Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: If you published a Limited edition, or were designing a traycase what would it be?

Assuming no one else comes out with them on a mass scale, my plan is to get all the early doubleday cases done, similar in design and price (although not necessarily in color) to the Stand case. Of course at my current rate of 1-2 new cases a year it won't be tomorrow.
    Thanks much,

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
    --Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thecollector View Post
    Assuming no one else comes out with them on a mass scale, my plan is to get all the early doubleday cases done, similar in design and price (although not necessarily in color) to the Stand case. Of course at my current rate of 1-2 new cases a year it won't be tomorrow.

Very cool Tomas! I'm holding out for yours...

Life is a garden...dig it!

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It seems some of us had our wish come true yesterday. Really can't think of a better limited edition to be done this year. 25th anniversary of IT is perfect.
    Need first editions of:
    1.Carrie
    2.Salem's Lot
    3.The Shining
    4.Night Shift
    5.THE PASSAGE uncorrected proof

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gunkslinger View Post
    IT, published by Necessary Evil Press, art by Caniglia, with a metal traycase that looks like a sewer gate and red eyes that glow when you open the traycase.

I so look forward to CD (rather than Necessary Evil) producing THIS traycase for IT here...

It's SO going to look good sitting next to my metal caged lettered edition bone book.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

My sig lim ´Dream-Book´is:

The Dark Half

Stored in a black wood Traycase with ´bird-plumes´
    Book: black leather goat kidskin imprinted spine
    Marbled End sheets
    The book is in ENGLISH AND GERMAN language.
    The Eng. half with art from Wrightson, the German half with art from Gerhard Axmann
    Coverart Bernie Wrightson, Backart Gerhard Axmann
    Limited to 200
    price.... ???
    Signed by King, Wrightson, Axmann

In germany we have Ramsey Campbell: The Guide. Der Reiseführer from Edition Phantasia as a German + English book version. This was my inspiration for a TWO language SK Book....
    Last edited by Stockerlone; 01-08-2017 at 01:52 AM.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd really love to see a limited edition of Needful Things.

I envision a Artist Edition of the book, a bit oversize perhaps with several interior color plates by Edward Miller. A full wraparound dustjacket would include a detail of the storefront and Brian Rusk on the front, in daylight. On the back: the store dark, foreboding, and abandoned with the door kicked in; Gaunt shifting into the troll thing and his firey carriage in the foreground and perhaps the bridge exploding in the far distance. A leatherette slipcase with a font and one color foil stamping to match the design of the book would be included. Fully cloth bound on standard acid free paper stock. 2,000 copies at $85, numbered and signed by Miller.

The Limited Edition would contain all of the above. In addition it would be signed by King and Miller both on a specially designed full color glossy limitation page. I envision this page to possibly portray a elevated 1/2 profile map of Castle Rock with the incidences of violence from latter in the book marked out by drops of red paint splatter, designed to look like blood. Perhaps the names of the combatants/protagonists/victims could be printed next to these blood markers as well. Also included would be a bound in silk ribbon marker with the words Caveat Emptor embroidered in a Latin or Gaelic style font. The traycase would be more or less typical, with felt lining, and the exterior designed to look like the shop front. Genuine leatherbound, and printed in two colors throughout on 80# Mohawk Superfine. 700 copies at $400.

The Lettered edition would be a thing of beauty and creative sculpturing. Containing all of the above, with the book block printed on Mohawk Ultrafelt instead and 1/3 bound in Morrocan leather and Japanese silk, with raised spines bands and hand marbles endpapers. Gilt trimmed edges. The traycase would be hand crafted out of a rich hardwood with the storefront image burned into the case. This lettered edition is built to be displayed with the the case open however. While the book will still be seated on the right, the left half of the case would fold out some. A collapse-able canvas awning can be pulled out with metal rods to prop it outward against the edges of the case. The awning would be designed as per the book description. Inset into the main portion of the case, under the awning, would be a miniature and durable three dimensional model of each of the items Gaunt sold to the townfolk, each in its own custom inset. Brian's Koufax card, Ace's coonskin hat, Nettie's glass, the Presley portrait, a tiny sliver of fossilized wood, etc... all appearing to be resting on a tiered display. Each of the insets would marked with the name of the person who bought the item, seen only when the item is removed. Over top of all these items, a removable glass lid would ensure they all stay in place and upon which is acid-etched the name of the store/book. 26 copies at $1,800 perhaps, probably more though.

A bit over the top, I know. But this is my dream anyway.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That is a fabulous description. I am excited just visualizing it.

Along the Path of the Beam tomi_cc16 has a spectacular aura about tomi_cc16 has a spectacular aura about tomi_cc16's Avatar

I love the Fanmade Cover for the Complete Edition of "The Darkt Tower" from Klaus Spangenmacher ( www.stephen-king.de )

This is really a beautiful "fake" cover.

Last edited by tomi_cc16; 10-16-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is a pretty well done and nice looking cover. I'd display that book on my shelf. Good lord, though. Can you imagine The Dark Tower in one volume, haha? I'd be like 3000 pages.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

There is a French two-volume edition. But a single volume... wow. That would a monster of a book!

Along the Path of the Beam tomi_cc16 has a spectacular aura about tomi_cc16 has a spectacular aura about tomi_cc16's Avatar

Any pictures of the french version?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

French limited edition. Numbered & with a french bibliography.
    The books are MASSIVE, like dictionnaries, and are completely unreadable. Also, the paper is REALLY THIN & FRAGILE.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I would very much like to see a S/L Pet Semetary.
    Housed in a superior quality clamshell tombstone.
    Embossed Cloth with an inlay maybe.
    Quantity? 24 Greek Lettered, 79 Limited, as long as I get #79
    (Just kidding about limited qty)
    Artwork by somebody "New", I love all the standard artist of the past but come-on... it gets old after awhile.
    Some of the new artist's out there are amazing.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

How about a custom case for The Gunslinger that looks like a gun case?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That could be amazing!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Went searching for the "Create Your Dream Signed Limited Edition" thread but couldn't find it. So I will post it here.

I was thinking of a Stephen King/H.R. Giger collaboration. Can you imagine the slip/traycase on that one?

As far as which stories would be best told with Giger on board, I was thinking something metallic and/or slimy. Looking through the list, and not including any books that already have special editions, I realized there was nothing left that was metallic or slimy. So I'm at a loss. Maybe Night Shift or The Shining.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I would say that THE TOMMYKNOCKERS qualifies for a signed/limited edition with H.R. Giger artwork. After all, Giger worked on the art department of the ALIEN movies as well.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to whoever moved my post, I appreciate it.

I haven't read the Tommyknockers so I wouldn't be able to give an opinion. It's about aliens, I presume? I have faith in H.R. Giger's ability as an artist, but I'm pretty sure anything Giger does in connection with aliens will come out something along the lines of the xenomorphs in the Alien movies.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Thanks to whoever moved my post, I appreciate it.

I haven't read the Tommyknockers so I wouldn't be able to give an opinion. It's about aliens, I presume? I have faith in H.R. Giger's ability as an artist, but I'm pretty sure anything Giger does in connection with aliens will come out something along the lines of the xenomorphs in the Alien movies.
    You haven't read "The Tommyknockers"? What kind of collector are you? Read it immediately, it's one of my favorites!!! And don't "cheat" and watch the TV movie, the book is much better IMHO. I enjoyed the hell out of it. One of my "Top Ten", if you will.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Collecting and reading are two completely different things in my world. Whenever I can find the time, I am reading something King-y, though.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Like your last comment part Shannon! I collect King because his writings are the reasons to this day that I am a reader. When I collected comics years ago, it was for my favorite artist and writers. At the same time, if Harold Robbins books were worth anything (and they may be, for all I know), I would not collect them, yes I will read at least one book by any "famous" author. Collecting what you love, even if you do not read them is the main joy, but collecting SK with the passion that I have for his writings just adds to it. I love his old style and really do love the new stuff (-Lisey's Story, 3 attempts and still can't finish it but will someday, I did finish Bag of Bones, hehe).
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    How about a custom case for The Gunslinger that looks like a gun case?
    Not sure I understand your description ???

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

How about a custom case for The Gunslinger that looks feels like a gun case?

Gunslinger Apprentice SierraKiloCollector will become famous soon enough SierraKiloCollector will become famous soon enough SierraKiloCollector's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    I'd really love to see a limited edition of Needful Things.

I envision a Artist Edition of the book, a bit oversize perhaps with several interior color plates by Edward Miller. A full wraparound dustjacket would include a detail of the storefront and Brian Rusk on the front, in daylight. On the back: the store dark, foreboding, and abandoned with the door kicked in; Gaunt shifting into the troll thing and his firey carriage in the foreground and perhaps the bridge exploding in the far distance. A leatherette slipcase with a font and one color foil stamping to match the design of the book would be included. Fully cloth bound on standard acid free paper stock. 2,000 copies at $85, numbered and signed by Miller.

The Limited Edition would contain all of the above. In addition it would be signed by King and Miller both on a specially designed full color glossy limitation page. I envision this page to possibly portray a elevated 1/2 profile map of Castle Rock with the incidences of violence from latter in the book marked out by drops of red paint splatter, designed to look like blood. Perhaps the names of the combatants/protagonists/victims could be printed next to these blood markers as well. Also included would be a bound in silk ribbon marker with the words Caveat Emptor embroidered in a Latin or Gaelic style font. The traycase would be more or less typical, with felt lining, and the exterior designed to look like the shop front. Genuine leatherbound, and printed in two colors throughout on 80# Mohawk Superfine. 700 copies at $400.

The Lettered edition would be a thing of beauty and creative sculpturing. Containing all of the above, with the book block printed on Mohawk Ultrafelt instead and 1/3 bound in Morrocan leather and Japanese silk, with raised spines bands and hand marbles endpapers. Gilt trimmed edges. The traycase would be hand crafted out of a rich hardwood with the storefront image burned into the case. This lettered edition is built to be displayed with the the case open however. While the book will still be seated on the right, the left half of the case would fold out some. A collapse-able canvas awning can be pulled out with metal rods to prop it outward against the edges of the case. The awning would be designed as per the book description. Inset into the main portion of the case, under the awning, would be a miniature and durable three dimensional model of each of the items Gaunt sold to the townfolk, each in its own custom inset. Brian's Koufax card, Ace's coonskin hat, Nettie's glass, the Presley portrait, a tiny sliver of fossilized wood, etc... all appearing to be resting on a tiered display. Each of the insets would marked with the name of the person who bought the item, seen only when the item is removed. Over top of all these items, a removable glass lid would ensure they all stay in place and upon which is acid-etched the name of the store/book. 26 copies at $1,800 perhaps, probably more though.

A bit over the top, I know. But this is my dream anyway.
    wow... that would be an amazing lettered edition!

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

I'd do something bound in human skin. Ideally each of the Lettered edition would have some sort of tattoo work etc. or other interesting distinctions. Within the book itself would be original artwork by the deceased, with signature of course--and maybe additional writings by said person. There would also be a portrait of the deceased by the book artist and a full 2-page spread highly-detailed remarque involving the story. Each would be original.

I think it would be fitting for the horror genre.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast