Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 828 of 971 FirstFirst ... 328 728 778 818 826 827 828 829 830 838 878 928 ... LastLast
Results 20,676 to 20,700 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Kroger says it will deliver for $9.95 extra, so I spent two hours last night setting up an account and a password, scrolling through hundreds of food items, adding things here and there to my cart, finding out most of what I wanted was out of stock or not available, with the site going down every five minutes. I finished up this morning, taking another hour, finally finishing up, hit SEND, only to find they won't deliver to my address.

There is a Kroger store three miles away from me.

Next stop - WalMart!

At least it kept me busy.
    Is it any wonder I'm not crazy?
    Is it any wonder I'm sane at all?
    Well, I'm so tired of losing, I got nothing to do
    And all day to do it
    Well, I'd go out cruisin', but I've no place to go
    And all night to get there

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Make the 5000th post something special. Maybe a 360° video of your collection for us mere mortals.
    This is a great idea!

I would also be interested in your top 10 favorite editions that you own. Or a list of things you've sold over the years that you wish you could get back (which I bet would be pretty interesting!)

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I watched a movie last night that I'd never heard of before - The Final Cut starring Robin Williams, from 2004. Williams does a fine job - it's a quieter role for him, but not as dark as (say) Insomnia - and it had some interesting ideas and design choices. I recommend it, although it's a very somber and slow-building movie. A surprising and welcome discovery.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I watched a movie last night that I'd never heard of before - The Final Cut starring Robin Williams, from 2004. Williams does a fine job - it's a quieter role for him, but not as dark as (say) Insomnia - and it had some interesting ideas and design choices. I recommend it, although it's a very somber and slow-building movie. A surprising and welcome discovery.

HBJ
    I could start a rental business!
    It is a good movie.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    So, my Laptop took a dump the other day. Man, what a HUGE PITA!!!!! First, I had to revive an old laptop I had bought for my daughter to use in college 6 years ago or so, just so I could see about buying a new one!! After 16 hrs of downloading almost 200 Windows updates I finally was able to get back online and access most of my regular sites, here, bank, email, etc I go shopping online at "Best Buy" (despite the fact that there is a store literally down 5 blocks or so). Apparently, despite reported layoff's and social distancing and what not (or because of it. Who knows anymore? lol), they can't actually put the new box containing my PC in my hands in the parking lot for another 2 weeks!!! I can actually get the new PC faster by having it delivered by post rather than somone leaving it on the sidewalk a brisk walk away!!! LOL

Considering all the "Tech" employed folks on this site, I was hopig to get a little insight/criticism/thoughts on my eventual purchase:

HP - 17.3" Laptop - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - 256GB Solid State Drive - Jet Black
    Model:17-BY1053DXSKU:6356671
    Rating, 4.6 out of 5 with 971 reviews
    4.6 (971 Reviews)

$629.99 Your price for this item is $629.99
    Free security software a $29.99 value

Processor Model:Info

Intel 8th Generation Core i5

System Memory (RAM):Info

8GB

Total Storage Capacity:

256GB

Screen Size:Info

17.3"

As a "casual" user how did I do? i checked on Amazon and everything they seemed to offer was thru a 3rd party. In hindsight, I didn't think to look at, Costco, which RF says had better offerings. But all things considered? Should be delivered to my door by the 15th.

I will likely buy a new laptop as well before the summer as mine is 5+ years old, starts to show some slowness and starts annoying me since a couple of years.
    For me, I have two issues which the details you give :

- the size : 17.3 : that's the size of my current laptop. Which is fine, but I noticed over the years that it's a bit bulky for traveling around. My next one will be 15", same size as my work laptop

- 256GB : for me that's a no go. Not enough. But that's related to my use.
    IMO, that sort of capacity is good if you just want to go online dont plan on keeping movies and a lot of big files.

I use dropbox to do backup of all my files, but I also try to keep everything on my laptop as well. Because you cannot always rely that there wont be any technical issue or wont lost access to online stuff.
    And that's the same with everything as you mentionned in the other thread : when I find an interesting documentary video about King, I save it from youtube as it may disappear off youtube.
    I have loads of big files. Without mentionning an external harddrive with movies. My next laptop will have to be at least 1to + 128 or 256gb as ssd
    The ssd part being for the operating system, so that it starts quickly, and doesnt require a good 2 minutes like my current one

Well, my 6 years old laptop frustrated me a lot those past couple of days (and weeks), so I ordered a new one.
    I went with exactly what i said as my main criterias :
    - the size of the screen (15 so it's easier to travel with than my current 17)
    - the memory : 1to + 256 ssd

I found a new model (released in december) that happend to be on discount 799€ instead of 1199€!
    >>> https://amzn.to/2RrRMCb

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The End
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Here is my random comment for the day which should be in a movie thread, but that is my radical nature!
    I watched SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW last night in Blu-Ray. This is the 3rd time I've seen this move, 1st at the theater, 2nd on regular DVD.
    It has a perfect two word ending.
    Which is?
    Spoiler:
    [Polly turns and uses her last picture to snap a shot of Sky Captain instead of the pods falling to Earth]
    Joseph Sullivan: Polly... you...
    Polly Perkins: You don't have to say anything.
    Joseph Sullivan: Lens cap.
    [Polly stares in shock as the screen fades to black for ending credits]
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I watched JFK for the fourth or fifth time (first time on Blu-ray), a couple of days ago. I still found it as captivating as when I saw it in the theater back in 1991.
    It is a hell of a film.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was bored today so I cut the grass in the back yard with scissors.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I was bored today so I cut the grass in the back yard with scissors.
    Just don't run and you'll be A-OK.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Last month was the first March without a school shooting in the United States since 2002.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Last month was the first March without a school shooting in the United States since 2002.
    Close 'em down.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finally MADE America Great Again !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow.
    That’s shocking to hear.... just to read that. Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, you guys need to watch a comedy film or something.........stat!!!!! lol Here's something to make you smile.......................................

Spoiler:

Say what you will, but this guys career was the closest thing to "The Natural" baseball will ever see!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Man, you guys need to watch a comedy film or something.........stat!!!!! lol Here's something to make you smile.......................................

Spoiler:

Say what you will, but this guys career was the closest thing to "The Natural" baseball will ever see!!!
    I don’t know. As good as Jeter was I think mike trout may fit that mold better. He might be the best ever to this point.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Here's something to make you smile.......................................

Spoiler:

Something to make us smile, or something to make you smile?

(For the record, I agree, Jeter was an all-time great).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

Spoiler:

I don’t know. As good as Jeter was I think mike trout may fit that mold better. He might be the best ever to this point.
    I was thinking along the lines of freaking "Hollywood" moments when I said that. Good as, Trout is he doesn't have a one compared to, Jeter. Let's see if, Trout eventually performs a HR for his 3,000th hit, trigger's an equivilant 'Flip play" or hits a game winner in his final at bat to name a few. Trout may be the best in the end, but he's just missing those "Hollywood moments". Know what I mean?

And maybe this old gem is better for lightening the mood.............................................. ...........

Spoiler:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Spoiler:

Suggests watching a comedy... posts a video of Jeter highlights...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

Spoiler:

Same difference.

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:

Same difference.
    Watching the Yanks is pretty comedic.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:

I said "or something" and then suggested "Here's something to make you smile". The fact that you are jealous and envious of the Yanks constant success or the story book-like career of Derek Jeter is on you, big boy. lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

Spoiler:

I was thinking along the lines of freaking "Hollywood" moments when I said that. Good as, Trout is he doesn't have a one compared to, Jeter. Let's see if, Trout eventually performs a HR for his 3,000th hit, trigger's an equivilant 'Flip play" or hits a game winner in his final at bat to name a few. Trout may be the best in the end, but he's just missing those "Hollywood moments". Know what I mean?

And maybe this old gem is better for lightening the mood.............................................. ...........

Spoiler:

You’re not wrong. Trout doesn’t have that moment(s) yet.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the Abbott & Costello skit. They play it on a loop at the the baseball HOF. When I visited Cooperstown I got a bat engraved with '? in RF' since right field is the only position not mentioned.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    Love the Abbott & Costello skit. They play it on a loop at the the baseball HOF. When I visited Cooperstown I got a bat engraved with '? in RF' since right field is the only position not mentioned.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 828 of 971 FirstFirst ... 328 728 778 818 826 827 828 829 830 838 878 928 ... LastLast