Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Step Over to the Dark Side...Have You Converted Anyone? How did you do it?

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I think I'll just start disowning any friend that won't read The Dark Tower.
    Now thats a way to do it! That sure is a great way to find out your true friends. "Its either the Dark Tower series or the highway".
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

So far, I have converted my mom and my boss. I'm still trying to convert my sister. She's had the first 4 books for months now.
    I went to her house last night and saw The Gunslinger on her coffee table with a bookmark in the middle of it. I got so excited.
    I said: "Oh! You finally started it?!"
    She said: "No, sorry to get your hopes up."

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Time to disown her.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

My sister has finally started it. She called me earlier and is about to start The Wastelands. yay

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    My sister has finally started it. She called me earlier and is about to start The Wastelands. yay
    Damn, how long did it take her to get up to The Wastelands?

I think she started the series on Friday or Saturday...yeah, she flew through the first two.

Awesome. Glad shes that into it. So, she'll probably be done with the series by next week sometime at that rate.

Next...comes the comics.

Hell yeah. Shes so lucky to have become a Tower Junkie after the series is out. Jerk. Instead of having to wait all those years between books since Drawing came out, like I did.
    She should join us on here when she finishes the series.

Yeah, I said the same thing before about having to wait between the books. That would have driven me nuts. I wouldn't even start the series until I had at least the first three books at home.
    She won't join the mb.....she makes fun of me for it.

Ohhh so shes a snob, I get it. Thats cool.

She acts like she has a reputation to keep clean

She acts like she has a reputation to keep clean
    And joining this message board community would somehow tarnish this angelic rep of hers?

Simply put, I'm the nerdier of the two sisters.

Well, when she is done with the series, she might change her mind..

Citizen of Gilead Ka-tet is on a distinguished road Ka-tet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ive got one on my list xD our very own mark8888
    If you love me, then love me-Susan of mejis
    See the turtle, aint he keen? All things serve the fucking beam-Eddie of NewYork
    You burn prettily-Corwin of Amber

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The nerds were/are nowhere near as pretty or cool as you where I'm from.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Thank you Brice

Pretty, loves winter, Tower Junkie..ummmm how COULD you get cooler?

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Dating the CK?

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Pretty, loves winter, Tower Junkie..ummmm how COULD you get cooler?

Don't go making me conceited

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Brice
    Tis' just the truth.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

i was converted by a friend, but i have to say that the responses people get are the same reaction i had initially as i had never read the books.
    stephen king? isn't that stuff scary?
    after going to barnes and noble and realizing that i had already finished 3/4ths of the first book, i figured i'd better buy the first four.
    after finishing the series i immediately went out and bought the stand, salem's lot, misery, and bag of bones.
    i'm a total stephen king convert. and a better person for it, imo.

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I got my wife to start it but she didn't get past twenty pages.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I have just realised that I made one person read the series! Oh, I feel so sooo proud. I haven't met him for ages that's why he didn't come to my mind.
    We were classmates and he wanted to borrow them - I guess he must have seen them in my hands all the time - and I gave my books to him with pleasure because I couldn't speak English at all at that time so I didn't have anyone to share my feelings with. The first four books had been published so he could read just the first four books. (So could I.)
    A year ago we met again accidentaly when I went to see my doctor. He got some flu as well. I asked him if he knew that DT5 and 6 got published at last but he said he hadn't thought about DT for long. My heart broke a little bit...
    I don't think he will ever finish it.

BUT
    I can say
    I made one person read the first four books.

Roland would have understood.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast