Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Step Over to the Dark Side...Have You Converted Anyone? How did you do it?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I say vote it to him now, Letti.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice JameseyLefebure is on a distinguished road JameseyLefebure's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Junkies like to share.
    very true Brice - very true!!

Jamesey

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

*whispers*
    You lookin'?

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler Whiskeybent is on a distinguished road Whiskeybent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got my gf to read Gunslinger and Drawing, but she lost interest. To bring her back, I started reading Wastelands to her every night the past couple of weeks and now she cant wait for bedtime so I can read her more. It's our nightly thing now

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

I am giving a non-revised Gunslinger to my dad for Christmas, apparently after I blabbered about the series enough he went and checked out the Revised version from the library...so I may have to slip it to him early! I'm so not letting him start with the new one.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I knew I liked you.

I kidnap people, lock them in the basement, chain them to the water heater and torture them until they become receptive to reading the story.

If you rescue me

Gunslinger Apprentice pinkymcfatfat is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I've gotten a lot of people to read the series...my most memorable would be a friend of my husband who thought nothing and no one could top the Jedi Knight's in 'Star Wars'.

Gunslinger Apprentice JameseyLefebure is on a distinguished road JameseyLefebure's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I knew I liked you.

I kidnap people, lock them in the basement, chain them to the water heater and torture them until they become receptive to reading the story.

Well Brice - sounds like you n me have an awful lot in common!!!

Jamesey
    x

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JameseyLefebure View Post
    I knew I liked you.

Well Brice - sounds like you n me have an awful lot in common!!!

Jamesey
    x

If you rescue me

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

::begins to realize::

now I see where all those people go whom I fail to verbally incline towards reading TDT... I wondered why they were no longer around...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    ::begins to realize::

now I see where all those people go whom I fail to verbally incline towards reading TDT... I wondered why they were no longer around...
    shhhhhhhhhh

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, the ones who STILL aren't convinced after my coercion still stay around.

Spoiler:
    ...beneath my back yard.

If you rescue me

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pinkymcfatfat View Post
    I've gotten a lot of people to read the series...my most memorable would be a friend of my husband who thought nothing and no one could top the Jedi Knight's in 'Star Wars'.
    I must say that's impressive.

Roland would have understood.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

But I am a little bit afraid. My mom might tear my head off. She doesn't have a nice opinion about SK.
    In her head: SK = horror =

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfWesternesse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I cannot wait to give the Gunslinger to my little brother. If he doesn't want to read it I will read it out for him (if he lets me). I know we have talked about it before but I don't think we have that thread anymore so when can children start to read this series? What do you think?
    What age is he now Letti?

My son Mark is going to start it soon. He's 12 now.
    He read & loved:-
    Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings"
    Robert Jordans "Wheel of Time" series - all 12 books a couple of times!
    RE Feist's "Magician" etc... series
    & is currently almost finished the 8 books of Stephen Donanlson's "Chronicles of Thomas Covenant"

.... so he should be well ready (& able) for the DT!
    He is 11. And he doesn't read much. I would be so happy if I could open his eyes and show him the beautiful world of books.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

But I am a little bit afraid. My mom might tear my head off. She doesn't have a nice opinion about SK.

I cannot wait to give the Gunslinger to my little brother. If he doesn't want to read it I will read it out for him (if he lets me). I know we have talked about it before but I don't think we have that thread anymore so when can children start to read this series? What do you think?

& is currently almost finished the 8 books of Stephen Donanlson's "Chronicles of Thomas Covenant"

He is 11. And he doesn't read much. I would be so happy if I could open his eyes and show him the beautiful world of books.
    Oh, well since it is your mom...

*kidnaps Letti's mom and gently ties her up to read to her* :innocence:

Children should be read to even before they are born.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, well since it is your mom...

*kidnaps Letti's mom and gently ties her up to read to her* :innocence:

Children should be read to even before they are born.
    In fact I think she would enjoy it.

How nice. I couldn't agree more.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

*ties Letti up instead*

If you rescue me

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm trying to get my brother, who was 11 today, into reading it, but it bores him. It's odd, he is reading The Fellowship of the Ring, and I found that boring, and I love DT...

Got two friends into it as well, they both realyl enjoy the series, one was already a SK fan, the other didn't read so much.
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeybent View Post
    I got my gf to read Gunslinger and Drawing, but she lost interest. To bring her back, I started reading Wastelands to her every night the past couple of weeks and now she cant wait for bedtime so I can read her more. It's our nightly thing now
    That's a cute way to convert someone

Along the Path of the Beam NoLabelBG is on a distinguished road NoLabelBG's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I got at least 6 people to read it. They were all amazed by the DT. One of them didn't read anything by King before, which was a mistake, but she saw that I'm crazy about it, and she started reading it! The same thing happened with my mother! I was reading Drawing of the Three and I told her that the book is extremely good, and she started to read The Gunslinger and very soon she was on the Song of Susannah, while I was still reading Wizard and Glass!
    For most of the people that I convinced to read the DT, it became the best book ever!
    [COLOR="Red"][B][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]To see some Bulgarian
    Stephen King book covers, click here:

Country
    Country Flag

I've now managed to get my son to read the gunslinger. Admittedly it was part of a puishment for doing badly in school so had his TV taken off him and was given a book to read instead - but he's hooked now and I've also managed to get the two lads I work with hooked on S.K (one on the dark tower and one on IT) and ofcourse there's terry who wasn't a S.K fan before we started dating - he refused to read them but he loved dragons so I took him that in the 3rd Dark Tower book they fight a dragon, he read the first two and by the time he had finished the 7th book he'd forgotten completely that I said there were dragons sneaky sneaky!!

Jamesey
    xxx

Traveler Whiskeybent is on a distinguished road Whiskeybent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stone, rose, unfound door View Post
    Yes, dudes take note; Read Tower to your ladies. Might help them relationships

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stone, rose, unfound door View Post
    Yes, dudes take note; Read Tower to your ladies. Might help them relationships
    it's like the literary version of Barry White

jamesey
    xxx

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JameseyLefebure View Post
    I've now managed to get my son to read the gunslinger. Admittedly it was part of a puishment for doing badly in school so had his TV taken off him and was given a book to read instead - but he's hooked now
    Jamesey
    xxx
    Best. Punishment. Ever.

Traveler kaleidyscope is on a distinguished road kaleidyscope's Avatar

Cleared my wifes Iphone of music, cleared my Ipod of music and loaded them both with The Gunslinger audiobook.

Conversion rate = 100%

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast