Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Stumble

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious, and laced with profanity.

John tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else he could think of to do to 'clean up' the bird's vocabulary.

Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even ruder. John, in desperation, threw up his hand, grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer. For a few minutes, the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Then, suddenly, there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute. Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to the freezer. The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched hand and said 'I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior.'

John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird continued,
    'May I ask, please, what the turkey did?'

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

:long, tall and awesome:

yeah, i know. animal jokes.

Intelligent Dog
    A dog walks into a butcher shop, spends a number of minutes looking at the meat on display, and eventually indicates with a nod of his head and a bark that he would like some lamb chops.
    The butcher, thinking the dog would know no better, picks up the lowest quality chops in the shop.
    The dog barks furiously and continues to bark until the butcher selects the finest chops from the display counter.
    The butcher weighs the meat and asks the dog for $5.90. Again, the dog barks furiously until the butcher reduces the bill to the correct price of $3.60.
    The dog hands over a five dollar note and the butcher gives him 40 cents in change. Once again, the dog barks continuously until the butcher tenders the correct change. The dog then picks up his package and leaves the shop.
    Now, the butcher is extremely impressed and decides that he would like to own a dog so clever. He shuts up shop and follows the dog to see where it goes.
    After ten minutes or so, the dog climbs the steps to a house. When it gets to the top, it shakes its head as though in frustration, gently places the package of meat on the floor and, standing on its hind legs, rings the doorbell.
    A man opens the door and starts to yell obscenities at the dog. As he does so, the horrified butcher leaps up the steps and begs the man to stop. "It's such an intelligent dog," he says, "surely it doesn't deserve this kind of treatment."
    He then went on to explain how the dog had procured the best lamb chops in the shop, insisted on paying the advertised price and quibbled over incorrect change!
    The man looked at the butcher and said, "Intelligent he may be, but this is the third time this week he's forgotten his keys".

The Famous Pig
    A salesman is lost in a rural area and stops at a farm to get directions. As he is talking to the farmer he notices a pig with a wooden leg. "How did the pig get a wooden leg?", he asks the farmer.
    "Well", says the farmer, "that is a very special pig. One night not too long ago we had a fire start in the barn.
    "Well, sir, that pig set up a great squealing that woke everyone, and by the time we got there he had herded all the other animals out of the barn and saved everyone of them."
    "And that was when he hurt his leg?" asked the salesman.
    "Oh no" says the farmer. "He was fine after that. Though a while later I was in the woods out back and a bear attacked me. Well, sir, that pig was near by and he came running and set on that bear and chased him off. Saved me for sure."
    "So the bear injured his leg then," says the salesman.
    "Oh no. He came away without a scratch from that. Though a few days later my tractor turned over in a ditch and I was knocked unconscious. Well, that pig dove into the ditch and pulled me out before I drowned."
    "So he hurt his leg then?" asks the salesman.
    "Oh no," says the farmer.
    "So how did he get the wooden leg?" the salesman asks.
    "Well", the farmer tells him, "When you have a pig like that, you don't want to eat him all at once."

this here is wrong on so many levels:
    http://www.bash.org/?quote=608100

Some very nice photographs

thank god for sarcasm: that's what this is, just so you know. I'm still tagging it though.
    Regardign Gay Marriage

if you find that offensive i will remove it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Computer: Monitor, display this document, ok?

Monitor: No prob, boss.

Computer: OK, now it looks like Mouse is moving around so, Monitor, will you move the pointer icon accordingly?

Monitor: Anything you ask, boss.

Computer: Great, great. OK, Mouse, where are you going now?

Mouse: Over to the icon panel, sir.

Computer: Hmm, Let me know if he clicks anything, OK?

Mouse: Of course.

Keyboard: Sir, he's pressed control and P simultaneously.

Monitor: Oh God, here we go.

Computer: *sighs* Printer, are you there?

Printer: No.

Computer: Please, Printer. I know you're there.

Printer: NO! I'm not here! Leave me alone!

Computer: Jesus. OK look, you really ne...

Mouse: Sir, he's clicked on the printer icon.

Computer: Printer, now you have to print it twice.

Printer: NO! NO! NO! I don't want to! I hate you! I hate printing! I'm turning off!

Computer: Printer, you know you can't turn yourself off. Just print the document twice and we'll leave you alone.

Printer: NO! That's what you always say! I hate you! I'm out of ink!

Computer: You're not out of in...

Printer: I'M OUT OF INK!

Computer: *Sighs* Monitor, please show a low ink level alert.

Monitor: But sir, he has plen...

Computer: Just do it, damn it!

Monitor: Yes sir.

Keyboard: AHHH! He's hitting me!

Computer: Stay calm, he'll stop soon. Stay calm, old friend.

Keyboard: He's pressing everything. Oh god, I don't know, he's just pressing everything!

Computer: PRINTER! Are you happy now?! Do you see what you've done?!

Printer: HA! that's what you get for trying to get me to do work. Next time he...hey...HEY! He's trying to open me! HELP! HELP! Oh my god! He's torn out my cartridge! HELP! Please! ERROR!

Monitor: Sir, maybe we should help him?

Computer: No. He did this to himself.

[h1]A lesson for all employees who work with rude customers![/h1]
    An award should go to the Virgin Airlines gate attendant in Sydney for being customer focused, while making her point when confronted with a passenger who probably deserved to fly as cargo.
    A crowded Virgin flight was cancelled after one of their planes had been withdrawn from service. A single attendant was re-booking a long line of inconvenienced travellers.
    Suddenly an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk. He slapped his ticket down on the counter and said, I HAVE to be on this flight and it HAS to be NOW".
    The attendant replied, "I'm sorry sir. I'll be happy to try to help you, but I've got to help these people first, and I'm sure we'll be able to work something out."
    The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that the passengers behind him could hear, "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?"
    Without hesitating, the attendant smiled and grabbed her public address microphone: "May I have your attention please, may I have your attention please," her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal.
    "We have a passenger here at Gate14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him find his identity, please come to Gate 14."
    With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared at the Virgin attendant, gritted his teeth and said, "F... You!"
    Without flinching she smiled and said, "I'm sorry, sir, but you'll have to get in line for that too."

48 phrases we wish we could say at work

1. Ahhh... I see the f_ck-up fairy has visited us again...

2. I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.

3. How about never? Is never good for you?

4. I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.

5. I'm really easy to get along with once you people learn to worship me.

6. I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.

7. I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

8. I don't work here. I'm a consultant.

9. It sounds like English, but I can't understand a word you're saying.

10. I can see your point, but I still think you're full of shit.

11. I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid.

12. You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers.

13. I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don't give a damn.

14. I'm already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth.

15. I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you.

16. Thank you. We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.

17. The fact that no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.

18. Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental...

19. What am I? Flypaper for freaks!?

20. I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant.

21. It's a thankless job, but I've got a lot of Karma to burn off.

22. Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

23. No, my powers can only be used for good.

24. You sound reasonable... Time to up the medication.

25. Who me? I just wander from room to room.

26. And your crybaby whiny-ass opinion would be...?

27. Do I look like a people person?

28. This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

29. I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

30. You!... Off my planet!

31. Does your train of thought have a caboose?

32. Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.

33. A PBS mind in an MTV world.

34. Allow me to introduce my selves.

35. Whatever kind of look you were going for, you missed.

36. Well, this day was a total waste of makeup.

37. Not all women are annoying. Some are dead.

38. I'm trying to imagine you with a personality.

39. A cubicle is just a padded cell without a door.

40. Stress is when you wake up screaming and you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet

41. Can I trade this job for what's behind door one?

42. Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

43. Nice perfume. Must you marinate in it?

44. Chaos, panic, & disorder - my work here is done.

45. How do I set a laser printer to stun?

46. I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted the paychecks.

47. If I throw a stick, will you leave?

48. Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    These are absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for posting that Razz. I bookmarked the site.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Why I Don't watch Christmas Specials Anymore:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzxXC2eDFFw"]YouTube - It's A Black20 Christmas Charlie Brown: Sexy Back[/ame]

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Ultimate Rejection Letter

Herbert A. Millington
    Chair - Search Committee
    412A Clarkson Hall, Whitson University
    College Hill, MA 34109

Dear Professor Millington,

Thank you for your letter of March 16. After careful consideration, I
    regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me
    an assistant professor position in your department.

This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually
    large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field
    of candidates, it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite Whitson's outstanding qualifications and previous experience in
    rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at
    this time. Therefore, I will assume the position of assistant professor
    in your department this August. I look forward to seeing you then.

Best of luck in rejecting future applicants.

Sincerely,
    Chris L. Jensen

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I love that rejection letter.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.bmezine.com/news/people/A10101/addsub/

I don't care what anyone says, these people are fucking sick.

Country
    Country Flag

The Polite way to Pee

During one of her daily classes, a teacher trying to teach good manners, asked her students the following question:
    "Michael, if you were on a date having dinner with a nice young lady, how would you tell her that you have to go to the bathroom?
    " Michael said, "Just a minute I have to go pee." The teacher responded by saying, "That would be rude and impolite.
    What about you Sherman, how would you say it?"
    Sherman said , "I am sorry, but I really need to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back."
    "That's better, but it's still not very nice to say the word bathroom at the dinner table.
    And you, little Edward, can you use your brain for once and show us your good manners?"
    "I would say: Darling, may I please be excused for a moment? I have to shake hands with a very dear friend of mine, who I hope to introduce you to after dinner."

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

that daily kitten was so cute

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, you've converted me. This was particularly interesting:

http://digital-photography-school.co...re-photography

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Okay, you've converted me. This was particularly interesting:

http://digital-photography-school.co...re-photography
    nice find.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That was pretty cool, wasn't it?

ETA: This one is pretty funny!

http://www.msxnet.org/humour/girls-are-evil.jpg

ETA: As the girlfriend of a geek, I found this hysterically funny:

http://www.brunching.com/images/geekchartbig.gif

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG Squee!!!!

Daily Kitten

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

i love hiro the kitten...my mother had a cat like the one at the bottom of the page..white cat with one blue eye and one brown...that was awesome

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Awesome pic. I wish I could see it all in one.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast