Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Step Over to the Dark Side...Have You Converted Anyone? How did you do it?

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My sister is just getting some glitches sorted out with her pc and should be here soon

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post

My sister is just getting some glitches sorted out with her pc and should be here soon

Roland would have understood.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    How did you convince the bum?
    I actually see this guy most days on my lunch break

I was reading in the park one day, The Gunslinger unrevised, and he comes up and says 'hey what's ya reading' I said to my self, "I already have two copies of this so I just give him this one

So, long story short, he read the book, came back and talked to me about two weeks later and said how great the book was, I told him it was a series and he actually got a job so he could get the rest of the books.

John F. Kennedy flair is on a distinguished road

My girlfriend asked me to put a few audio books on her ipod the other day. She said she wanted to listen to whatever I was listening too which happened to be stephen king. Surprisingly she really like it, and blazes through them as fast as I do. My next step is to throw the gunslinger on it, and hope she gets passed that and into TDoTT. If she isn't hooked by then...

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post

I was reading in the park one day, The Gunslinger unrevised, and he comes up and says 'hey what's ya reading' I said to my self, "I already have two copies of this so I just give him this one

So, long story short, he read the book, came back and talked to me about two weeks later and said how great the book was, I told him it was a series and he actually got a job so he could get the rest of the books.
    Thats awesome. Hopefully he keeps the job after he finishes the series.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

What a brilliant story.
    You rock, Brian.

Roland would have understood.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Sadly, I haven't seen him in a while, wondering if he held down the job

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I bet you felt so proud

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

4 people i think .. diem, my brother, diems step dad and now diems step mum is reading it and she loves it
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

I bet you felt so proud
    Nah, just glad someone else could share Roland's world

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I've tried twice recently to convert a couple of folk to Dark Tower-ism and it didn't work. They both have nice lots in the nearby graveyard and I stop by and have a good chuckle to myself thinking "oh what you missed out on and the price you paid because of it."
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad I'm on your good side.

wait...I am on your good side arn't I? :looks around nervously:
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Of course you are.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Phew. Good. I didn't want to get shanked or anything.

I would never shank anyone. Thats not my style.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A girl at work tonight stopped and told me that she was at the used book store yesterday and saw a copy of The Gunslinger. She bought it cuz I always bring it up whenever possible at work. I've only had success with getting two people to read DT1. I think my sister is the only person I've converted who's read it all.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    I would never shank anyone. Thats not my style.
    You seem like more of a "rip you apart with my bare hands" kind of guy.

You seem like more of a "rip you apart with my bare hands" kind of guy.
    I'm a lover not a fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    A girl at work tonight stopped and told me that she was at the used book store yesterday and saw a copy of The Gunslinger. She bought it cuz I always bring it up whenever possible at work. I've only had success with getting two people to read DT1. I think my sister is the only person I've converted who's read it all.
    No one where I work seems to give shit one about reading ANYTHING. Its sad. I bought a used copy of The Gunslinger and talked to this guy about the Dark Tower series for awhile and gave it to him because he said he was interested...have I heard back about it? No.

Country
    Country Flag

You can't expect people to read when there is good/crappy television to watch and waste away in front of, can you?

I like that approach though, if I had extra copies I'd probably do the same thing. I've offered my brother the mp3s in an attempt to bring him over but he hasn't accepted.

I am talking about folk who are readers and I have a hard time getting even them interested in the Dark Tower series. I think it has something to do with the Dark Tower not falling easily into an easily pegged hole that they can understand..I've heard King fans say they're not interested because its not normal King.

Country
    Country Flag

I hear ya. One question I always get is: "Is it fantasy?"
    I also hear "King books are too scary."
    It's funny though, I started reading King books cuz of IT (and it's creepy cover with the paper sailboat) and afterwards went back and started from the beginning (carrie). I became a King fan so I read (or tried) all of his novels he had written. I didn't skip TDT, I just looked for more King books. *shakes head in confusion*

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    I've tried twice recently to convert a couple of folk to Dark Tower-ism and it didn't work. They both have nice lots in the nearby graveyard and I stop by and have a good chuckle to myself thinking "oh what you missed out on and the price you paid because of it."
    THAT IS FUNNY, but only if 'you' think its funny

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think only true king fans appreciate the Dark Tower
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Agreed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast