Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Nanowrimo

Gunslinger Apprentice arrawyn is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

hannah - cool! well, i bet thats more half-finished novels than most people out there! . better to have something than nothing - and it's a starting point - you can always finish them later

LOL @ your signature!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Pssh, no way i'm doing this, i've still yet to finish the novel i started two years ago! And before anyone asks, it's not because it's one of the biggest and most epically epics ever written, but because I'm lazy. Still, maybe aiming to finish it in a month is a good idea. No more excuses, no more lazy days. I've got a couple of months without having to worry about college coming up. Maybe it's time to get it finished once and for all. I don't know. One thing I do know: unlike a lot of stories i've worked on, which start with writing a few pages and then forgetting about them completely, this one i do intend to finish. Over seventy pages in so far, and whilst it's not much, it's better than my other novel beginnings!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

the good thing about the NANo month is that i makes you move onwards with the story, so if you get stuck on a part you worry it to death you just move the story along. Then (apparantley) you are supposed to come back and edit and revamp the bits you didnt like the first time around. WHich is were i had a Hugae FAIL!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Jack Torrance is on a distinguished road Jack Torrance's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    I've done it every year since 2006, so this'll be my fifth year doing it. I've never finished it. It seems like I always start out really strong and then peter off towards the last two weeks of the month. Every year I tell myself I'm going to finish it, and every year I don't. I have four half-finished novels laying around on my hard drive.
    See an important key to this system is communication between friends and family. You want everyone to know you are writing before you actually start writing. That was what really helped me to finish. Trust me I feel you, I had the same struggles as you. I hope you will participate this year and not be discouraged. I will be available for you and anyone else that would like to communicate their thoughts and ideas about writing.
    "You've had your whole F***ing life to think things over, what good's a few minutes minutes more gonna do you now?"

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Jack - thanks for the writing support! i think we'll all need some support during the process. that's a good idea telling all friends and family that you're writing so that they'll support you - i've told everyone i know just because i'm excited that i'm doing it!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

See if I were going to do this I'd go the opposite direction and not tell anyone until I was done.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

well this way (telling everyone) is more motivation for you to finish because if you don't you'll look stupid to everyone you've told j/k...(kind of ). but yeah, its more motivation because you'll have people behind you hoping you'll do well (and plus you probably wouldn't want to disappoint them afterwards)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It would seem my motivations are different from other's.

Truth is though I'm a bit more concerned with what I think of what I do then what other's opinions are. I do understand your meaning though. If I wrote a book my friends and family would find out when they passed it in the store.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

same for bears...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I started today, 1700 odd words, not bad for me I think I'll do more this evening. Anyone else kicked off today?

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I'm at 500 words or so. Not bad for me, but since I don't have time to write on the weekends I have to get 2273 every day this month.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

good luck to all, i am not going to get a chance to do this (gutted) but i will be your cheer leader

**go go go**

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm currently working on a screenplay so I'm unable to partake.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    See if I were going to do this I'd go the opposite direction and not tell anyone until I was done.
    They say that is the best method. Criticism both good and bad can hinder a writer. I know it's hindered me in the past. I refuse to let anyone see anything of my work beyond the first few pages.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    I've done it every year since 2006, so this'll be my fifth year doing it. I've never finished it. It seems like I always start out really strong and then peter off towards the last two weeks of the month. Every year I tell myself I'm going to finish it, and every year I don't. I have four half-finished novels laying around on my hard drive.
    If you feel the constrictions of NaNoWriMo aren't helping (I personally don't put much merit behind it myself) then simply re-approach it after a few weeks. Sometimes letting something simmer on the backburner and develop a life of it's own can be a healthy thing for a story. But it can have adverse side effects as the tone and direction can change. If you peter off after a few weeks make a note on the calender for a few weeks after. Don't work on outlines or anything in this time. Merely let the story and characters wander in and out of mind during day to day activities. If you don't find your story invading your thoughts then it probably means you don't have anything left in the tank for that particular story.

Country
    Country Flag

i've written just over 1800 words today and am hoping to write more before I go out to a concert tonight

my first year so i'm really excited! hope my excitement doesn't fizzle out! good luck to all!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just under 4000 words before I went to work this morning, got band practise tonight so I don't think I'll get much more done today, but I'm really enjoying it! I dreamt about my story last night and had some awesome ideas at work.

I've had the vague concept for years, but never did anything with it - don't want to jinx myself but right now it's flowing like it was telling itself

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

DAY TWO

GO GO GO MY WRITING CHAMPIONS

Country
    Country Flag

that's awesome darkthoughts!

i'm just over 3500 so i'm feeling good too!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

While I'm not writing a novel I am working on my screenplay. I'm curious to hear not details of your work, but merely premise and inspiration.

I'm writing something about a girl who has a unique condition. She can't physically feel anything, she's essentially paralyzed but she's able to be mobile. She starts seeing a therapist after discovering she has pancreatic cancer and it's too late to do anything about it. Due to her condition, she couldn't feel the pain or symptoms.

The inspiration comes from the link between phsyical feeling and emotonal feeling and how the absensce of touch can impact a life and the mind. It's been very interesting.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Candy I'm sending you you some pom poms, but in the meantime take this:

arrawyn, that's excellent!! I haven't managed to write anything this morning because I had other boring stuff to do that I couldn't put off any longer! But I'll do it this evening, I'm determined to write everyday or it becomes to easy to put it off.

Mattrick, that sounds really cool, especially for the fact that I can't think of anything else that I've seen that has the same premise

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

come on your writers

(sang in a football anthem type of way)

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

How's everyone getting on? I've fallen behind this week because of my shifts at work, but I think I'm off all next week and plan to do a major catch up. On around 9000 words.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

good luck to everyone!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast