Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 962 of 972 FirstFirst ... 462 862 912 952 960 961 962 963 964 ... LastLast
Results 24,026 to 24,050 of 24291

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Dilbert got fired...

Hundreds of newspapers drop ‘Dilbert’ comic strip after racist tirade from creator Scott Adams

After calling Black people a hate group on his podcast, he continued...." “I don’t want to have anything to do with them,” Adams added. “And I would say, based on the current way things are going, the best advice I would give to White people is to get the hell away from Black people, just get the f**k away … because there is no fixing this.” "
    He is surprised that this got him fired (and the numbers he quotes from that poll are inaccurate)...
    https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/...33735825375232

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Wow. This is the first I've heard of this. It's terrible because I was a big fan of Dilbert. I have tons of the calendars and even have a DVD set of the short lived cartoon.

I really thought he was smarter/better than this.

Of course now he's complaining about free speech because newspapers all over the country are dropping his comic strip (that's not how it works) and somehow Elon Musk is also in his corner.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Wow. This is the first I've heard of this. It's terrible because I was a big fan of Dilbert. I have tons of the calendars and even have a DVD set of the short lived cartoon.

I really thought he was smarter/better than this.

Of course now he's complaining about free speech because newspapers all over the country are dropping his comic strip (that's not how it works) and somehow Elon Musk is also in his corner.
    He has been dropped by everything, even his publishing partner, he says "for saying something everyone agrees with"

BAM and B&N had SIGNED copies of Cormac McCarthy's latest boxed set for $56, now, between $600 and $1500 from what I've seen. Anyone lucky and smart enough to get one?

https://www.booksamillion.com/p/9780593537299

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

BAM and B&N had SIGNED copies of Cormac McCarthy's latest boxed set for $56, now, between $600 and $1500 from what I've seen. Anyone lucky and smart enough to get one?

I tried , but was not allowed one as I am in the uk. They would not ship over.

I did get the uk signed limited though, which is wonderful. Looks good next to my Suntup McCarthys

https://www.waterstones.com/book/the.../9781035006380
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post

I tried , but was not allowed one as I am in the uk. They would not ship over.

I did get the uk signed limited though, which is wonderful. Looks good next to my Suntup McCarthys

https://www.waterstones.com/book/the.../9781035006380
    wow, just never thought to look for signed McCarthy editions since he doesn't do that sort of thing often. Congrats on that grab! Wish I had them both.

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Never saw that offered, unfortunately……
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

This is what happens when bots write webpages in response to Google searches.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

HBJ
    What a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

HBJ
    What a mess.
    Yeah but I really need a Karlery Men Women 70s 80s Short Curly Brown Rocker Party Afro Wig California Halloween Costume Cosplay Wig! Never would have found it without this Bachman list of 2023!!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Today, Folio Society announced its "spring collection," 9 new books which include Doctor Strange and Childhood's End (the page linked below shows 10 results; I suspect one is a reprint):

https://www.foliosociety.com/usa/new...list_limit=all
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

9 new books, they just posted the two versions of Roadside Picnic separately.

I was interested in Consider Phlebas and Childhood's End. They're both a little uninspired to say the least.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Never heard of "Timeshares" companies before

Last Week Tonight did a segment about it, it's quite... interesting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd2bbHoVQSM
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love books. I have read my whole life. I remember reading IT in Grade 9 after my mother forbade it.. so i read at recess and noon and on the bus when other kids were being...kids. When the addiction of collecting books became overwhelming in 2010 I started to use family money that was for home/food/etc to buy books. The wife seen a Betts charge for $750 and LOST IT. Told me never again. It was the ONLY time we ever really had a big fight over money. I had to make a choice... SO I sold ALL my Gift editions and used that money to buy and sell and trade my way to another signed book. A year or two later... I was able to buy my first lettered. A year after than my first Whelan large original. I then started the largest Facebook group on the Rare side of collecting and then I made my book sales legit by making my own company. Today I am proud to say that I am less than two months from leaving my job and going full time as a book dealer. I hope I can do it and feel I can. TO ANYONE here that supported me on this journey.. thank you. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.. thank you. I will continue to do all I can to be the best I can at this.
    “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life,” - Confucius.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That's great - live the dream.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Gunslinger Apprentice mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I love books. I have read my whole life. I remember reading IT in Grade 9 after my mother forbade it.. so i read at recess and noon and on the bus when other kids were being...kids. When the addiction of collecting books became overwhelming in 2010 I started to use family money that was for home/food/etc to buy books. The wife seen a Betts charge for $750 and LOST IT. Told me never again. It was the ONLY time we ever really had a big fight over money. I had to make a choice... SO I sold ALL my Gift editions and used that money to buy and sell and trade my way to another signed book. A year or two later... I was able to buy my first lettered. A year after than my first Whelan large original. I then started the largest Facebook group on the Rare side of collecting and then I made my book sales legit by making my own company. Today I am proud to say that I am less than two months from leaving my job and going full time as a book dealer. I hope I can do it and feel I can. TO ANYONE here that supported me on this journey.. thank you. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.. thank you. I will continue to do all I can to be the best I can at this.
    “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life,” - Confucius.
    Continue to be so stoked for you, Kris. Cheers man.
    WANTED
    DT Limiteds #293, #398
    70s Inscribed Stand
    70s Inscribed Shining
    YOP Inscribed Firestarter

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am one of those people who in some ways is a Luddite. I still like to receive a physical newspaper every morning. I enjoy having my daily paper at my doorstep before I even awaken. I also like the tangible tactile qualities associated with opening up the paper, reading the articles, doing the crossword puzzles, the Jumble, and the daily Sudoku. Yesterday I received a letter from the San Francisco Chronicle notifying me that my paper will now be delivered by the USPS. Not only that, but because of postal limitations, my Sunday paper will now be delivered on Monday!

I don't want my paper delivered at ~ noon every day, and my Sunday paper coming on Monday. What a pain in the ass.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Our local paper is down to like 4 or 5 pages these days. Even my parents cancelled their subscription to it years ago.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Today's date is a palindrome if you write it this way...

3/23/23
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Yeehaw

After buying and ultimately selling a ticket to see Tool a few years ago, I've wondered if anyone could get me off the couch - if I won't bother to see Tool, one of my favorite bands, then was I done with live music or what?

I could only think of one artist I'd definitely see (David Gilmour, who may be done touring my neck of the woods, and possibly done altogether,) and couldn't think of anyone else I'd definitely put the effort in for...but today, something unexpected popped up and I realized - I'm in!

Loreena McKennitt

...who you may know from...

I didn't think she toured the US, but never gave it any thought until I saw her tour announcement tweet today.

Tour info at:

https://loreenamckennitt.com/tour/

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone following hard case crime on instagram?
    Beware if they send you a DM, their account has been hacked. They may try to get you to click on a link so they add you to their "group" for an upcoming new product... but that's a scam / phishing atttempt !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Anyone following hard case crime on instagram?
    Beware if they send you a DM, their account has been hacked. They may try to get you to click on a link so they add you to their "group" for an upcoming new product... but that's a scam / phishing atttempt !
    Another good reason to stay away from insta(f**k as I call it)gram.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

He was probably not well known outside the Boston area, but let's hear it for Mel King, who passed away yesterday:

https://www.boston25news.com/news/lo...AALU2OSOW4GEI/

https://www.boston.gov/news/black-hi...oston-mel-king

Country
    Country Flag

Amazon to close Book Depository online shop

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...ry-online-shop

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Aah, the pleasures of eBay….

Sold a Kate bush signed book for £120 on Friday - on a reduced fees so I see pretty much all of that
    Buyer message - do you mind if I pay on Monday - no problem I reply, it’s all packed and ready to go
    Monday, he pays at 1am.
    5am he cancels it, apologising for any inconvenience. I accept the cancellation and return the value less the fees

Just had a message apologising for the inconvenience but can he buy it aa another seller has backed out of a sale.

Cheeky mother! I knew that’s what’s happening. I told him to rebid on my newly listed sale where I have to pay full fees!

I knew he’d found another one, pain in the *rse.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 962 of 972 FirstFirst ... 462 862 912 952 960 961 962 963 964 ... LastLast