Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 841 of 971 FirstFirst ... 341 741 791 831 839 840 841 842 843 851 891 941 ... LastLast
Results 21,001 to 21,025 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    After reading all these comments, my Nephew will be getting a schooling this weekend on King collecting! I am afraid he will be taken advantaged by unscrupulous book dealers/collectors. If you are interested, John Grisham wrote two books on this.
    Camino Island and Camino Winds. Easy fun reading
    Glenn, just for interest sake... you would not have bought that Slinger? I know you need one.... and is a big want for you. Are you stating that given that chance at the $2000 price point you would NOT have bought it but rather informed him that it is too low a price?
    I'm moving this topic, since it's more of a dialogue topic than auction revalation. Is it unethical to knowingly play along by showing a semi-interest in a "pretty good book", and then pay, say, less than 1/4 the value of a truly sought after gem? Would it matter if that seller were doing so to pay his rent in light of current circumstances, or maybe disregarded if an unwise retired chemist were selling some random books? I ask because I'm struggling with what I just did...but I still did it. I just made the deal of the decade, which I'll reveal later this week when it arrives. (RF, you'll be eating crow on this one for that payment plan. 8))

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

We have a thread debating the ethics of "flipping". We could merge posts into that thread, or start a new thread discussing the ethics of buying something at far below market value without letting the seller know. There are some quirks in creating a new thread and trying to merge older posts (the older posts precede the first post in a new thread).

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Gotcha. Still coming to terms with how many threads and topics there are here. For the record, aside from my physical reaction when I get it, this acquisition won't be a flip.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Celebrated my son's graduation from college today... BS in Culinary Nutrition (had him come home from Providence last night)....my wife's graduation idea...

We invited several families we/he is close to...they parked along the curb...we decorated the yard with a balloon sculpture of a chef, yard sign, balloons along walkway etc. We had him walk down center of our street (to pomp and circumstance music) as our/his friends cheered and clapped...we handed out specially made cookies with University logo + others in shape of mortarboard (and his school colors)...Simple but very nice way to celebrate him...two kids now graduated and one to go. Lasted one hour and COVID distancing adhered to...SIGH...now at other job....

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations David! Great idea for a ceremony!

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Celebrated my son's graduation from college today... BS in Culinary Nutrition (had him come home from Providence last night)....my wife's graduation idea...

We invited several families we/he is close to...they parked along the curb...we decorated the yard with a balloon sculpture of a chef, yard sign, balloons along walkway etc. We had him walk down center of our street (to pomp and circumstance music) as our/his friends cheered and clapped...we handed out specially made cookies with University logo + others in shape of mortarboard (and his school colors)...Simple but very nice way to celebrate him...two kids now graduated and one to go. Lasted one hour and COVID distancing adhered to...SIGH...now at other job....
    From one chef to another tell him I said Congrats. Hard work lie ahead. What he hope to do career wise?

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post

From one chef to another tell him I said Congrats. Hard work lay ahead.

Ditto. When I saw the BS culinary I was about to give out to you until I realised BS didn't mean Bill shit.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, David! And to your son, of course!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

An awesome way to celebrate him!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post

From one chef to another tell him I said Congrats. Hard work lie ahead. What he hope to do career wise?

he is not sure....terrified of being a grown-up!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pastry Chef all day long if I had my time again. The wages of the Head Chef and half the stress and hours.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I just want to get on with life, but life keeps getting in the way.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    And dumb ass people who make dumb ass decisions that impact us all.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Are we back to politics? :p
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Are we back to politics? :p
    Not I. I was thinking along the lines of MN. Of course everything becomes political.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, with the quarantine's being lifted to a degree in many states, folks adapting to the new world and things on the pandemic and economic front looking up I'd like to ask y'all.............................

How the Fuck are you doing folks?????

Spoiler:
    Now, if the country could just get a handle on the violent protests...................What the fuck is up with these Minnesota police officers anyway???

All Lives Matter!!!! Black, Brown, Yellow and white!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to have you back Bill

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by darkseer View Post
    Glad to have you back Bill
    Thanks, but I never left. I guess the "Quarantine" didn't exactly stir up conversation for me anyway. The world is getting increasingly weird and dangerous out there, but I'm trying to remain optimistic about things. I have to, I have children and grandchildren and I'd like to hope there will be something left for them in the future.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Things are looking up here. The county just approved outdoor dining, public pools and a few other things. Next week counties have the option of opening Hotels for tourism, bars and wineries (that don't serve food). The wife, my daughter and I are going out to eat tonight to our favorite local restaurant. First time dining out since we were on vacation in February.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Sounds like you are a little in front of us Jerome as regards the easing of restrictions.
    However with social distancing remaining in place, it will be extremely difficult for restaurants and bars to be viable concerns, as and when they are allowed to open.
    Have a good evening.

Country
    Country Flag

We went out to eat on Thursday afternoon. Was nice to partake in something that used to be for granted.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished having dinner on a restaurant patio. It was fantastic!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Sitting on a restaurant patio, smartass!!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Sitting on a restaurant patio, smartass!!
    I prefer using chairs.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Brian apparently likes eating his food as nature intended.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 841 of 971 FirstFirst ... 341 741 791 831 839 840 841 842 843 851 891 941 ... LastLast