Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 425 of 430 FirstFirst ... 325 375 415 423 424 425 426 427 ... LastLast
Results 10,601 to 10,625 of 10740

Thread: Introduce yourself

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Ryan!

Traveler Rydog will become famous soon enough Rydog will become famous soon enough

Thank You, trying to get used to everything on here. Can be kind of overwhelming.

Kilgore Trout valtr0n is on a distinguished road valtr0n's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if anyone I used to know still comes here..

If so, hello.

Don't you get it?! We are the walking dead! We are the walking dead...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rydog View Post
    Thank You, trying to get used to everything on here. Can be kind of overwhelming.
    It's a bit overwhelming at first. It actually makes a kind of sense though. Take your time and figure it out. We don't kill anyone for their first mistake.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by valtr0n View Post
    I wonder if anyone I used to know still comes here..

If so, hello.
    Perhaps.
    It's also possible you may know me as Walter O' dim from another message board.
    and...
    WELCOME RYAN!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler Nort has a spectacular aura about Nort has a spectacular aura about Nort has a spectacular aura about Nort's Avatar

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    (At a Borders bookstore when I was 14, browsing the Horror section)

Who is your favorite character?
    Eddie Dean

What is your favorite book?
    Book VII (IV is a close second)

How old are you?
    Delah

Where are you from?
    Maine

do you have a nickname?
    Yes. But call me, Nort.

how did you find this site?
    I attended a signing many and many’a with the DT.org folks

Traveler Nort has a spectacular aura about Nort has a spectacular aura about Nort has a spectacular aura about Nort's Avatar

Quick question: could a friendly stranger please point me to the best forum for making a post about a Michael Whelan print I have, about which I’m looking for more info?

Thank you!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You will need to have 5 posts before you can post an image, or send a PM.
    Please PM me with the image.

Sounds good—thanks, RF!

One more post and I’ll send it your way.

Gunslinger Apprentice Jorge will become famous soon enough Jorge will become famous soon enough Jorge's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheeky
    Country
    Country Flag

Hoo boy, tempted to reintroduce myself. I am a dramatically different person than I was in… 2007? Oh God, I’m ready to crumble to dust.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Welcome all the new people, and people that are back.

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Nort & Jorge!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, all!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME, NORT

As always, good to see you Jorge!!

Traveler Sharo is a jewel in the rough Sharo is a jewel in the rough Sharo is a jewel in the rough

Okay, I really did INTEND to stick around last time I was here but THIS time I mean it.

Hey, hello. I'm Sharo. I've been here before... ...and before that, some years previous... and before that, as well.

A great deal has changed since I first read the books at 19 and started showing up at previous incarnations of this forum, it's been literally 15 years since the first time I picked up the Gunslinger, but, well, once a tower junkie, always a tower junkie, huh?

Fingers crossed let's hope this time I don't lose track of the site for a couple years like I did last time.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME again, Sharo!!

Along the Path of the Beam Baalrogg is a jewel in the rough Baalrogg is a jewel in the rough Baalrogg is a jewel in the rough Baalrogg is a jewel in the rough Baalrogg's Avatar

Long days and pleasant nights, everyone!

I created an account earlier this year as I was advised to register my S/L Dark Tower books with the database in Calvin's Corner, and although I've crept around sometimes, I haven't posted very much yet, and I haven't actually given a proper introduction.

I'm 31 and located in the Midwestern United States. I've been a nearly lifelong Stephen King fan and collector (IT pulled me in at a young age and I never came back out of the rabbit hole... er, sewer drain.). Some of the wonderful collections posted here dwarf what I could ever hope to accomplish in my own collecting, and they're truly thrilling and magnificent to see. I'm happy with my own collection though - if you always focus on what you're missing instead of enjoying what you have, you'll never be satisfied. Of course that doesn't mean I intend to stop chasing or growing my collection, just the opposite.

I've never been able to pinpoint a favorite book or character. There are so many vying for the top spots, and whenever I attempt to crown one the others make too compelling of a case for themselves and override me. Which is okay, I've never been one for picking favorites anyway.

See you all around!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    Hoo boy, tempted to reintroduce myself. I am a dramatically different person than I was in… 2007? Oh God, I’m ready to crumble to dust.
    bro, welcome back!?!?

that av of yours is untangling the cobwebs of my memory.

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Baalrogg!

Traveler Atomik Kinder will become famous soon enough Atomik Kinder will become famous soon enough

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I want to say I was in High School, I remember talking to a teacher, who was also a huge Stephen King fan about the book. He was unable to find it. I know exactly where I purchased the book. It was the second edition from Grant, I ended up buying the Signed Limited Edition of The Drawing of the Three and paid, what I thought was a lot of money back then. LOL. I have all of same numbered editions for all of the other signed King books from Grant.

Who is your favorite character? Roland of course

What is your favorite book? Wizard and Glass

How old are you? Will be 55 in just a few weeks

Where are you from? Omaha, which brings me to the question... Why does King mention Omaha in almost all of his books?

do you have a nickname? No

how did you find this site? I was looking for a Billy Summers info in Google and you popped up.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME Baalrogg and Atomik!!!

Traveler 2ndGenFan will become famous soon enough 2ndGenFan will become famous soon enough 2ndGenFan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello, everyone! I’ve been a lurker for several years and felt I was finally ready to “come out of the closet,” so to speak. You all have provided me with a lot of entertainment, education, and inspiration over the years, and I hope I have some opportunities to pay it forward and contribute, for a change.

My name’s Amber, and I can confirm that the SK fan gene is hereditary. I grew up seeing my mother’s SK copies in every corner of the house, and I picked one up for the first time when I was 11 or 12. My mom and I didn’t always see eye to eye, but SK was always our sacred, common ground. When she passed away in 2015, I became more serious about building my collection.

My all-time favorite book was always The Stand. I didn’t read the DT series for several years, because I was the asshole that “didn’t think I’d like it.” Once I finally did read the series, The Stand has held the #2 spot ever since.

As a broke collector, I don’t have a lot of the beautiful copies that many of you have - I’ve had to settle for living vicariously! My most prized possessions (other than my husband and kids, of course) are: a signed 1st of Danse Macabre, purchased from David at Bett’s in 2017, and 1sts of Night Shift, The Stand, The Shining, and all of the DT series, except The Gunslinger (I do have the 5 F&SF magazines).

Anyways, thanks for allowing me into the community, and I’m looking forward to getting to know everyone!

-Amber

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

welcome to the community. Have a look around. Once you have made 5 posts, more of the site will open up for you.

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Amber!

Traveler 2ndGenFan will become famous soon enough 2ndGenFan will become famous soon enough 2ndGenFan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you both!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 425 of 430 FirstFirst ... 325 375 415 423 424 425 426 427 ... LastLast