Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Annual Haven Foundation Fundraiser--Past, Present, Future

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Our Annual Haven Foundation Fundraiser--Past, Present, Future

We have a lot of new members all the time so I decided to create a thread to explain our Haven Foundation Fundraiser. Since everyone who visits the site can read this forum, it might help to answer standard questions about what we're doing.

The Past

TheDarkTower.com was launched on May 19th, 2007. Early in 2008 when we began thinking of how to celebrate our year on the internet the idea to try and "give back" to Stephen King through his cause rose to the top at once.

So we launched an idea to raise as much money as possible for The Haven Foundation. Stephen King started the charity to help freelance artists like Frank Muller who suffered a terrible accident and could no longer perform recorded books. Frank was perhaps the best in the business in my personal opinion. Raising money for this cause is very near and dear to me because I am a huge fan of recorded books and freelance artists as a whole. I'm sure I speak for the entire staff when I say raising money for this cause is something that makes a person feel real good.

TheDarkTower.com donates 100% of the money we collect to Haven including things like shipping costs and Paypal fees.

Last year, we began set our goal at $1000.00 to start and smashed it early on. Our total donation of behalf of this site was $3307.00...a number that made this community stand up and cheer when the cashiers check was mailed out and received by The Haven Foundation. There is a list of everyone that contributed on our home page--some very big names there and we're getting them all back (plus a few more) this year.

We had games, auctions, merchandise and our climactic Giveaway at the end where everyone who participated had a chance at some great collectibles. You can see video of the drawings and what prizes were given away here.

It was a wonderful experience and we're already in full swing this year.

The Present:

As you can see by our donation bar on our main forum page, we are already knee deep in our goal for this year. We would like to go bigger and better (like we know we can) so the goal is set at $5000.00 and it would be phenomenal if our community could come up with it over the next five months.

Fundraiser ends 5/19/09

So here is a very quick link list to all the things we have going on for our Fund Raiser this year. This post will be updated as things progress.

• Donations--please see this link to make a paypal, check or money order donation
      • A mere $10.00 donation gets you an entry into our main giveaway and grand prize drawing
      • Every $10.00 after that is an entry in to the main giveaway
      • Only one entry per member for the Grand Prize drawing
    • !!Coming Soon!!--our list of 25 highly collectible items for the big Giveaway--we'll be paryting with more video's and an even cooler set up.
    • Auctions--watch our banner and this forum for auctions on great collectibles at very reasonable prices
      • Members who donated the items get sale equivalent in entries
      • Buyer will receive one entry per auction purchase
    • The DT.com Store--Very good deals on original fan art and TDT.com merchandise. 100% of the very reasonable mark up goes to The Haven Foundation
    • All kinds of fun games so everyone has a chance at a giveaway entry. Totally free to join and enjoy
    For those who are already participating you may find information about how to find out how many entries you have here.

The staff at TheDarkTower.com believes the best thing we can do as a community is motivate eachother to give back to those in need. As a group, we can make wonderful things happen.

The Future

TheDarkTower.com will be holding this fundraiser annually for as long as it exists. I believe it gives a half year (roughly) to be purpose driven towards a goal and that makes our community even more unified, more popular and stronger everytime we reach for what else we can do.

Hopefully this helps, I'm on vacation and had meant to do it for a while
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great recap, Matt - and thank you as always!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for breaking it all down.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks you guys. Hopefully it will be helpful for anyone looking for information all in one place.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great summary, Matt. This site, thanks to its wonderful members, rocks.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It really does

Ms. Mod on the SKMB is going to allow me to pin a thread over there about this. She is very impressed with the results of our fundraisers and wants to lend a hand as much as possible.

(I really ask a lot of her)

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

You guys would not believe the donations we are getting for 2009. The rest of the auctions and giveaway are going to be Amazing!!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

A package arrived from one of the members on the SKMB. You guys are going to LOVE this.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd also like to give a board shout out to Mike Perkins who was kind of enough to contact me concerning our Fund Raiser.

Mike does the artwork for the new Marvel Series...The Stand.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, that's so cool to hear.
    He's an AWESOME artist!
    It's wonderful to know he's a good guy, as well.

The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

He has something very special planned for us.

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, be still my comic collectors heart !

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

i'd like to resign my position as director so I can participate in the giveaway. as soon as it's over i will rescind my resignation.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

SHIT!!

I didn't know we could do that.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You can't.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The directors are all gonna' demote each other.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Brice,

I have to tell ya I love that quote Re your Certificate. Its a classic. Keep doing that voodoo, that you do, so well!!!! lol

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

All of this weeks auctions are now open.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

And they are already HOT, HOT, HOT!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    And they are already HOT, HOT, HOT!!
    Placed a bid on the Jae Lee item!! (Ok, I admit it just posted for the 100th post) lol But still looks like a nice item!!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the bid, it really is a cool item.

We had Jae Lee visit us in Vegas when we had our gathering, great guy

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I have over 100.00 in donations I still need to add to the donation bar and 4 new auctions to put up....oh, and work.

I promise it will all happen today!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Thanks Matt, I sent what I could, who knows maybe I'll win the sweepstakes before the big day!! After that we'll all think we won the big prize, cuz the "party" will be awesome"

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Gay

waiting on the new auctions waiting on the new auctions

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I have them scheduled for tomorrow but thought it would be a good idea to go ahead and start them today.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast