Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Step Over to the Dark Side...Have You Converted Anyone? How did you do it?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I only know one reader (my daughter) who might read something this long based on my recommendation, and I think I lost her when I told her that DT was like a combination of the best thing I've ever read and the worst thing I've ever read, and that many of King's less desirable traits (with which I've familiarized her) were in full force in DT.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I have a coworker who loves Stephen King, but has not read The Dark Tower yet. I may or may not have just ordered a copy of The Gunslinger for her.
    Excellent. I have a few friends that need more friends like you… oh wait I could do that too.
    Yes, you could!

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I only know one reader (my daughter) who might read something this long based on my recommendation, and I think I lost her when I told her that DT was like a combination of the best thing I've ever read and the worst thing I've ever read, and that many of King's less desirable traits (with which I've familiarized her) were in full force in DT.
    Yeah, I'd say you pretty much ruined the chance of her giving that a go then, huh?

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Only two.
    Gordo my head chef, a long time ago, was the first...
    We read the books in tandem so was great to discuss.
    Col was the next, many years later, a chef who worked under me... all those years apart and still my love, desire, craze, passion, heart is still there for the best and worst books ever...
    I cant thank SK enough for giving me this gift...

Traveler bogmonkey is on a distinguished road

I have turned on three people to the DT

One person hated it and never finished the Gunslinger.
    One person has already read the series twice and, like me, considers it the best series ever written
    One person was kinda meh, and petered out around Wolves of the Calla

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15