Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Dispensation of your collection upon your demise?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Since I have no wife, no kids, and my dogs don't read.... I'm leaving one leather bound limited edition to each dog as a chew toy...
    the rest of my collection... planning to leave to the last person I have sex with.

It's been a while... so if there are any takers, speak up. You never know... you may be the "lucky" winner.
    Just waiting for Webstar1000 to post "That's a GREAT Deal!!"
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Since I have no wife, no kids, and my dogs don't read.... I'm leaving one leather bound limited edition to each dog as a chew toy...
    the rest of my collection... planning to leave to the last person I have sex with.

It's been a while... so if there are any takers, speak up. You never know... you may be the "lucky" winner.
    well ookkkayy.... if I have to.
    Will you go gentle?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Above all I will try to explain that some of the books (especially some of the paperbacks) are worth considerably more than I have lead her to believe!

Hilarious. Also, for others that are thinking about a letter to their wives, they should explain how some books are actually not worth as much as they led their wives to believe.

-G
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

or a jennifer aniston mask - whatever works for you
    Aren't you and Merlin1958 hooking up in Austin?

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you seen Terry's collection? I'd go gay for that. People in prison do it for a lot less, lol

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    we'll see, he very well may be to much man for me

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Note to self - don't click any Merlin1958 spoilers in this thread...

"This has been a public safety broadcast"
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Have you seen Terry's collection. I'd go gay for that. People in prison do it for a lot less, lol
    LOL!!!!!
    Priceless comment.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very true, Terry...

Spoiler:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

oh well... guess I'll just have to be "satisfied" with the wall-size poster.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

oh well... guess I'll just have to be "satisfied" with the wall-size poster.

Ahh, I'm all "bluster", Terry. Looking very much forward to meeting you in person, getting a signed book and taking in the sites to be seen. I very much appreciate your willingness to be a "tour guide" for, Austin. Went to TCU, but I rarely got to visit much to the south.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post
    I keep a Excel spreadsheet listing name of book along with description (1st/1st, signed, limited, numbered), retail price from book, publisher, date published, and the amount I paid for it.

My family is aware that I have a rather large collection and they know that if anything should happen to me they should sell the collection. They also know where to find my spreadsheet which includes names and contact info for Betts. I figured they could help them locate a buyer or driect them on where to sell.

I have been in discussion with my insurance agent about having my collection appraised. This would not be a easy task.
    Sir -
    i came here to say exactly what you said ;D
    excel - prices - betts - insurance

With the only exemption that i was lucky that my insurance took the whole value of the books, i have an extra part there for "collections"

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    ...I have decided to go with a letter hidden between the books. It would probably start off with an apology to my wife for all the money I have spent and listing specific items that should be sold to pay off the credit card debt which may or may not still exist!

I will include emails and contact numbers of at least 3 DT Members with instructions to contact them...
    You may want to let her know sooner that there is an envelope with info on a few collectors to contact if anything happens to you. You don't want her discovering a hidden letter after half your collection has already been donated to Goodwill.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Viking funeral pyre.
    Want some wild Indians to dance around the fire? LOL

Spoiler:
    If, I am recalling the "Shawshank" quote correctly.

Edit: Found it...

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Do you have your King/book collection in your Will?

I know this is a personal question, but I was just curious if anyone here has their King/book collection in their Will. Or if you don't have a Will, a hypothetical of what you would do with your collection. Quite a few of you here have a pretty vast collection that's worth many thousands of dollars. Would you leave it to your family or someone else? Or have it setup to auction it off after you're gone. I have visions of people with these extremely valuable collections and their family members fighting over who gets what.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

In will with instructions to contact Betts Books (David Williamson or current owner) in the case that they should be sold or for any questions regarding value, and/or to get on here and say George at C-Springs has passed, what the hell is an Advance Review Copy and what do we do with all these damn books?
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

We have a thread discussing what to do with your collection upon your demise. I'll merge this thread into that one.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I plan on selling everything when my daughter turns 21 (unless she wants to keep them) and giving her the cash to do what she wants. 15 years left to enjoy ‘em. I’ll be 66 then (God willing).

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I plan on selling everything when my daughter turns 21 (unless she wants to keep them) and giving her the cash to do what she wants. 15 years left to enjoy ‘em. I’ll be 66 then (God willing).
    Just a reminder you promised to sell me your 1/100 FDNS for twice what you paid for it...
    Spoiler:
    If you have forgotten this promise, don't worry, I wont be offended

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm leaving it all to my wife and her lover...

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm leaving it all to my wife and her lover...
    and we both thank you Jerome.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

We just never should have met you Las Vegas...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    I know this is a personal question, but I was just curious if anyone here has their King/book collection in their Will. Or if you don't have a Will, a hypothetical of what you would do with your collection. Quite a few of you here have a pretty vast collection that's worth many thousands of dollars. Would you leave it to your family or someone else? Or have it setup to auction it off after you're gone. I have visions of people with these extremely valuable collections and their family members fighting over who gets what.
    I have written some tips and advices for my wife about who to contact in order to sell them, and I have an excel file (that i'll print soon) with the info of cost + estimate (as of today) of each books value.
    But having about 2000 books / magazines if i recall correctly, I dont think that she'll want to bother.

Which brings me back to a question i have asked several weeks ago but that didnt seem to interest anybody.
    Who else that us, individually, know our collection best?

Has anybody already decided that they will sale themselves the collection? And what would make people sell their collection?
    I think that The Library Policeman's idea is a good one!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I started the process of selling mine a number of years ago. I realized I had books on my shelf that I hadn't looked at in years and some that I didn't even remember owning. After going through the process of dissolving someone else's estate, I realized that I had lost the acquisitive nature that had compelled me to get these books in the first place. It's a long, slow process, and some things I'll never get rid of -- personalized items -- but I'm trying hard to lighten my load!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast