Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Annual Haven Foundation Fundraiser--Past, Present, Future

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Just wanted to let everyone know that we have secured permission from Jerry Broz (GM) to film our giveaway this year at....

The Stanley Hotel

Look for more information on the drawing coming soon.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Just wanted to let everyone know that we have secured permission from Jerry Broz (GM) to film our giveaway this year at....

The Stanley Hotel

Awesome!

So will it be room 217 or room 237?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We thought 217 was the special one so I will see what is available.

However, if staying in there means we'll all be stuffed into one bed or something...we may not be able to pull if off.

We plan to film the giveaway videos on the grounds, lobby, hallways...that kind of thing.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

We thought 217 was the special one so I will see what is available.

However, if staying in there means we'll all be stuffed into one bed or something...we may not be able to pull if off.

We plan to film the giveaway videos on the grounds, lobby, hallways...that kind of thing.

217 in the novel

237 in the film

...and you know y'all would totally share the bed.

Really this sounds great.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

217 for sure then!!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm totally coming up for a drink.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to get totally warm and fuzzy here for a minute. I received a box back from Glen Chadbourne today and I'm going to post pics of his seriously generous contribution to our fund raiser.

However, that's not what this is about. It's about the idea that we have come together to raise money for Freelance Artists and it is those very Artists that have overwhelming come out to support the cause. The craft obviously creates a deep and giving community.

I would like to convey my deepest gratitude for all the Artists that have come out in support of our fund raiser this year, we all owe them an even stronger conviction towards the cause.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Matt - this whole fundraiser is a big, huge WARM and FUZZY !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The Stanley Hotel

Oh man, how cool is that?!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We're pretty excited about it for sure. I've never been there.

We are in the home stretch now you guys. If you have not donated to the fund raiser already, please consider doing so. It's a win/win situation for everyone involved.

If you have already donated, please consider doing so again.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

If we were to include all the money in the pipeline right now, our Haven Fundraiser would be at about $4500.00

So very close to our goal, what an amazing turn out this year.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news is my daughter Dawn and Sweet Lily grand baby are coming to visit us for our middle daughters graduation from HS. We're all so excited to see them we could just bust!

The bad news is because they are coming, we will not be able to spend Giveaway Weekend at The Stanley up at Estes Park. So the filming of the giveaway will not be there (this year )

However, Aaron and Hannah are going to drive over to visit us and we have a really amazing plan for the giveaway videos. Plus the obligatory drunken party to be webcast to whomever is interested.

This will all be the weekend of May 16th so just over a month away.

And I'm hoping we can all remember that the genesis of our Fund Raiser is to celebrate this site's anniversary every year. On Wednesday, May 19th--we will have officially been in operation for 2 years.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Bummer about having to delay The Stanley Hotel adventure, but the positives on the family side far outweigh it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OMG! I just realized that I have a commitment on 5/16 that I can't get out of!! Matt, are you guys gonna post the videos like last year? I'm soooooo bummed!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep!

All you will miss is the live party Gretchen---we have something really special planned for the video's. I hope they will be really funny.

Punto Ka dotKay is on a distinguished road dotKay's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep!

All you will miss is the live party Gretchen---we have something really special planned for the video's. I hope they will be really funny.
    As in "I can watch a live streaming"?

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep!

But I don't wanna miss any of it! **pouts** But I can't wait for the videos now!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dotKay View Post
    Yep!

As in "I can watch a live streaming"?
    That is correct.

I'm going to post a link to the thing when we get closer.

My Mood
    Gay

dotKay - Last year we spent the whole time in tears from all the laughing. You'll love it.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Punto Ka dotKay is on a distinguished road dotKay's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

omg omg omg i can't wait!!!

5/16 is my mother's birthday, but... i'm sorry mum... i've got an internet party to attend to xD

btw, 5/18 is MY bday, so we (the forum and i) can celebrate together *.*

My Mood
    Gay

Honestly, it really is a TDT community event and celebration. Lots of fun, for sure.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We really did have a great time last year, and it's a perfect way to get everyone together and celebrate the site's anniversary.

Which is actually the 19th.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Another announcement:

I am going to leave the text above the donation bar that says..."Ends May 19th 2009"

Even though it officially ends a few days earlier, the site celebration for the fundraiser and our anniversary will easily carry through the next week.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

This was a comment from Ms. Mod over at the SKMB in the pinned thread dedicated to our fund raiser.

On behalf of The Haven Foundation, many many thanks to Matticus and all who have donated so far to help provide grants for those in need.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast