Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Step Over to the Dark Side...Have You Converted Anyone? How did you do it?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice JameseyLefebure is on a distinguished road JameseyLefebure's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kaleidyscope View Post
    Cleared my wifes Iphone of music, cleared my Ipod of music and loaded them both with The Gunslinger audiobook.

Conversion rate = 100%
    that is genius!!!

Jamesey
    xxxx

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kaleidyscope View Post
    Cleared my wifes Iphone of music, cleared my Ipod of music and loaded them both with The Gunslinger audiobook.

Conversion rate = 100%
    Let us know what she thinks about it.

Roland would have understood.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I got my dad hooked by accident a few years ago. I say by accident because what happened was I had actually let my mum borrow The Gunslinger when she and dad went on holiday. I was surprised when he came back and said he enjoyed it - usually my dad's not very fond of scifi or fantasy, and he's especially not fond of horror. He finished the series this year though, and is now a little bit interested in reading more Stephen King, so i'm pretty pleased with that!

Now, if I could just get back to my original aim and get my mum to read The Gunslinger...
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

I just gave my dad the SC Gunslinger a few days before Christmas, and he's already finished Drawing of the Three...yay!

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Default I'm More Awesome Than All Of You Combined

Why, you might ask? Simple, I convinced someone who had read the first three volumes of The Dark Tower, but had lapsed, to complete the series by reading the final three books...ON NEW YEAR'S! While slightly intoxicated.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I must concede that's pretty damn awesome, but come on ...when you say "all of you combined" this includes me; and it is an incontrovertible fact that nothing or noone is half as awesome as me.

Seriously, that's pretty great, man.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I gave my roommate's kid some SK books for christmas. There was a catch though-he must read The Gunslinger (original) first.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Touche.

Yup, this would be the fourth or fifth person I've either convinced to start reading it, or to continue reading it-if he takes me up on my advice. I made a pretty good sales pitch, IMHO.

Gunslinger Apprentice JameseyLefebure is on a distinguished road JameseyLefebure's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Well, I must concede that's pretty damn awesome, but come on ...when you say "all of you combined" this includes me; and it is an incontrovertible fact that nothing or noone is half as awesome as me.

Seriously, that's pretty great, man.
    I concur!!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Brice, dude, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but Letti is more awesome than you. And when she posts in the melons thread, she's four times more awesome!!

Oh, and I'm half as awesome as you so your wrong on that one too.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

As awesome as Brice is, don't give him any ideas. I really don't want to see him posting stuff in the melons thread.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You ain't gotta' worry about that.

All joking aside I'd say most of y'all on this site are at least twice as awesome as I am.

If you rescue me

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe that I am ten to the zero power as awesome as Brice.
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

and that alone is enough to make you infinitely more awesome. Any awesomeness I do have is merely residual awesomeness that rubbed off from hanging out with you good people here.

If you rescue me

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome.
    Sloth Love Chunk

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in awe of this thread.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am afraid this thread is going to be merged with that thread very soon

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Everyone is sooo modest in this thread. I like it.

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Letti is awesomeness personified.

If you rescue me

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Y'all suck

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

"Convert" vs. revert, Jean. Two completely different and distinct things.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Everyone is sooo modest in this thread. I like it.
    That's part of what makes everyone so bloody awesome. Yep.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone from that same party just friended me on Facebook, for what it's worth.

Traveler chtorrwar19 is on a distinguished road chtorrwar19's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fully converted my girlfriend, shes just starting the seventh book, poor thing, doesnt know what she's in for....also converted my best friend just recently, he zoomed through the first three and is loving it...but he's now 100 or so pages into W&G and keeps asking when it gets back to eddie and co...poor guy doesn't know what he's in for either

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast