Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 372 of 971 FirstFirst ... 272 322 362 370 371 372 373 374 382 422 472 872 ... LastLast
Results 9,276 to 9,300 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Many of you know that I was trained as a biologist (MSc/PhD). Some of you also know that I slowly but steadily moved away from doing research, mostly because of poor job opportunities in my field. At 38-going-on-39 years old, I now have a desk job at a funding agency for scientific research.

Over the past couple of years I developed a great interest in health and nutrition. This week - inspired by an extremely bold decision of a friend of my wife (they're colleagues at a large chemical/biotech company) to quit her job and start medical school at the age of 38(!) - I decided to 'make a change' as well. If all goes as planned, I will be enrolling in a preparatory year for a degree in osteopathy (I will continue working at my current job). If I decide to continue after the prep year I'll have six more years to go before receiving the degree. I am very excited!

It's very much possible that 'life' will get in the way eventually, but at least I will know I've made an effort to pursue something I feel passionate about! And if I succeed I'll be able to start my own practice at age 45/46 and work on improving the quality of life of other people for at least 20-25 more years.

Sorry for this very long and perhaps a little too personal of a post, but I wanted to get it off my chest I'm really looking forward to seeing how far I can take this.

Thank you for 'listening'
    Good luck in pursueing your new goal !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Off to Pride Park later - the home of Derby County Football Club (soccer for the Americans) to watch the first game of the season, not sure whether to be excited or depressed.
    One thing to note though the game today is one of several celebratory matches to celebrate 125 years of the football league, of which Derby County are one of the founding members!

And good luck Michaël

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Best of luck, Michaël!

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Cool cover to the Sunday New York Times Magazine.

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In the story, I remember it mentioned Naomi has health issues I but don't remember if it said what those are. Any ideas?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post
    In the story, I remember it mentioned Naomi has health issues I but don't remember if it said what those are. Any ideas?
    Not sure. I briefly scanned the article online the other day. Something about being born without enough adrenaline. It didn't name the disease but adrenal insufficiency is called Addison's Disease. If that is what it is it should be treatable with hormone replacement therapy. Shouldn't confine her to a wheel chair. Must be something else. I need to read the article more thoroughly.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Cool cover to the Sunday New York Times Magazine.

Just came back from grabbing a couple copies of NYT at nearby Starbucks... & when.made sure magazine was inside was surprised to see what looked like an all King section.

Tabitha is not looking too healthy either, IMO.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm tracking Tim Lebbon's progress on Iron Man UK. He just finished the 180 km bike ride and is starting the marathon. Completely bonkers...but makes me consider it for 2015.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Best of luck (and congratulations!) on your new pursuit, Michaël!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Very much appreciated, guys. It's not going to be a free and easy ride (first hurdle is getting admitted to the preparatory year, although I more than qualify - it may be I'm simply too late considering it starts in September). But the coming years should prove to be an interesting experience!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I love that cover image.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Very much appreciated, guys. It's not going to be a free and easy ride (first hurdle is getting admitted to the preparatory year, although I more than qualify - it may be I'm simply too late considering it starts in September). But the coming years should prove to be an interesting experience!
    Very bold move Michaël and one that takes a lot of courage - way to go mate, bravo !!!
    We all float down here!

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    It is never easy to lose the ones we know and care about however I always suggest one celebrate the life, hold to the great memories of times shared as they live on. Peace to you and yours and any friends and family.
    Big ditto on this one.

Big hugs and best vibes going to you and your family Scoogs.
    Christine

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got back from 10 days with my in-laws in Leesburg, FL last night. Seaworld is still great (if not way too crowded and hot this time of year). Got way too much sun, I actually have a tan
    Sorry I couldn't be here too much, but will begin catching up on all the goings on in the next few days.

Good luck Michael (sorry I have no idea how to do that funky e), will be lots of work, but I'm sure you will enjoy the new career.
    Christine

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, if you have not yet joined in on this, you should!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...me-NOMINATIONS!!!!!!

"TDT.Org Top 100 Novels of all time" Nominations and vote!!!

What is your "Two Cents" on the subject?????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone, being an english-native speaking person / or with a very good level of english and having a few minutes to spare?
    I would need some help regarding an important english email to proof-read.

Ta much.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you haven't got someone already, I'd be happy to help you out.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

someone is currently helping me out. thanks though

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Me speaky the English good

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stebbins View Post
    Me speaky the English good
    LOL Good one!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi, I was off to Boy Scout camp for a week with my two sons.

Ben, sorry the Germany move did not go well.

TN, glad the patch is working for you.

Scoots, Wishing you and your family the best during this difficult time.

Michaël, good luck in your endeavor to realign your career. Lot of work, but worth it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glad to have you back, Christine! This time of year in Florida I'd rather have it super hot than super tropical storms haha.

Getting excited that I'm in the home stretch of my noir novella.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Hi, I was off to Boy Scout camp for a week with my two sons.
    TN, glad the patch is working for you.
    Welcome back Patrick. That must have been fun!
    Welcome back to you, too Christine! Missed you around here.

Patch is still working. I cheat every so often but no more than one every other day or so. Far better than the 2 packs a day I was doing before (cough cough)
    My cancer battling friend in Hungary gets scans done on the 13th to see if the alternative treatment is working. Fingers crossed.
    My sister had her last test today (MRI). We hear back on all her test results tomorrow (the tests were to see if the cancer was anywhere else). Fingers crossed for her too.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All the best for your sisters and friends pending results Nadine

Gratz on the smoking (well, "non" as the case may be) - keep up the great work, it'll be worth it in the end (albeit possibly at the expense of the SoCal red wine market)
    We all float down here!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 372 of 971 FirstFirst ... 272 322 362 370 371 372 373 374 382 422 472 872 ... LastLast