Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 827 of 972 FirstFirst ... 327 727 777 817 825 826 827 828 829 837 877 927 ... LastLast
Results 20,651 to 20,675 of 24289

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Why don't you read, watch stuff and work on projects you felt you never had to time to do?
    These things definitely help. I started edits on a new book that I didn't think I'd have time to get to until this summer and having something to focus on while I'm home from work has really helped the restlessness.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    What's to stop you from taking your Side by Side out? Would it be on public/park property, or private property?
    They are saying to stay off the trails as it promotes socializing.. which I do not get Stuck inside 24/7 is hard man... very hard on someone like me...
    Really, Kris? Gimmee a break, man. You know you have to enter your own logic and thought process's to the mix. The media has great motive to keep hyping the living shit out of this thing. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting you throw a party or laugh in the face of caution, but honestly, you riding a dirt bike or whatever on wooded trails, avoiding social contact is going to put you or anyone else at risk? My grandson and I are holed up and virus free and we go tooling around the neighborhood (sometimes walking the dog) just to get out. We see lots of our neighbors out doing similar activities, walking the dog, running, fast walking or riding a bike (motorized or not) and no one gets within 12 feet of one another. We acknowledge each other with a wave or a "How ya do" and I guaranty nobody is getting anyone sick or at risk. Just getting some fresh air and a change of scenery. My wife is a nurse and pretty strict about the proper behavior and for once I listen to her intently!! LOL Fuck what some media guy is telling you as he/she sits in the confort of their home reading what the "media relations dept." puts in front of them. Solid, reasonable caution and logic and common sense should prevail. You're an intelligent guy. Don't let the media hype bully you when common sense is logical and makes good solid sens, right, my man? Or am I absolutely wrong, crazy and absolutely "at risk"?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Kris! Fuck the law. What's a measly $1,000 fine? /s
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Yeah, Kris! Fuck the law. What's a measly $1,000 fine? /s
    I can’t afford to waste money on that... it’s bad here. And getting worse.

So bad , in fact.. that people are starting to think conspiracy theory shit and talking about it all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I tell you, if I didn't get out for a walk with the dogs daily I would have killed people by now...
    Surly you are allowed to get some exercise??

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    I tell you, if I didn't get out for a walk with the dogs daily I would have killed people by now...
    Yep. BUT... can only walk in around your home. Only walk with who you live with. Cannot use any trails and only side walks. If you meet another walker, you must give them a wide 2 meter+ birth. It’s brutal... and they hand out (and have a LOT SO FAR) $1000 fines per person.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Yep. BUT... can only walk in around your home. Only walk with who you live with. Cannot use any trails and only side walks. If you meet another walker, you must give them a wide 2 meter+ birth. It’s brutal... and they hand out (and have a LOT SO FAR) $1000 fines per person.
    I suppose I'm lucky I live near the beach and estuary but people are still facing fines for group gatherings...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Why don't you read, watch stuff and work on projects you felt you never had to time to do?
    These things definitely help. I started edits on a new book that I didn't think I'd have time to get to until this summer and having something to focus on while I'm home from work has really helped the restlessness.
    I know !
    I have so many projects I want to work on, but work has been crazier than usual since the coronavirus, to reduce the impact on our revenues, so I actually have less time than usual...
    I WISH i had more spare time to be honnest...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    What's to stop you from taking your Side by Side out? Would it be on public/park property, or private property?
    They are saying to stay off the trails as it promotes socializing.. which I do not get Stuck inside 24/7 is hard man... very hard on someone like me...
    Really, Kris? Gimmee a break, man. You know you have to enter your own logic and thought process's to the mix. The media has great motive to keep hyping the living shit out of this thing. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting you throw a party or laugh in the face of caution, but honestly, you riding a dirt bike or whatever on wooded trails, avoiding social contact is going to put you or anyone else at risk? My grandson and I are holed up and virus free and we go tooling around the neighborhood (sometimes walking the dog) just to get out. We see lots of our neighbors out doing similar activities, walking the dog, running, fast walking or riding a bike (motorized or not) and no one gets within 12 feet of one another. We acknowledge each other with a wave or a "How ya do" and I guaranty nobody is getting anyone sick or at risk. Just getting some fresh air and a change of scenery. My wife is a nurse and pretty strict about the proper behavior and for once I listen to her intently!! LOL Fuck what some media guy is telling you as he/she sits in the confort of their home reading what the "media relations dept." puts in front of them. Solid, reasonable caution and logic and common sense should prevail. You're an intelligent guy. Don't let the media hype bully you when common sense is logical and makes good solid sens, right, my man? Or am I absolutely wrong, crazy and absolutely "at risk"?
    Bill,

Help me understand your comments "The media has great motive to keep hyping the living shit out of this thing" and "Fuck what some media guy is telling you as he/she sits in the comfort of their home reading what the 'media relations dept.' puts in front of them." I don't know what you are implying with those statements. Thanks,

John

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

If the biggest problem you're facing is boredom ... please, just stop. Seriously, have enough tact to stop talking. There are people out there who are literally risking their lives to keep civilization going and to contain this outbreak. Cashiers getting exposed (for very little money) so you can eat (and have TP!), first responders, cops, bus drivers, sanitation workers, hospital workers, nursing home workers, support workers (that'd be me) etc.

You are safe. You are alive.

It could be a lot worse. You could be pleading for help for days and then die:
    https://gizmodo.com/elderly-covid-19...-wi-1842774391

My relationship with my Dad and some of my friends will never be the same after this. Endangering others because you're bored is reason enough to sever ties. It's no different from drunk driving.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I personnally believe that anybody could stay at home as much as possible. A few weeks inside, going outside once a week for doing a shopping, is not going to kill you.
    We are in 2020 and there are plenty entertainement. Books, movies, music, internet. Pretty much access to everything.

But then we both know we disagree on a lot of things.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Before this thread devolves, I want to remind everyone that these are tense stressful times for most everyone. As such people can be more sensitive to criticism, and also to opinions that they differ with.
    Not everyone agrees 100% with the restrictions placed upon them, and restrictions vary literally not only between states/provinces, but even town to town. Most seem prudent to me, but some are downright draconian.
    This thread is for all of our members.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess its a matter of perspective. Being prior military (26 years), I've been in quite a few situations where area confinement, limitations on movement, interaction with people, availability of supplies, not seeing family, etc. were the norm. Honestly this is no big deal or stress at all, as I'm home with family, in a house, sleeping in a bed, hot food, running water, showers, cable TV, internet, full communications, and nobody looking to kill me just because. As a bonus I don't have to fight the daily idiot traffic but can instead telework from home.

For me this is a pretty good gig.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Country
    Country Flag

I personnally believe that anybody could stay at home as much as possible. A few weeks inside, going outside once a week for doing a shopping, is not going to kill you.
    We are in 2020 and there are plenty entertainement. Books, movies, music, internet. Pretty much access to everything.

But then we both know we disagree on a lot of things.
    Agreed. I didn’t go. Yes I’m sad... but it’s for the greater good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Before this thread devolves, I want to remind everyone that these are tense stressful times for most everyone. As such people can be more sensitive to criticism, and also to opinions that they differ with.
    Not everyone agrees 100% with the restrictions placed upon them, and restrictions vary literally not only between states/provinces, but even town to town. Most seem prudent to me, but some are downright draconian.
    I'm personally sick of hearing/reading about it and wish further discussion of it would stay in its thread (which I'm not subscribed to).
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Here is my random comment for the day which should be in a movie thread, but that is my radical nature!
    I watched SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW last night in Blu-Ray. This is the 3rd time I've seen this move, 1st at the theater, 2nd on regular DVD.
    It has a perfect two word ending.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Here is my random comment for the day which should be in a movie thread, but that is my radical nature!
    I watched SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW last night in Blu-Ray. This is the 3rd time I've seen this move, 1st at the theater, 2nd on regular DVD.
    Which is?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The End

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Ralph is a very long time, knowledgeable King collector and one of the very longtime members of the TheDarkTower community. Also he’s an all-around good guy, in my opinion. Like Bob before him, Ralph’s departure is a loss for us all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Bill,

Help me understand your comments "The media has great motive to keep hyping the living shit out of this thing" and "Fuck what some media guy is telling you as he/she sits in the comfort of their home reading what the 'media relations dept.' puts in front of them." I don't know what you are implying with those statements. Thanks,

John
    I really did not mean to spark a Covid-10 discussion here. I was responding just to, Kris's post and admit I was not aware that such (IMO ridiculous) strict restrictions were in place in his area. So, Kris my bad I apologize. i also do not and did not intend for this thread to become derailed so, Johnny007 if it bothers you that much I'll be happy to expand upon my comments via PM, but not here. I also admit and apologize for slipping into a bit of a rant that as RF indicated may have been rooted in the overall stress of staying inside and the constant barrage of "Corona Virus News: All day, All the Time".

So my apologies, lets get this thread back to it's Random roots!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

As time allows...I am finally updating my spreadsheet of personal SK books owned (i'm guessing because I'm slow and busy it will take me another month to complete...it has been about 5 years since I did it last....I have multiple new additions to add and a few deletions...Bob Jackson sent me his spreadsheet maybe 10 years ago and even back then I was FLOORED by the extent of his collection (let alone the detail).

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just noticed I'm closing in on my 5,000th post....I know there are plenty with WAY more than me, but I'm thinking back to years and years ago when I got started here....

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Make the 5000th post something special. Maybe a 360° video of your collection for us mere mortals.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Make the 5000th post something special. Maybe a 360° video of your collection for us mere mortals.
    Or the porn blackmail video...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Which is?
    Spoiler:
    [Polly turns and uses her last picture to snap a shot of Sky Captain instead of the pods falling to Earth]
    Joseph Sullivan: Polly... you...
    Polly Perkins: You don't have to say anything.
    Joseph Sullivan: Lens cap.
    [Polly stares in shock as the screen fades to black for ending credits]
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Kroger says it will deliver for $9.95 extra, so I spent two hours last night setting up an account and a password, scrolling through hundreds of food items, adding things here and there to my cart, finding out most of what I wanted was out of stock or not available, with the site going down every five minutes. I finished up this morning, taking another hour, finally finishing up, hit SEND, only to find they won't deliver to my address.

There is a Kroger store three miles away from me.

Next stop - WalMart!

At least it kept me busy.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 827 of 972 FirstFirst ... 327 727 777 817 825 826 827 828 829 837 877 927 ... LastLast