Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: If you published a Limited edition, or were designing a traycase what would it be?

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

ok... so jumped in and drew a really quick pic using photoimpact.
    keeping in mind it's got to be something that is not cost prohibitive... i tried for something a little more on the simple side?

my idea is based on the twilight zone's original tv show where the creature pulls up the airplane's wing's panel and pulls out the wires.

see pic... a wood box perhaps covered in metal like panels with rivets, the box would be convexed (curved outwards) on the top and bottom mimicking the wing of an airplane.
    (it'd actually rock when set flat - or could be stood on end)

on one side the "metal panels" could be ripped upwards revealing the wires to the wing.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice idea dude!
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Gunslinger Apprentice wahlers will become famous soon enough

Default Untapped Limited Editions?

For me, I'd also love to see a set of individual hardcovers of the original 4 Bachman books (I know, fat chance of Rage now... ). I'm not really looking for anything fancy, just better paper and good (if possible) reproductions of the original covers.

I'd also like a physical printing of The Plant.

I'm assuming popularity of titles and King's blessing have a lot to do with what comes (or doesn't come) out.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

We have a thread that touches on this subject:
    If you published a Limited edition, or were designing a traycase what would it be?

Great ideas.

Cool. Sorry for not finding that other thread.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's all good. We'll merge this shortly. Thanks for the ideas.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wahlers View Post
    For me, I'd also love to see a set of individual hardcovers of the original 4 Bachman books (I know, fat chance of Rage now... ). I'm not really looking for anything fancy, just better paper and good (if possible) reproductions of the original covers.

I'd also like a physical printing of The Plant.

I'm assuming popularity of titles and King's blessing have a lot to do with what comes (or doesn't come) out.
    In the other thread I requested the same thing Wahlers. I too think it would be cool to have hardcovers of the first 4 Bachman books.
    Geoff

Well, since we both want them, somebody should make them.

The funny thing is that I don't even mind having a collected book of them, but the font and typesetting in the original Bachman Books collection is so dull and boring. I don't mean to sound superficial, but sometimes I have trouble keeping my interest when reading if a book's font and typesetting are bad, and that book is awful

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Gotta be IT. Housed in a custom clamshell clownshoe.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    I have a feeling we'll see a 25th Anniversary edition next year.

God willing, it won't be put out by Cemetery Dance.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If it is it may end up being the 50th anniversary edition.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Centipede Press version of The Shining.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    I have a feeling we'll see a 25th Anniversary edition next year.

God willing, it won't be put out by Cemetery Dance.
    If I could have one wish concerning books/book collecting it would be to have this. I love IT and I would love to see something done similar to how The Stand was done.
    Need first editions of:
    1.Carrie
    2.Salem's Lot
    3.The Shining
    4.Night Shift
    5.THE PASSAGE uncorrected proof

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well...not in topic, but if we push in the topic, maybe we get an excerpt...

http://www.stephenking.com/forums/sh...-The-Aftermath
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Centipede Press version of The Shining.

sk

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah, id love to see jared do more king books

Banned demorgan is on a distinguished road

How about someone start a thread or even a polll. at KINgs website...maybe make some noise about wanting a signed/limited of IT......couldnt hurt

Traveler Araknid01 is on a distinguished road

Default Clamshell Cases

Hello everyone!

I have been doing some research on clamshell/traycases for the five "Doubleday" books. I found these after much research and they seem to be of good quality. I have ordered these two and have contracted the place that produces these to make ones for The Stand, Salem's Lot, and The Shining.

With that being said, I was wondering if I can get them to produce these, how many people would be interested in any/all of them?

Can anyone that is more experienced in making a poll help me with something that would keep track of which ones people would be interested in buying?

Thanks in advance,
    Eric

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Count me out. They are not worth the asking price.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do like them. Depending on the asking price, I would be interested.

sk

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It will totally depend on asking price.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Those look like the ones TBCL has been selling (on eBay and elsewhere) for a while. They are nice but expensive.

I bought a similar one for my best copy of ATLAS SHRUGGED a few years ago from them. I like it and it has a removable block to keep the pages from sagging due to the weight of the book.

If money is no object then they are pretty nice but I think there are more affordable alternatives out there.

Country
    Country Flag

Four years ago when I first joined eBay, TBCL tried to screw me over.

I will never buy anything from them, or advocate buying anything from them.

I won't deny that they are nice cases, but I'm not sure they are worth the asking price, and in any case I don't want to help add to their bottom line.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Would you mind providing the details of your experience with TBCL? While I find them to be hideously expensive on most of their books I have never had a problem with them. I'd be interested to know what happened with you.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

Would you mind providing the details of your experience with TBCL? While I find them to be hideously expensive on most of their books I have never had a problem with them. I'd be interested to know what happened with you.
    Long story short, I sold them a copy of Atlas Shrugged. In less than desirable shape, but fully and adequately described. They took six weeks to finally pay, and when they received the book they made claims of damage that was not there. (Aside: I had been working with a bookstore here in town and both I and the owner of the store meticulously went through it page by page prior to listing it for sale - what they were claiming was not there). I looked through their feedback and saw that they had bought dozens of copies of the same book in the prior two months - one of which had the damage they were claiming. I suggested that maybe they had mixed the two up, and they started sending profane emails and letters, threatening lawsuits and saying they would ruin our reputation in the book selling community. All over $250. Nothing ended up happening, aside from a few months of threats. But, long story short I will never do any business with them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast