Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Other collectibles

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

Default Other collectibles

Does anyone else here collect other things besides books? I'm always curious to see or hear about what people collect.

I will go first.

I collect comics, but more so to read than for value. Usually I buy the monthly issues, and when the trades come out give the monthly issues away. If you are ever missing something let me know I might have to give away.

Star Wars stuff. Not as much as I used to, and only the Original Trilogy stuff.

Dragons. I love me some dragons.

The Rocketeer. Love the comic, love the movie, have some stuff.

Disney. I'm a huge Disney fan and have a bunch of the pins from the parks, some art work, posters, etc. Love Scrooge McDuck, great comic character. Carl Barks and Don Rosa's stuff is wonderful.

OK, who would like to go next?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I used to collect Zoids, but sold my collection several years ago. About the only thing I have left is a personalized license plate that says "Zoids".

Blaine the Terror Train Mad Man is on a distinguished road Mad Man's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Only thing i really collect is Sonata Arctica fan stuff i guess it's the only thing i want to collect i guess

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've recently started to go a bit mad with Marvel hardcovers, I bought nearly forty of them in the last three of four months, but I only buy the ones Marvel call 'oversized', none of those crummy little Premiere editions lol.

I wouldn't say I collected them though as there's only a few more I want (the very new ones like Civil War HC are becoming too costly for me to get) and those ones are out of print.

I also have a few (20 or so) of the Bowen Marvel statues, Chrome Silver Surfer, Chrome Colossus which are lovely pieces but apart from that and a few million DVD my place is just full of ratty old paperbacks from the car boot sales.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I used to collect Zoids, but sold my collection several years ago. About the only thing I have left is a personalized license plate that says "Zoids".

That would explain your e-mail address. I kinda always wondered but never asked.

I still collect coins, but really half-heartedly. Growing up, I collected pennies, nickels and proof/mint sets. Now, proof sets are the only thing I have continued with. My wedding present from my wife was a penny...a 1909-S VDB (a semi-rare version of the first Lincoln cent). Today, it's worth 4x what my wife paid for it. More than anything, I like to tell the story "Yeah, my wife gave me a penny for a wedding present."

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

The Marvel Bown statues are just beautiful. His Spider-man ones of the red and blue costume and black costume are great.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm the same on the email addy...enlightened.

I collect small wooden boxes, don't ask me why. The wife does Boyds Bear Treasure Boxes.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosmic Geek View Post
    The Marvel Bown statues are just beautiful. His Spider-man ones of the red and blue costume and black costume are great.
    I have four Spidey ones, three Bowen, one Spider-Man Modern leaping of a rooftop and the museum poses of him in his normal suit and the black suit. Plus a mini Sideshow Diorama where Spidey is battling Venom.

DAMNIT! I know what I collect.....the one thing I truly collect are Lead figurines of Marvel and DC characters from Eaglemoss, these are a magazine partwork and come out every two weeks with a figurine and a magazine about the character. I must have about 150 so far , they retail at $12 in the states.

Some of my Marvel harcovers:-

Some of the Lead pieces:-

A few of my Bowens:-

If the images are too big let me know and i'll replace them with thumbs.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

No, I like the detail. Leave them the way they are. Very nice.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Really like the Thor Bowen statue, very nice.

Also liked how you had set up your red and blue and black Spidey ones.

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I collect the Spawn comic book since day one and I also collect Milwaukee Brewers/ Green Bay Packers bobbleheads......I have about 75 all together.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

That would explain your e-mail address. I kinda always wondered but never asked.

I still collect coins, but really half-heartedly. Growing up, I collected pennies, nickels and proof/mint sets. Now, proof sets are the only thing I have continued with. My wedding present from my wife was a penny...a 1909-S VDB (a semi-rare version of the first Lincoln cent). Today, it's worth 4x what my wife paid for it. More than anything, I like to tell the story "Yeah, my wife gave me a penny for a wedding present."
    [tangent] That's awesome! I'll tell you a brief story about the one I had. At the time (and most of the time) things were really tense between me and my mother's boyfriend (He collected coins since he was a kid. I did not.) and had been for years. He had also always been a violent drunk. One day I actually found one of those in my change from a 7-11 in VA. I held on to it. In an attempt at reconciliation when Christmas rolled around I went over my mom's and his house. I'd boxed it up in a old jewelry box and taped it to the lid with a piece of cardboard cut to size to conceal it and then wrapped it. As expected he'd been drinking hours before it was time to open presents. I insisted everybody got all their presents before he got his. Finally I gave him this box and told him this is what I think you're worth. (I wasn't gonna' make the reconciliation too easy. ) He opened it up, threw it across the room, and went into a blind rage; cursing and stomping around. After awhile he settled down and he'd talk to people excluding me. I simply said how about you go take another closer look. Well, after alot more cursing, drinking and insisting there was nothing in it and that I was just being an ass he went and checked and found it. I gave him a penny for christmas. It was great fun! [/tangent]

I've also always wondered about Jerome's email.

I collect things in general. The only things I actively collect though are books and vinyl.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool Colossus!

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Books are mainly what I collect.

I had a decent vinyl collection going, but my turn table quit on me and I realized that I didn't listen to my records enough to warrant getting another. I thought about keeping them to frame and hang in the rec room as "art" but greed ended up winning and I brought them to the local record guy in town. He was happy to get a stack of Porcupine Tree LPs! I kept 4 albums in case I find a turn table on the cheap - Lateralus by Tool, Fear of a Blank Planet by Porcupine Tree, We Sold Our Souls for Rock 'n Roll by Black Sabbath and This Right Here by Buck 65.

When I was younger I had a meager stamp collection that I still have.

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

I collect different things, as my interests seem to wax and wane. I'll become really interested in something, and want to know everthing there is to know about it and collect associated items where applicable . . . until something else grabbs my attention. Compulsive, but only moderately obsessive

Used to collect baseball cards when I was young (still have them), then that transitioned into Marvel comic cards (not sure if I have them, other than the special Spidey/Venom holo card I've still got in a case), and then that transitioned into Magic cards (which I sold) and Star Wars CCG cards (still have them). I also collected comics, and still have a big box of them, along with a book shelf of some newer stuff from when my comic interest was reviatalized a couple years back. Back in the day it was alot of Marvel and Image. Various X-men, Spawn, Ghost Rider, etc.

During college though, I started getting into the anime/manga stuff a bit more. Really like Masamune Shirow's work, got a bunch of his stuff. Original Eclipse issues of Appleseed, Ghost in the Shell, his various art books and portfolios. Also have original US set of the Epic Comics release of Akira, love Otomo's work as well. Also have a couple Yositaka Amano art books, as well Gaiman's The Dream Hunters that he illustrated.

Also started collecting animations cels from japanese anime as well a few years back, though I haven't bought any in quite a long time. It's also harder to do now a days for current shows, since so many are being done digitally. My focus was on Ryo-Ohki, the cute carrot crazy cabbit from Tenchi Muyo.

Big REM fan, so I also collect some of their stuff, mainly deluxe editions of their CD's, the fan club christmas packs, and some other items.

Have some other collectibles here and there, some Star Wars stuff, some figurines, vinyl from when I used to DJ, etc. Like I said, I just can't seem to keep my interests focused long enough to collect in one area long term.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Brice, that is one crazy story, man. That was one hell of a way to spend a Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    ... When I was younger I had a meager stamp collection that I still have.
    Hey, me too. I collected U.S. stamps. My mom was into it with me, I have no idea if any of it is worth anything, but I thought all the artwork on the different stamps was very cool. I've got the book in box around here somewhere, I should dig it up and go through it.

I used to collect comic books, but nothing of particular note, just whatever I was into at the time.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have an avid interest in Geology, no surprise since I'm a rockclimber. So I collect rocks from all the area I have visited. My son has picked up this interest too and sometimes we travel throughout CT to gather amythest crystals from a railroad cut, pan for gold, or rocky outcrop for anything of interest. There have been many a time when we headed home with our backpacks filled with treasure......well rocks anyway.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike-

That's WAY cool that your son shares your interest in rocks and climbing. You are a lucky father!

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Mike-

That's WAY cool that your son shares your interest in rocks and climbing. You are a lucky father!
    David,
    Yeah it is nice, he's only 11, so Dad is still cool, my 18 year old daughter is another story. Haha!

We also do a lot of Geocaching now too. Using a GPS to find hidden cache sites (treasure) outdoors. Your kids would probably like this, check out Geocaching.com ,type in your zipcode and you'll get a list of geocache sites near your house. There are cache site all over the world. I must warn you it does get addictive.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Besides books and comics(which I am thinking about selling), I have been collecting old bottles since 1988.

I also like old tins : spice tins, or food tins....

Life is a garden...dig it!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Recieved an interesting email from abebooks

Few days ago it was about the highest sales done on the website, now it is about "unusual bindings". there are some really nice binding out there !!!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I used to collect everything Star Wars up until about 7 or 8 years ago. I just finally finished selling off the last of my collection.
    My book collecting has also slowed to a complete crawl (need time to read what I have).

I wouldn't call it collecting, but I still buy a lot of CDs and vinyl. It's kind of fun digging through the vinyl bins in thrift stores (usually by the books, so I can cover both easily) looking to see what I can find.
    Mark Twain

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post
    I collect the Spawn comic book since day one and I also collect Milwaukee Brewers/ Green Bay Packers bobbleheads......I have about 75 all together.
    Apparently I'm not the only one in Wisconsin
    Mark Twain

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Nope, sure aren't.....somebody else here that knows the best cheese curds are those that really squeak loud

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Nope, sure aren't.....somebody else here that knows the best cheese curds are those that really squeak loud
    mmmmmmm, wisconsin cheese curds

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast