+ Reply to Thread
Page 804 of 855 FirstFirst ... 304 704 754 794 802 803 804 805 806 814 854 ... LastLast
Results 20,076 to 20,100 of 21360

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

  1. #20076
    Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,787
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Thanks a lot !
    Wasnt the NIGHT SHIFT by PS from 2017?
    The King signed one was November 2018.

  2. #20077
    Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    - 2018 - Misery, by Suntup : how many ilustrations by Rick Berry?
    From Suntupís website:

    All three oversized editions measure 7.5Ē x 10.5Ē, and feature eight new full-color illustrations by Rick Berry.
    Note that Dave Christensen also contributed some black-and-white illustrations (five, if I remember correctly).

  3. #20078
    Servant of Gan allasorte is a jewel in the rough allasorte is a jewel in the rough allasorte is a jewel in the rough allasorte's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    1,859
    My Mood
    Confused
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Have had a hard time getting on the site from my laptop. Not sure what the issue was. Deleting browser history, cookies, etc. did not alleviate the problem. Getting on the site on my phone was fine. Weird
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

  4. #20079
    Gunslinger herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    10,836
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    - 2018 - Misery, by Suntup : how many ilustrations by Rick Berry?
    From Suntupís website:

    All three oversized editions measure 7.5Ē x 10.5Ē, and feature eight new full-color illustrations by Rick Berry.
    Note that Dave Christensen also contributed some black-and-white illustrations (five, if I remember correctly).
    That's the only book of the list I actually have, and I counted 8 full color illustrations 6 b&w.
    Can anybody help with the other?

    THanks a lot !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter
    ------------------------------------------------

  5. #20080
    Gunslinger herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    10,836
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    That would make the most sense. If he is confused why you cancelled the order, heíll get back in touch with you right away. Then it canall be sorted out. Good luck!
    That is if he gets notifications of reimbursement given that his email bounce back.
    Last weekend I refunded one of the two orders, but he never contacted me.

    Oh well, that's the fairer option
    That still baffles me :

    - In June, a guy orders from my french website, with an order process in french, a promotional set of "Rose Red" (VHS, TV Guide and Book) : he passed 3 times the same order and paid via paypal. I reimbursed him the 2 wrong orders and asked him to pay additional shipping as he chose the shipping for France. While he lives in Greenville, SC
    I tried several times to email him, but it was returned to me as undelivered as the email doesnt exist
    So I refunded him, hoping he would contact me back

    - In august, he once replied : "When is coming"
    I replied to him, but ne never did after that. And the email were bouncing back.

    - In September, he didnt contact me back. But... ordered it once again. Same thing : trying to contact him, doesnt work. I refund him and move on with my life.


    - Today, guess what he did? Purchased it one more time from my website. His 2 emails are still bouncing back.... wtf?
    It seems that he really wants that item. But in that case, why giving me wrong emails?
    Something is so odd...


    In his latest order, there seem to be a phone number. Google seems to confirm that the number is from Greenville... but it's going to cost me a fortune to call the USA
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter
    ------------------------------------------------

  6. #20081
    Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    2,567
    My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    That would make the most sense. If he is confused why you cancelled the order, heíll get back in touch with you right away. Then it canall be sorted out. Good luck!
    That is if he gets notifications of reimbursement given that his email bounce back.
    Last weekend I refunded one of the two orders, but he never contacted me.

    Oh well, that's the fairer option
    That still baffles me :

    - In June, a guy orders from my french website, with an order process in french, a promotional set of "Rose Red" (VHS, TV Guide and Book) : he passed 3 times the same order and paid via paypal. I reimbursed him the 2 wrong orders and asked him to pay additional shipping as he chose the shipping for France. While he lives in Greenville, SC
    I tried several times to email him, but it was returned to me as undelivered as the email doesnt exist
    So I refunded him, hoping he would contact me back

    - In august, he once replied : "When is coming"
    I replied to him, but ne never did after that. And the email were bouncing back.

    - In September, he didnt contact me back. But... ordered it once again. Same thing : trying to contact him, doesnt work. I refund him and move on with my life.


    - Today, guess what he did? Purchased it one more time from my website. His 2 emails are still bouncing back.... wtf?
    It seems that he really wants that item. But in that case, why giving me wrong emails?
    Something is so odd...


    In his latest order, there seem to be a phone number. Google seems to confirm that the number is from Greenville... but it's going to cost me a fortune to call the USA
    Try a Google voice number. You can sign up for a free one in the US and all calls US are free. You can then just use your cell to call from that number with the Google voice app

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  7. #20082
    Manni Folken ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,728
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Just in case anyone is interested (and I'll bet money no one is), but to clear up a conversation I heard on the radio about the decade's best this and that, the decade is not over until 2020 ends. I guess none of the speakers did that well in school in math class.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

    And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

  8. #20083
    Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Anyone here ever play Typing of the Dead: Overkill? It's basically House of the Dead but you type words instead of shoot at the zombies (it's awesome)

    I just made a custom Stephen King dictionary for the game that includes tons of phrases/names/quotes/etc from various SK novels:

    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1953633076

  9. #20084
    Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Out spending, Br!an's 1st & last mos security deposit for proposed rental space.
    Posts
    30,882
    My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    WOW!!! Don Imus of "Imus in the Morning" WFAN & "w-NNNnn-bc" 660 on your AM dial has passed away!!! Man, I grew up with that guy and the 660 line-up. The Night Angel, Wolfman Jack, Imus and a few other classic DJ's!!! For you younger folks back then if you were a "DJ" you were on the radio!!! lol He and the others paved the way for future "Shock Jocks" like Howard Stern and Opie & Anthony. He had the drive time slot in the afternoon in NYC and later became a classic for his "Imus in the Morning show on WFAN in NYC. Imus and a few others were the guys that ushered in FM radio!!! When, Imus was spinning disc's they were vinyl and in the beginning, ".45's" not LP's!!!! lol lol

    Shit, I'm getting old!!!!!!!!

  10. #20085
    Demon of the Prim shaq is just really nice shaq is just really nice shaq is just really nice shaq is just really nice shaq is just really nice shaq's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,027
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Just in case anyone is interested (and I'll bet money no one is), but to clear up a conversation I heard on the radio about the decade's best this and that, the decade is not over until 2020 ends. I guess none of the speakers did that well in school in math class.
    This made me laugh, googled your comments and came up with this as my top results....

    https://mashable.com/article/why-201...s/?europe=true

    Not calling you an asshole, just made me laugh.

    Bill, horrible when a well known celbrity/institution passes. You almost feel as if you have known them by association.

  11. #20086
    Demon of the Prim shaq is just really nice shaq is just really nice shaq is just really nice shaq is just really nice shaq is just really nice shaq's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,027
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Oh and one last gripe from me for this decade.
    .
    .

    Can we get back to real paper for signature sheets please.. i would take anything signed by king, but got to admit, shiny paper is not my thing. Feels like a poster has been signed.

    Rant over and out, happy new decade all.

  12. #20087
    Manni Folken ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,728
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    As long as you laugh, I am happy!

    A message to the dearly departed Greg Lake (of King Crimson and Emerson, Lake & Palmer fame, two great bands), who I am sure is up in Heaven reading these posts; a choir and an orchestra, although made up of many parts, are singular entities, and therefore, the correct lyrics would be "the choir softly sings", and "the orchestra begins". This bugged the heck out of me 50 years ago and it still does today. Am I really nuts or what? I just finished listening to In the Court of the Crimson King about ten times from the new anniversary set, one of my all time favorite songs, and I had to put those mental s's in every time he sang those words. Yup, I'm nuts, all right!

    EDIT - Oh yeah, by the way - you still have one more year to make gripes for this decade!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

    And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

  13. #20088
    Big Coffin Hunter Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    9,294
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    As long as you laugh, I am happy!

    A message to the dearly departed Greg Lake (of King Crimson and Emerson, Lake & Palmer fame, two great bands), who I am sure is up in Heaven reading these posts; a choir and an orchestra, although made up of many parts, are singular entities, and therefore, the correct lyrics would be "the choir softly sings", and "the orchestra begins". This bugged the heck out of me 50 years ago and it still does today. Am I really nuts or what? I just finished listening to In the Court of the Crimson King about ten times from the new anniversary set, one of my all time favorite songs, and I had to put those mental s's in every time he sang those words. Yup, I'm nuts, all right!

    EDIT - Oh yeah, by the way - you still have one more year to make gripes for this decade!
    "Iím goddamned Luke Skywalker. Except with far better books."-Jeffingoff

  14. #20089
    Demon of the Prim shaq is just really nice shaq is just really nice shaq is just really nice shaq is just really nice shaq is just really nice shaq's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,027
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Lol!!!

    😁😁

  15. #20090
    Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,787
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    There is no such thing as Legos. It is Lego.

  16. #20091
    Demon of the Prim shaq is just really nice shaq is just really nice shaq is just really nice shaq is just really nice shaq is just really nice shaq's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,027
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Oh i do love a good veet for men review on amazon in the morning

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3GDDEL1SC1QQ5

  17. #20092
    Gunslinger herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    10,836
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Happy new year !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter
    ------------------------------------------------

  18. #20093
    Big Coffin Hunter Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    9,294
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Happy New Year, gang!
    "Iím goddamned Luke Skywalker. Except with far better books."-Jeffingoff

  19. #20094
    Big Coffin Hunter Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    9,294
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    There is no such thing as Legos. It is Lego.
    Pesky pop culture.
    "Iím goddamned Luke Skywalker. Except with far better books."-Jeffingoff

  20. #20095
    Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Out spending, Br!an's 1st & last mos security deposit for proposed rental space.
    Posts
    30,882
    My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Say good bye to a Yankee legend..........................................


    The only man to achieve perfection when it most mattered. It will never be equaled.


    https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/don...dies-at-age-90

  21. #20096
    One of The Few The Proud CRinVA is a splendid one to behold CRinVA is a splendid one to behold CRinVA is a splendid one to behold CRinVA is a splendid one to behold CRinVA is a splendid one to behold CRinVA is a splendid one to behold CRinVA is a splendid one to behold CRinVA's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,487
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    10/8/1956

    27 Batters - 27 Outs!


    By the way, just got contacted by the wife of my high school best friend. We lost track of each other for about three decades but managed to reunite due to Facebook a few years ago. We try to see each other when we go home for a visit or when he and his wife travel to DC to see some of their family.

    Well his wife called me and asked if I was interested in going to any Spring Training Games - specifically two games at Steinbrenner Field in March. It's a surprise birthday present from my friend from his wife so that he can check something off his bucket list! He is flying from Upstate NY to Tampa with a layover in Wash, DC, where I will board. We have tickets to BOS @ NYY and a day later for PHI @ NYY. Looking forward to the games and connecting with my friend. This will be my third visit to NY Yankee Spring Training! WooHoo!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

    Spoiler:
    I canít remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddieís widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.Ē


    Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

  22. #20097
    Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Out spending, Br!an's 1st & last mos security deposit for proposed rental space.
    Posts
    30,882
    My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    10/8/1956

    27 Batters - 27 Outs!


    By the way, just got contacted by the wife of my high school best friend. We lost track of each other for about three decades but managed to reunite due to Facebook a few years ago. We try to see each other when we go home for a visit or when he and his wife travel to DC to see some of their family.

    Well his wife called me and asked if I was interested in going to any Spring Training Games - specifically two games at Steinbrenner Field in March. It's a surprise birthday present from my friend from his wife so that he can check something off his bucket list! He is flying from Upstate NY to Tampa with a layover in Wash, DC, where I will board. We have tickets to BOS @ NYY and a day later for PHI @ NYY. Looking forward to the games and connecting with my friend. This will be my third visit to NY Yankee Spring Training! WooHoo!

    Very cool indeed, Bob!! You lucky bastard!!! lol

  23. #20098
    Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    east tennessee
    Posts
    1,029
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Congratulations to the Tennessee Titans....... The end to Brady & Belichick?.....

  24. #20099
    Big Coffin Hunter Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    9,294
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post
    Congratulations to the Tennessee Titans....... The end to Brady & Belichick?.....
    One can only hope. Go Saints!
    "Iím goddamned Luke Skywalker. Except with far better books."-Jeffingoff

  25. #20100
    Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    east tennessee
    Posts
    1,029
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post
    Congratulations to the Tennessee Titans....... The end to Brady & Belichick?.....
    One can only hope. Go Saints!
    It was a fun game to watch, I was pulling for the Saints, sorry for your loss.......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 804 of 855 FirstFirst ... 304 704 754 794 802 803 804 805 806 814 854 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts