Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: If you published a Limited edition, or were designing a traycase what would it be?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Well done Jerome.

Along the Path of the Beam HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about

Woooh! Just in time for Christmas...

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Those look fantastic.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

A big shout out to Jerome for allowing me to get one of these beautiful rebound sets. I am very pleased with how they look and feel especially the suede and brown. In the words of our greatest philosopher, Homer, "Mmmmmm chocolate suede".
    I am now in the market for any similar type rebound sets if anyone is selling.
    Here are the pictures of the limitation page and endpapers which are unique to each set.

Limitation Page

Four Past Midnight Endpapers 01

Four Past Midnight Endpapers 02

Four Past Midnight Endpapers 03

Four Past Midnight Endpapers

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Long time no see, and what a comeback !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Love it!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Received this Christmas prezzie from Santa today. Queen of Ace, King, Queen, Jack. Many thanks Santa Garrell.

(Pictures from previous owner)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So nice!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Recent 15th anniversary Second Coming with new cover & images. Will post the first version here and second in a separate post

The "Durham" edition part openers feature pictures of actual locations in Durham that were in the book...

The Shiloh Chapel, located at 38 Beulah Lane just off of Shiloh Road in Durham, served as inspiration for the exterior of the Marsten House while the Louis and Bertha Marston house on the Deep Cut Road in Durham provided the atmosphere. King from Danse Macbre:
    “…I’ve dealt with the archetype of the Bad Place at least twice, once obliquely (‘Salem’s Lot) and one directly (The Shining). My interest in the subject began when a friend and I took it into our heads to explore the local “haunted house” – a decrepit manse on the Deep Cut Road in my hometown of Durham, Maine. This place, in a manner of deserted dwellings, was called after the name of the last residents. So in town it was just the Marston house.”

A long view of the Shiloh Chapel was used for the title page image and a close up was used for The Marsten House part opener...

Harmony Grove Cemetery on Davis Road in West Durham, serves as the Emperor Of Ice Cream (poem about death) part opener and was the inspiration for Harmony Hill Cemetery where Hubie Marsten and Danny Glick were buried and where Mike Ryerson found Win Purinton’s dog Doc impaled on the entry gate.

“This ramshackle abode stood on a hill high enough to overlook a good part of our section of town—a section known as Methodist Corners.“

The part opener picture for The Deserted Village depicts Methodist Corners in Durham. The picture was taken from what had been the front yard of the Marston house on Runaround Pond Road aka Rabbit Road, also referred to as The Deep Cut Road. The Marston house, along with the Shiloh Chapel at 38 Beulah Lane just off of Shiloh in Durham, serves as the inspiration for the Marsten House in SC/SL.

The Epilogue image is a close up of the entrance to the West Durham Methodist Church which is located right next door to SK’s childhood home.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks AMAZING!! CONGRATS!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Version two...

While the pictures in the Durham edition are of actual structures and locations featured in the novel, the artwork by Robert W. Addison in the RWA edition is of a representative nature.
    Although SK mentions in Danse Macabre that he obliquely dealt with “the bad place” in ‘Salem’s Lot, the presence of The Marsten House hovers over the story like a dark cloud. With that in mind, and with greater access to images of Robert Addison’s artwork than were available in 2006, three of the 5 images used in this edition are representative of the “bad place”.

The title page painting, McCormick Mansion #1, sets the tone for what’s to follow. From the book: “The door was open just a crack, and the light did not penetrate at all…that quarter inch of darkness was hideous, unspeakable in its possibilities.”

The Marsten House part opener, Victorian Sentinel, perfectly portrays Hubie Marsten’s decaying manse standing alone atop the hill with its 360-degree view of the town.

Part two, The Emperor Of Ice Cream, is represented by the aptly titled The Graveyard.

Natchez Below The Hill, opens part three, The Deserted Village.

Grand Exit ties back to the title page image and is a fitting close to the story.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That one as well is amazing. Thanks for sharing!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Sweet!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Exquisite!

Country
    Country Flag

Looks great. Why only 2? Where is my copy?

Thanks for your kind comments; much appreciated.

Specs:
    9" x 6"
    444 pages
    Black end sheets
    Mohawk superfine 100# natural.
    Soft flex cover in Black Serena leather.
    Slip case Black Iris Linen cloth.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Ben: Phenomenal. Absolutely exquisitely designed and executed. Thanks for showing it!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Tremendous Second Comings.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If I was going to do a rebind of a true NAL 1st USA edition 1st printing of "Thinner" by Richard Bachman, I'd stick with the original working title of "Gypsy Pie". The book would be bound in a reptilian skin (One of the curses placed by the old man gypsy was lizard skin on the attorney), and feature "strawberry pie" end-papers. As a bonus, the slipcases would also have beautiful end-papers as the interior liners.

Each book would have 2 original pieces of art-by two different artists bound in.

Book Cover:

Strawberry pie end-papers:

Interior slipcase lining:

Assorted art:

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    If I was going to do a rebind of a true NAL 1st USA edition 1st printing of "Thinner" by Richard Bachman, I'd stick with the original working title of "Gypsy Pie". The book would be bound in a reptilian skin (One of the curses placed by the old man gypsy was lizard skin on the attorney), and feature "strawberry pie" end-papers. As a bonus, the slipcases would also have beautiful end-papers as the interior liners.

Each book would have 2 original pieces of art-by two different artists bound in.

Book Cover:

Strawberry pie end-papers:

Interior slipcase lining:

Assorted art:

That's pretty awesome right there!
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque
    - Signed Everything's Eventual US 1st
    - Other Dark Tower Remarques

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

BTW, due to one financial cancellation, I have the last book (only 4 were done) available. It's Roman Numeral IV.
    PM me with interest. Very competitive price.

Well done Jerome. Would fit right in with Paul's Dragon Rebound series

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that is sexy!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely love the reptilian skin !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast