Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why do we need fantasy worlds or movies and things stuff like that?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mordred,

I am very sorry if my remark seemed to be directed against you personally, while it was directed only against your statement about the Inquisition, which seemed to me mythological - as opposed to historical. I am, however, willing to apologize for whatever inadvertent offense I've made, and I have to beg everyone to reserve any attacks against people's religioins, - even those which might seem mild or based on common knowledge, - to religious threads. Especially since we've just given an example of how explosive the topic is.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts
    Actually, I do enjoy a bit of religious D&D - is there anywhere we can start some here...or would you rather we didn't go there?
    There is no such place right now, but you can always create one.

Quote Originally Posted by Letti
    I think we need fantasy worlds to have a place to escape. That's all.
    It doesn't mean (for me) that life sucks.
    It may be so, but why do we need fantasy for that? Can't any other kind of literature help us escape if we need that? Any story is not the story of our life, so, logically, any writer describes another world where we can go, away from our every-day life?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Some people escape here some people escape there. Maybe I don't have a fantasy world because I write.. I don't know.

Roland would have understood.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Some people escape here some people escape there. Maybe I don't have a fantasy world because I write.. I don't know.
    I think that may be the reason. When I write, I notice that the part of my soul responsible for maintaining those fantasy worlds becomes dormant. (isn't it time you wrote and posted something new, by the way?........)

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Jean, I cry yer pardon.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Unless it's towards CK, then it's just fun and games.
    And good for your health too don't forget!
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Jean, I cry yer pardon.
    thine is a noble soul, sai!

Country
    Country Flag

This pic above Jean rocked my heart.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn. Major teddybear cutness. I will die from the cute!!!!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Damn. Major teddybear cutness. I will die from the cute!!!!
    Oh please don't.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

But it would be a happy death.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    But it would be a happy death.
    Cry your pardon, sai but not for me.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Okay speaking of death, the lovey dove-ness and sweetness in this thread is about to kill me.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

why am I not surprized???

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Poor CK. Too many warm fuzzies in the world.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Okay speaking of death, the lovey dove-ness and sweetness in this thread is about to kill me.
    Poor Matthew. I am so sorry. *goes to look for an axe*

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I need fantasy worlds because the real one sucks so much.
    I second that emotion.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In our fantasy worlds, things can be like we want them to be. We can feel, live, do whatever we want. No limitations! In my real life, I don't have a frickin choice sometimes. It can just plain suck, as other people have already mentioned.

Country
    Country Flag

Can we say that our human mind is not able to accept that there are things we can't get?
    I know it's a bit philosophical but I would be interested in your answers.

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, I think it can accept that fact. It doesn't mean liking the fact though.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

A weird thing I have sometimes though, is that I try and limit myself in my fantasy worlds too sometimes. Like say I wanted to be able to fly AND shoot lasers out my eyes AND be psychic, I'll find myself thinking "C'mon, you can't have ALL those things! Maybe I'll just go with the flying." Helloooo!! Its fantasy Lisa - you CAN have anything you want!! Does anyone else do this?

Country
    Country Flag

I would totally want all of Superman's powers (not his weakness though...but shit, there really isn't such a thing as kyptonite, so who cares?) but I would also really dig telepathy. Being invisible would be totally fun as well.

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't like to have superpowers... I would be able to handle them well. Big reponsibility...

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

"With great power comes great responsibility" /Spiderman

I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast