jerome. See California is good for something!

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Is the primary reason Oregon exists to make Cali seem centrist? Asking for a friend.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oregon exists for brewpubs, strip-clubs, and people who like rain.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

I know (I think), and miss, that beach

Would kill to just walk along the shore with my feet in the water right now...

Last year was a bit of a reprieve but we are in the throes of a typical 90+ degree Midwest summer.

Country
    Country Flag

Just realised that the "Mr babadook" popup book that I bought back in 2016 have significantly increased in value : copies on ebays are above 400$ !
    I believe that it Ari pointed out to me to the popup crowdfunding campaign after complaining that there was no book made out of it

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Just realised that the "Mr babadook" popup book that I bought back in 2016 have significantly increased in value : copies on ebays are above 400$ !
    I believe that it Ari pointed out to me to the popup crowdfunding campaign after complaining that there was no book made out of it

I will forever kick myself for not jumping on that when I had the chance. I love the movie too. They ended up doing another run, so hopefully they'll do it a 3rd time

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Happy 4th of July to all, and Happy Independence Day to the United States of America.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sold mine for $470 one year ago
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I just finished watching all 3 NAKED GUN movies (again), and realize a lot of younger people wouldn't even understand half the jokes now. Even though I lived through those times some of the references even went over my head. I forgot Weird Al was in every one of them, and even Julie Strain appeared for a few moments (with a whip, of course). Nevertheless, I laughed out loud a lot.
    I've always thought the appeal of the Naked Gun or Airplane movies was that the jokes in them were timeless. They didn't really rely on current fads like a lot of the newer parody movies do.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 852 of 971 FirstFirst ... 352 752 802 842 850 851 852 853 854 862 902 952 ... LastLast