Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 251 of 971 FirstFirst ... 151 201 241 249 250 251 252 253 261 301 351 751 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,275 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I can at least understand eating any animal. I guess my issue is with cruelty and by that I mean I don't want the animals that are eaten treated badly before they are killed. I realize this makes me no great humanitarian and a hypocrite too, but it's how I feel. Oh, and personally I'm very picky about which animals i do eat. It's all cultural and environmental really I suppose.
    Actually Brice I feel exactly the same way. Some animals were put here to provide us humans with sustenance but that does not mean they need to suffer on their way to doing so. We have the ability to not be cruel in our taking of meat, clothing, medicine and everything else our wonderful animals have to give.

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Let's not fool ourselves. Our "wonderful" animals aren't giving, we're killing and taking. No dillusions of fair treatment will change the end result = slaughter of sentient beings.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

True, but I think there's no purpose in being cruel either.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

agreed

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Let's not fool ourselves. Our "wonderful" animals aren't giving, we're killing and taking. No dillusions of fair treatment will change the end result = slaughter of sentient beings.
    you are right, we take and that requires killing, but I believe that is the way life is Even in nature, the animals themselves take what they need which also requires killing. That does not change the fact that they are wonderful and we have the capacity to at least not be cruel.

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I eat animals but don't kill them. They're so pissed when they climb out of the toilet bowl!

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I eat animals but don't kill them. They're so pissed when they climb out of the toilet bowl!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm surprised nobody jumped on the religion/hunting/brainwashing comment, I thought folks would be all over that.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    I'm surprised nobody jumped on the religion/hunting/brainwashing comment, I thought folks would be all over that.
    Yes, me too. I even popped some popcorn and settled in for some real entertainment.....but no one took the bait.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

*goes back so he doesn't miss an opportunity to be offended*

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably because this is an off topic thread, and politics, religion etc. have their own threads. Check them out. People write 2,000 word responses, proof, evidence etc. I try to stay away from that stuff.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Probably because this is an off topic thread, and politics, religion etc. have their own threads. Check them out. People write 2,000 word responses, proof, evidence etc. I try to stay away from that stuff.
    But if it's an off topic thread and we stay off topic doesn't that mean we're on topic? And if we're not on topic then we're just as we should be...off topic.

If you rescue me

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, let's make it obvious so nobody misses it:

Religion and hunting are types of brainwashing. If your parents had never taught you, and you weren't raised with it, you wouldn't believe in it. Parents have that power; if yours taught you that blue was actually pink and you were hatched from an egg found in a cave, you'd believe blue was pink and you came from a cave. Why wouldn't you? That's the power of brainwashing (and parenting).

So, if you weren't raised with hunting ... never had to do it to put food on the plate, never around weapons, no annual trips by dad for deer or turkey or whatever ... you probably have certain thoughts about hunting. If you were raised with it, it's the norm and people who don't do it are wierd.

Ditto for religion. If you weren't raised with it, it would sound pretty nuts to you. Not any certain religion either; all religions. It all depends on what your parents taught you. You may be a devout catholic, but it likely wasn't your choice ... the only reason you're not a devout islamist or judaist or buddhist or pagan is because you're parents didn't teach you that. If you were raised without any religion whatsoever but with science, the thought of people worshipping an unseen deity or believing anything but science would be pretty funny to you. It all depends on what you had drilled into your head as a kid.

Religion has caused more death and destruction of "civilized" man than anything else in history, so why do we keep it up? Because it's how we were raised and taught to believe, and everybody else is wrong. Best thing that could happen to humanity? Don't introduce your kids to religion until they're old enough to make up their own minds; no more of this 6 year old altar boy and going to church on Sundays crap.

Even better, go a couple of generations without religion being passed down to the kids at all; don't let it be taught, or even disussed, make it outlawed completely. Then watch and be amazed as peace broke out when we didn't have all that nonsense to argue over. Well, at least we wouldn't fight over religion ... I'm sure we'd find something else.

Discuss!

EDIT:
    Didn't see this until I was done RF. I have no interest in politics or religion at all, so had no idea such threads existed here, and even if I did I wouldn't go to them. Feel free to merge, or let folks discuss as it was a random thought generated by the eating dogs and hunting discussion.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

My post regarding the off topicness was mostly a joke. I kind of agree this is one for the religion thread found here:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...cussion-Thread

Edit: I just saw your post. Ignore me.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Party pooper.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Religion and hunting are types of brainwashing. If your parents had never taught you, and you weren't raised with it, you wouldn't believe in it. Parents have that power; if yours taught you that blue was actually pink and you were hatched from an egg found in a cave, you'd believe blue was pink and you came from a cave. Why wouldn't you? That's the power of brainwashing (and parenting).

So, if you weren't raised with hunting ... never had to do it to put food on the plate, never around weapons, no annual trips by dad for deer or turkey or whatever ... you probably have certain thoughts about hunting. If you were raised with it, it's the norm and people who don't do it are wierd.

Ditto for religion. If you weren't raised with it, it would sound pretty nuts to you. Not any certain religion either; all religions. It all depends on what your parents taught you. You may be a devout catholic, but it likely wasn't your choice ... the only reason you're not a devout islamist or judaist or buddhist or pagan is because you're parents didn't teach you that. If you were raised without any religion whatsoever but with science, the thought of people worshipping an unseen deity or believing anything but science would be pretty funny to you. It all depends on what you had drilled into your head as a kid.

Religion has caused more death and destruction of "civilized" man than anything else in history, so why do we keep it up? Because it's how we were raised and taught to believe, and everybody else is wrong. Best thing that could happen to humanity? Don't introduce your kids to religion until they're old enough to make up their own minds; no more of this 6 year old altar boy and going to church on Sundays crap.

Even better, go a couple of generations without religion being passed down to the kids at all; don't let it be taught, or even disussed, make it outlawed completely. Then watch and be amazed as peace broke out when we didn't have all that nonsense to argue over. Well, at least we wouldn't fight over religion ... I'm sure we'd find something else.

Discuss!

EDIT:
    Didn't see this until I was done RF. I have no interest in politics or religion at all, so had no idea such threads existed here, and even if I did I wouldn't go to them. Feel free to merge, or let folks discuss as it was a random thought generated by the eating dogs and hunting discussion.
    The random thought is cool with me. I just don't have any opinion (argument-impassioned speech) that I believe would convince someone else they are wrong and I am right, so I myself shy away from the topic.
    Feel free to have at it here. Unless someone breaks the forum rules this discussion can and should continue until it dies its own natural death-which I predict will be in less than a week.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Discuss!

EDIT:
    The random thought is cool with me. I just don't have any opinion (argument-impassioned speech) that I believe would convince someone else they are wrong and I am right, so I myself shy away from the topic.
    Feel free to have at it here. Unless someone breaks the forum rules this discussion can and should continue until it dies its own natural death-which I predict will be in less than a week.
    *breaks the forum rules*

Edit; Yes, all of them.

If you rescue me

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Very narrow minded thoughts there george at c springs. (IMO)

Ive always been a advocate of making your own mind up of ANY subject, as long as you open your mind to ALL arguments of ALL sides.

But then again, as I am GOD, I'm biased

God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    But then again, as I am GOD, I'm biased
    You are not GOD, I am.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Neither of you exists. You are figments of each other's nonexistent imaginations.

If you rescue me

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Bastard! Okay I am the other God, satan!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very narrow minded thoughts there george at c springs.
    Ive always been a advocate of making your own mind up of ANY subject, as long as you open your mind to ALL arguments of ALL sides.
    On the contrary, not narrow-minded at all, quite the opposite ... fortunate enough to have been allowed to make my own decision based on individual study when I was old enough to understand. Have also had the opportuntiy in my travels to be exposed to many many cultures, religions, ways of life; all of that absolutely helped me form my opinions and beliefs. You actually made my point as well, "Ive always been a advocate of making your own mind up of ANY subject" ... unfortunately that's something most children are not allowed to do for themselves (hunting and religion only the tip of the iceberg!).

So as not to offend anyone in particular (I'll go for a group shot instead) I wasn't raised with religion at all, find it pretty far-fetched, and am stupefied that in this day and age it's still so prevelant. I don't care one way or another what anyone believes, to each his own ... I just wish more people believed in themselves and the people around them. Or at least that they'd quit fighting with everybody who believes differently.

But that's just me.

EDIT: God, PS ... you're avatar is a Hindu god/goddess, unless I'm mistaken. There's a lot of them, so I'm not sure which one. Sure looks like Lord Krishna though.

God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God's Avatar

EDIT: God, PS ... you're avatar is a Hindu god/goddess, unless I'm mistaken. There's a lot of them, so I'm not sure which one. Sure looks like Lord Krishna though.
    Your edit may have led you somewhere....

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Mmmmmmm ... bright shiny objects ........

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post

Your edit may have led you somewhere....

Alright, who went and got GOD into this?

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 251 of 971 FirstFirst ... 151 201 241 249 250 251 252 253 261 301 351 751 ... LastLast