Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 851 of 971 FirstFirst ... 351 751 801 841 849 850 851 852 853 861 901 951 ... LastLast
Results 21,251 to 21,275 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    ... So it seems Bubba playing everyone for sympathy.
    This is a mischaracterization. NASCAR informed Bubba of the issue, not the other way around.

Here’s one of many news stories stating that.
    https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nasc...m1ugxiat5k4wzu
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am REALLY annoyed. I was considering spending a lot of money for a book. Actually more than I have ever spend on a book, and the price of a good holiday.
    I've been very polite and considerate to the seller but have asked him pictures in order to judge the quality. The book is not flawless (which he admits), but given the price range, I was expecting to be able to be able to get myself an opinion of the book.

I do not know if this is because he knows that I am overseas (he originally asked if he could text me the pictures) but the seller is not really willing to send me additional pictures.
    "I don’t have additional pictures."

This is bullshit. The only pictures he sent me were quite small and of not very good quality, with a weird angle and lightning.
    I am now in no way comfortable with that seller that do not want to make any effort. Which is quite annoying as I was VERY interested in this book which I have been thinking about for quite a few weeks / months now.

Has anyone ever encountered some sellers that do not seem really interested in selling?
    (I guess that a particularly name will probably appear in answer )
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

If you want to provide the sellers name, or have a link to the book, I could always reach out and ask for pictures too.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe in a few days. But then, he'd think they're may be several people interested and the chances to negociate the price down will decrease.
    On another side : I would like to buy "now" because the exchange rate is low, but at the moment no courrier can guarantee an hand delivery. So there is a delivery risk
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I am REALLY annoyed. I was considering spending a lot of money for a book. Actually more than I have ever spend on a book, and the price of a good holiday.
    I've been very polite and considerate to the seller but have asked him pictures in order to judge the quality. The book is not flawless (which he admits), but given the price range, I was expecting to be able to be able to get myself an opinion of the book.

I do not know if this is because he knows that I am overseas (he originally asked if he could text me the pictures) but the seller is not really willing to send me additional pictures.

This is bullshit. The only pictures he sent me were quite small and of not very good quality, with a weird angle and lightning.
    I am now in no way comfortable with that seller that do not want to make any effort. Which is quite annoying as I was VERY interested in this book which I have been thinking about for quite a few weeks / months now.

Has anyone ever encountered some sellers that do not seem really interested in selling?
    whenever someone won't send photos, I always have the inclination that they've got something to hide. And as much as I'd want the item, the risk is very high. Almost as high as the frustration. haha

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Maybe in a few days. But then, he'd think they're may be several people interested and the chances to negociate the price down will decrease.
    On another side : I would like to buy "now" because the exchange rate is low, but at the moment no courrier can guarantee an hand delivery. So there is a delivery risk
    Is it a US seller? Does he accept returns?
    If so you can buy and ship to a member here for inspection. I can help you if you want to go that route

Country
    Country Flag

I think that, for something worth a lot of money, someone would make an effort to provide decent pictures, otherwise something is not right.
    No matter for how long someone has been selling books, nor their ratings.
    The only reason for not being able to provide pictures, IMO, would be because they dont have easy access to to it. But then, you can politely decline and say you'd get back to the potential buyer.

As for putting someone in the middle. I think that it brings some more risk and issues if something was to get lost.

But then, maybe it's the universe telling me that I shouldnt be stupid and spend that much money on a book.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I had the same issue recently.

One of those book dealer types who have been selling for so long they feel their word is good as gold....and who are you to question him?!

When I asked for additional photos...he replied "I'd rather not".

Probably the same guy......
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

It's Enrico Palazzo!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I recently watched the Police Squad episodes. Not quite as funny as The Naked Gun, but a great intro to the movies.

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

I never knew there was such a high percentage of old people in Care Homes. Just think many of us will be dumped in one by our little wonders, and our collections sold off in garage sales. Don't you love them!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Yup, I watched those before I watched the movies, after buying the Blu-ray DVD, also very funny. Some of the jokes from the series were used in the movies. Weird thing is, I remember laughing the hardest at the 3rd movie when I saw it at the theater, but watching all 3 in a row I found the first 2 funnier, although the 3rd certainly has its moments.
    I was lucky to meet a few from the cast at a special screening years ago as a fundraiser for David Zucker. Got a cast signed photo, and Leslie Nielsen inscribed his book. OJ was busy though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

That's fantastic.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice willybusmc has a spectacular aura about willybusmc has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey everyone! Long time lurker, and I’ve posted here and there a few times. Anywho, I have some news that I can’t share with many people in my real life but am too excited to not tell anyone, so I figured this would be a good enough place to share.

My wife is pregnant! This is my first kid and we’re both so excited! Sorry if this derails the thread or doesn’t belong but I’ve been bursting to tell people. It’s too soon to tell the majority of our family members but I just had to share with someone!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

CONGRATS to you and your wife!!! Parenting is the BEST, most rewarding job I've ever had in my life...one of the hardest too, but absolutely worthwhile! CONGRATS!!!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice willybusmc has a spectacular aura about willybusmc has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    CONGRATS to you and your wife!!! Parenting is the BEST, most rewarding job I've ever had in my life...one of the hardest too, but absolutely worthwhile! CONGRATS!!!
    Thank you! We’ve both wanted this for quite a while and are absolutely thrilled!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats! As David said, it's like nothing else you have experienced. Nothing one can say would make justice to the moment you see your son/daughter for the 1st time. It changes EVERYTHING.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Congrats! As David said, it's like nothing else you have experienced. Nothing one can say would make justice to the moment you see your son/daughter for the 1st time. It changes EVERYTHING.
    I can only imagine. The things I felt when my wife told me the news... I can’t even comprehend what it will be like to hold my child for the first time. Thanks for the congrats, Ari!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to you and your wife, Willy!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't figure out what the character says at 2:47:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P43PvM5a8Is

Anyone could help? THanks!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I can't figure out what the character says at 2:47:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P43PvM5a8Is

Anyone could help? THanks!
    Ben, Susan's in there! Run!

NO!

Ironicaly the CC works, but it didn't print that line.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just seen that the Stephen King Forums are shutting down and Mrs Mod will be archiving them. Another signal that King is done with the public life. Hopefully the books at least keep coming....

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Well, King is not the actual reason behind the closing of the forums

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, King is not the actual reason behind the closing of the forums
    How do you know? It’s his site, run by his people. If you got some info share brother. I was totally guessing as to why

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 851 of 971 FirstFirst ... 351 751 801 841 849 850 851 852 853 861 901 951 ... LastLast