Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 318 of 430 FirstFirst ... 218 268 308 316 317 318 319 320 328 368 418 ... LastLast
Results 7,926 to 7,950 of 10740

Thread: Introduce yourself

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the welcome!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Thanks for the welcome!!
    Happy to oblige. You are a member of the greatest Stephen King Fan site on the World Wide Web and RF is :

TMIDITW!!!

Figure that one out and I will provide you with a "Grand Prize" drawing entry myself!!

Hint!!

Spoiler:
    He doesn't always drink beer, but when he does, it's IPA!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The Most Interesting Darkman In The World?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

*cough* Director *cough*

Pay up Bill, that was close enough
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Haha.. oh man. I wouldn't have guessed that. I thought the D would be a King reference and since the board name was Randall Flagg... I thought the logical answer was Darkman.. though Dark Man is probably two worlds. Was worth a shot!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was The Most Intimidating Dictator?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill is on record as it being 'interesting'
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    *cough* Director *cough*

Pay up Bill, that was close enough
    Yes, I suppose so, it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I thought it was The Most Intimidating Dictator?
    Shame on you, Bears!! Bears, are more noble than this!!

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Bill is on record as it being 'interesting'
    Yes The Most Interesting Director In The World!!! Congrats, Aronstg you now have an entry into the Haven Fund Grand Prize Drawing for a signed King book!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I wasn't fully correct but I won't say no to that! I also donated last night

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I wasn't fully correct but I won't say no to that! I also donated last night
    Via the "Paypal widget"??? Regardless, then you will have two entries depending on the amount you donated of course. Welcome to The Haven Fund Raiser!!!

BTW, there are still cool items to come up for auction!! You won't get these anywhere but, The Haven Fund Raiser!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

No I didn't do the paypal widget because it asked to donate by send it as a gift and I wanted to be able to include a message. I hope I did it right.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

No I didn't do the paypal widget because it asked to donate by send it as a gift and I wanted to be able to include a message. I hope I did it right.
    I'm sure you did just fine. Again, Welcome to the Haven Fund Raiser!!! Many thanks for your generosity!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

For future reference, It IS possible to include a message when paying via the widget, but if you blink you may miss it. At the final payment stage is a text box where you can add your message.

Thanks for your donation!

Traveler HeroesDieYoung is on a distinguished road

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    Picked up The Wastelands at a used book store, not realizing there was a series or that this was part of it.

Who is your favorite character?
    Sheemie. He has always been willing to do anything at all for his friends.

What is your favorite book?
    Wizard and Glass.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    central Florida

Do you have a nickname, just a shortened handle: "heroes"

I'm surprised that it's taken me this long to stumble across this site, it seems to have been around for a while. I was looking for images for the tattoo I'm putting together, and because I'd really like to find a stretched canvas print of the tower.

This deviantart user, yoonis I believe, made this which is pretty awesome. Makes me wish there was an artistic bone in my body. Lacking that, though, I wish I could find someone else with artistic bones, I've been so far unsuccessful :-(

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Heroes! Please post often!

John

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the Camp. Guess you all know why we are here.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the machine!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!

And kudos to those who dontated to The Haven Fund! =)
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Traveler SirJohn is on a distinguished road SirJohn's Avatar

First visit here. COOL SITE. I've been a big fan of King for quite some time now. I first discovered his work when I read The Shining at the age of eleven. Was hooked immediately. The dark tower series is nothing short of mind blowing. Wizard and Glass is one of the greatest books ever written... by anybody as far as I am concerned! Anyway, I'm going to look around and hang out when I can... time is one of the things that I do not have in abundance I am afraid. Glad I found this place.

-SJ

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SirJohn View Post
    First visit here. COOL SITE. I've been a big fan of King for quite some time now. I first discovered his work when I read The Shining at the age of eleven. Was hooked immediately. The dark tower series is nothing short of mind blowing. Wizard and Glass is one of the greatest books ever written... by anybody as far as I am concerned! Anyway, I'm going to look around and hang out when I can... time is one of the things that I do not have in abundance I am afraid. Glad I found this place.

-SJ

Welcome!!!

BTW, Sir John you need 5 posts to obtain full member privileges. So get posting!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Sir John. Please feel free to join in!

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Be sure to visit the "Haven Fund" in it's own forum and the auction items in "Calvin's Corner"!!!! Many wonderful items are available as well as in the "Rachel Readman" threads. Explore!!!

You may even want to join the "Minions"!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler SirJohn is on a distinguished road SirJohn's Avatar

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

-SJ

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

English teacher when I was a wee lad gave me a copy of The Eyes of the Dragon not too long after release, been reading everything King writes ever since. Everything from Misery on I have in 1st/1st just because my mother always bought them for me when they came out, and I'll always treasure my beat up copy of Misery because of it.

Who is your favorite character?

Gonna go outside TDT for this one (kind of) and say Ralph Roberts.

What is your favorite book?

For TDT, W&G. For everything, probably Insomnia with The Long Walk coming in a close second. Desperation is probably next, but there are some additional qualifiers when it comes to Desperation which are 1. My mom bought and delivered it to me right after I had my appendix out, and I spent the next 24 hours reading most of it, slept for a while, then woke up and finished it. Not sure how much of that is because I loved it (which I do) and how much is because I couldn't get to sleep due to abdominal pain. And 2. the novel is set in a small mining town in Northern Nevada. I work in the mining industry, in a small town in Northern Nevada (but not Ruth). Though that's kind of an ancillary reason, since I loved it long before that was true for me.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Currently reside in Northern Nevada. Recently moved here from Alaska. Was born and grew up in Iowa.

do you have a nickname?

Frankie is my nickname within the mafia. Just because I look like a guy who was named Frankie who is no longer with us. My actual name is Nick.

how did you find this site?

Was a member of the old site, pretty sure .net, but I never posted a huge amount. I could be off on the timing and situation, but pretty sure I missed .com completely. Started "collecting" I think around 2002 but it only happened in fits and starts since I was mostly in college then and never had any money. Before then I was just buying/receiving books to read, even though before I started really collecting I already had 25 or so 1st/1sts (though of course 1st of that vintage aren't worth a hell of a lot).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 318 of 430 FirstFirst ... 218 268 308 316 317 318 319 320 328 368 418 ... LastLast