Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 932 of 971 FirstFirst ... 432 832 882 922 930 931 932 933 934 942 ... LastLast
Results 23,276 to 23,300 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Summer Thunder
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Thought this was interesting and fit here...

https://prismatic-bell.tumblr.com/po...x-D5Kjn-5Xs_rE

Be sure to read all the replies.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Summer Thunder
    Thanks Ari! P
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished reading The Plot. Stephen King provided a terrific blurb for the dust jacket.

I must say he was right saying “the suspense quotient was through the roof” and “It’s remarkable.”

I pretty much thought I had figured out what was going on until around page 300 or so of the 320 page novel.
    The Plot is a trrrific read and a totally satisfying, albeit unexpected, ending.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

So just in the past three days:

1) My knee replacement cancelled in Nov 2020 due to covid at the hospital finally got rescheduled; I go under the robot knife February 11th for the left knee, then right knee 6-8 weeks afterwards

2) I was asked to be the Assistant Communications Director at the National Museum of WWII Aviation where I volunteer (started in November), and to help run the 2022 Pikes Peak Regional Air Show

3) I was asked yesterday to take over as the Strategic Warning and Surveillance Systems Division Lead Logistician (Space Systems Command at Peterson Space Force Base)

All in all a pretty good couple of days. Haven't accepted the loggie job yet, not until they agree that it's a promotion and pay raise; no way in hell I'm doing it as a lateral move, way too much change in responsibilities!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    So just in the past three days:

1) My knee replacement cancelled in Nov 2020 due to covid at the hospital finally got rescheduled; I go under the robot knife February 11th for the left knee, then right knee 6-8 weeks afterwards

2) I was asked to be the Assistant Communications Director at the National Museum of WWII Aviation where I volunteer (started in November), and to help run the 2022 Pikes Peak Regional Air Show

3) I was asked yesterday to take over as the Strategic Warning and Surveillance Systems Division Lead Logistician (Space Systems Command at Peterson Space Force Base)

All in all a pretty good couple of days. Haven't accepted the loggie job yet, not until they agree that it's a promotion and pay raise; no way in hell I'm doing it as a lateral move, way too much change in responsibilities!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    ...I was asked yesterday to take over as the Strategic Warning and Surveillance Systems Division Lead Logistician (Space Systems Command at Peterson Space Force Base)...
    Maybe...don't mention this online...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe...don't mention this online...
    All good; it'll be on my LinkedIn if I accept! Same company, so no issues.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Here’s my (tongue firmly in cheek) stereotypical response to the 60 stereotypical things Americans do in movies that was on Yahoo, some of which I found hit the mark exactly, some of which were a bit off and some of which made not much sense.

In movies (mostly American made movies I guess):

1. If you are the hero or a major character, you can.
    a.) survive a helicopter crash and just walk away.
    b.) survive a plane crash and just walk away
    c.) be hit by a car numerous times and just walk, or maybe limp a little away (see JOHN WICK)

2. If you get shot, over 90% of the time it will be to the inside of your shoulder, and guess what, ten seconds later you will just walk away as if nothing happened.

3. Cars can magically fly up into the air during chases. (that ramp really helps, sometimes it’s visible, sometimes not)

4. No one is deafened or covers their ears when guns are fired near them. I’ve been in gun ranges, those guns firing are LOUD!

6. Knives and swords make loud metallic scraping sounds when pulled out of their sheaths, defying the laws of common sense and physics. Only an idiot would keep a sharp blade in a metallic sheath, unless he or she wanted to have a dull blade all the time.

7. The hero can ALWAYS guess someone’s computer password after less than a dozen tries!

8. In Zombie Apocalypse movies, the same disease that causes Zombies turns everyone, from infants to octogenarians, into crack shots with pistols and rifles and bows and arrows! Always right between the eyes!

9. The ickier the putrid substance on the ground, the more likely the person looking at it will stick her or his finger in it.

10. You can survive an atomic bomb blast by hiding in a refrigerator.

11. Our Windows computer programs are HIGHLY compatible with any alien’s computer system we may discover.

12. Firing a shotgun on an oil rig is NOT dangerous.

13. There is sound in the vacuum of space.

14. You can make barrel rolls, U-turns and other such maneuvers in outer space, no problem!

15. You can drive a muscle car in space.

16. Machete kills in space.

17. You can fall off a cliff, and as long as there is a handy tree to grab, you won’t die or break anything.

18. You can kill bad guys with a pencil.

19. You can drive over 100MPH through the streets of any major city in the world, destroy property and probably run over a few unimportant pedestrians, and suffer no repercussions the next day, or the next week, or the next year, or…

20. You can drive a car out the window of one building, sail across the sky, and into the window of the next building over…really, you CAN!

21.If your parachute fails, don’t worry! See number 1 above.

22. Fire CAN NOT hurt you as long as it is more than one inch away from you.

23. If you fall into a raging torrent of water you’ll be washed up on the shore in the next scene, wet but alive.

…and about 37 more clichés left unwritten.

24. Someone has to say, "I'm sorry." or "I'm so sorry." in almost every movie ever made! I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is.

25. It's impossible to tear duct tape with your fingers, you have to use your teeth.

26. If you drown, don't worry, after after your chest is given cardiac massage 900 times, you'll spit out a mouthful of water and be as right as rain!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds right. Look up on YouTube how many times The Water Bandits would have died in Home Alone.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Have you ever seen an Indian action movie? Makes ours look like we aren't trying.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I would also add:

24. Any database scan *must* show an image of each record scanned, usually 1 every half second so it can be seen.
    So a database with about 50,000 records (i.e. really small) is going to take approx 7 hours to complete as opposed to the <1 second it should do.

Fortunately, the required record always shows up within the first dozen images.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

25. Car doors/windows can and will stop any bullets from all guns fired by the bad guys allowing the hero to escape. Even if the car comes out looking like swiss cheese, the hero will be untouched.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    25. Car doors/windows can and will stop any bullets from all guns fired by the bad guys allowing the hero to escape. Even if the car comes out looking like swiss cheese, the hero will be untouched.
    Couches and walls will also stop most bullets.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

On one of my streaming apps I have a documentary called "Attack of the Hollywood Cliches" or something like that on my watchlist. I am sure its got a lot more to add to this list.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

People never finish their drinks in bars and restaurants and sometimes it appears they just walk out without paying. I know that wouldn't be thrilling cinema but I do notice it a lot in films.

Also, just a pet peeve but any time an actor is doing a scene where they are speaking to someone on the phone but all you can hear is their voice and not who is on the other end. I hate that because it totally takes my mind away from the story and I am thinking this is just a person reading lines to a prop phone.

The Big Sleep from 1946 is one movie where you actually hear all the actors speaking on the other end of the phone to the protagonist. It makes a huge difference and for the life of me, I don't know why more films don't do that.

These don't really go with your list just some complaining on my part.

Also, a policy by Apple dictates that movies can feature iPhones but the villain(s) can never be seen using one. So if you're watching a mystery and a character has an iPhone, you know they are not the villain.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Happy Lunar New Year, folks!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Problematic post removed.

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, anything she can’t do? She looks like she really enjoys it too, she should go far!!
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing, Tommy! Love me some Rush.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Yeehaw

When I see kids like this playing on YouTube, I have the following sequence of thoughts:

1) Yes! Keep going!

2) ...eventually a cretin clown will dump on them, no matter how good they are, and they'll have a hard time with it because they're young

3) ...I'm afraid this only goes one way

(I'm basically a pessimist about the impact of social media on young people - especially those young people who seem to have something positive to add to the world).

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    When I see kids like this playing on YouTube, I have the following sequence of thoughts:

1) Yes! Keep going!

2) ...eventually a cretin crown will dump on them, no matter how good they are, and they'll have a hard time with it because they're young

3) ...I'm afraid this only goes one way

(I'm basically a pessimist about the impact of social media on young people - especially those young people who seem to have something positive to add to the world).

I have to say that I believe your post to be correct.

Pos rep coming your way.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

FYI, the site will be down tonight for~ 2 hours between 10PM-Midnight for moving the storage to a new unit.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, left knee replacement was a success. Doc said I had essentially no cartilage left and it was absolutely a mess, so was definitely time. Pain meds are keeping the worst of it down, bad part is trying to lift straight out leg, quads and top of knee don't like that. Can get up and shuffle around with walker though, put weight on it, that's not bad. Short term problems, 3-6 weeks, all worth it for the long-term fix.

I'm sending you an envelope with a wolf whistle enclosed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 932 of 971 FirstFirst ... 432 832 882 922 930 931 932 933 934 942 ... LastLast