Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: If you published a Limited edition, or were designing a traycase what would it be?

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

That looks amazing! Very well thought out.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Outstanding. I really like the endpapers and gold detailing on the bindings.

Are the four playing cards that identify each copy all hearts, or all queens, or some other scheme? Or is that not to be revealed?

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

Are the four playing cards that identify each copy all hearts, or all queens, or some other scheme? Or is that not to be revealed?

HBJ
    The cards are all hearts. Ace, King, Queen, and Jack.
    I have the Ace, which is also flatsigned by King.
    Each set has true original art bound in, but the pieces for each story are very similar.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

HBJ
    The cards are all hearts. Ace, King, Queen, and Jack.
    I have the Ace, which is also flatsigned by King.
    Each set has true original art bound in, but the pieces for each story are very similar.
    The suited cards was definitely the "hook". Just a genius idea IMHO.

On another note, I posted looking for opinions/thoughts on these re-binding projects in the "Dragon Rebound" thread and I would think that this effort falls into the same category for discussion. Purely for discussion purposes onlt because both are absolutely amazing and well done editions. Never the less, feel free to offer any thoughts or opinions you may have.

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...=1#post1240193
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure if I posted this before, but I had a book bound featuring the art only from one of the Different Seasons projects I did.
    Here are a few samples:

Book cover:

Endpapers:

Limitation page from Alex McVey:

One of my favorite pieces. Maitz incorporated a Nazi image in the smoke, and if you look closely, Maitz's signature "drains" down:

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

That Maitz is so sweet
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

OK. I can't stop.
    I have a project on the boards. The rebind book is a true 1st edition 1st hardback USA printing of King's "Four Past Midnight".

I already have deposits in board for 3 of the 5 total to be done. Thus only two left. Deposit is $250.
    Total cost of the book will be less than $2K, but likely closer to $1.5K-$1.75k.

Interested parties should PM me ASAP. If you have a signed copy, we can use that for your personal edition. There will be an original piece of art for each of the 4 stories, plus a unique piece used to create the stamping for the slipcase covers.

Of course there will also be intriguing papers to separate the stories, as well as something cool for the true endpapers.

I usually don't even announce this stuff in advance, but what the heck. Two slots are left...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds very intriguing indeed!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just to make it more fun. Anyone who buys can have an additional page bound in with pretty much anything you wish to say, or even dedicate the book(s) to yourself. I only did this one other time (Different Seasons) and the recipient was thrilled.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

One left.
    I can work out a payment plan.
    Book is slated to be delivered in 100 days.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just to make it more fun. Anyone who buys can have an additional page bound in with pretty much anything you wish to say, or even dedicate the book(s) to yourself. I only did this one other time (Different Seasons) and the recipient was thrilled.
    One left.
    I can work out a payment plan.
    Book is slated to be delivered in 100 days.
    Watta Salesman!!! His prices are INSANE ("Crazy Eddie" anyone? lol)!!!!!

So basically another Unique, professional and quality "Smith-Press" production???
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sold out!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Update:
    Every single book (20 total-5 books with 4 stories) will have it's own unique endpapers. No two will be alike. The books will be fully bound in espresso goat skin. A custom stamp was created for the slipcases.
    I've seen samples of the art and it's mind blowing in detail, and originality.

As it happens there is one copy left. Please contact me ASAP if you are interested.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Update:
    Every single book (20 total-5 books with 4 stories) will have it's own unique endpapers. No two will be alike. The books will be fully bound in espresso goat skin. A custom stamp was created for the slipcases.
    I've seen samples of the art and it's mind blowing in detail, and originality.

As it happens there is one copy left. Please contact me ASAP if you are interested.
    Cool
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Last copy sold.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

~4 weeks to shipping.
    I promise this will be a mind blower. I am so anxious to show some of the art, but must wait.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Binder is out of glue. Supplier is out of glue. Result- a non-sticky situation.

I'm having a rough year...

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

In time for my birthday!!!
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Coming soon?????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Monday.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Monday.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm only posting a few pictures, as I'd like the buyers to have first chance to dig into the books. But here are some samples:

The books have a chocolate suede binding, with deep brown boards and custom gold filigree.

Note, there are four sets of 5 books, and each has its own unique endpaper-thus a total of 20 different endpapers.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm particularly pleased with the artwork for Secret Window, Secret Garden.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very excited
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast