Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 260 of 430 FirstFirst ... 160 210 250 258 259 260 261 262 270 310 360 ... LastLast
Results 6,476 to 6,500 of 10742

Thread: Introduce yourself

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TooterFish View Post
    Hile, fellow Dark Tower follwers.

Nice to find a forum on the DT. Finishing up on the last book now. Well...

How did I discover the Dark Tower?

--naturally. I have been reading King since middle school, and once King completed all of the series, I finally found the time (while my husband is deployed) and started reading. I started in March and in two months I am on the last one.

Fav Character? Tie between Roland and Jake

Fav Book? The Drawing of the Three....of King's works, IT

Age 33 Born Winchester, Virginia Nickname: many....

Glad to have found you guys! Long Days and Pleasant Nights. My profile pic is of my 1st Dark Tower tattoo. I would like to get a sleeve done paying hommage to the DT....
    Tooterfish,

Welcome to the show!! Please pull up a chair and sit for a while

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Traveler TooterFish is on a distinguished road TooterFish's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

thanks for the welcome! Nice pic Cook, isnt that one of the posters than hung in Andy's cell in The Shawshank Redemption?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Greetings, TooterFish !

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

thanks for the welcome! Nice pic Cook, isnt that one of the posters than hung in Andy's cell in The Shawshank Redemption?
    Why yes it is indeed, thanks for noticing. (you are the 1st to mention)
    This picture has always made me smile.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Why yes it is indeed, thanks for noticing. (you are the 1st to mention)
    This picture has always made me smile.
    She is the title character, after all.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Greetings to all new comers!

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Greetings and salutations! Hope you enjoy your new home!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay! I figured it was Cook...and yes lol, that is the title lady in the Shawshank story.

I have just finished the last book of The Dark Tower. Wow. I can't even put into words what all I am thinking/feeling. I am sad, but far from dissappointed. To sum it all up, if Roland has hope, then someone like me can have it too. And I say thankya

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay! I figured it was Cook...and yes lol, that is the title lady in the Shawshank story.

I have just finished the last book of The Dark Tower. Wow. I can't even put into words what all I am thinking/feeling. I am sad, but far from dissappointed. To sum it all up, if Roland has hope, then someone like me can have it too. And I say thankya
    Not quite the last book.
    King has a pre/mid/sequel whatever it's called, coming out next year.

Traveler Oy!Oy! is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello everyone! I chose the name Oy!Oy! cause I loved that perky character!I'm new here and thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself.Dont have an avatar yet.Just heard of this site from the SK site today. So far this looks like a great place to be! I am married to a wonderful man and have two grown children (sons-one of whom is married) and three adorable grandchildren:11 & 8 yr.old boys and our lil 9month old princess. We're working real hard to spoil her rotten!lol. Thanks for allowing me into your site and I appreciate the opportunity to chat with you about the Dark Towers series! Course I love many of--ok most of SK's books but the DT's hold a special place in my readers heart!
    Long days pleasant nights!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Oy!Oy! View Post
    Hello everyone! I chose the name Oy!Oy! cause I loved that perky character!I'm new here and thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself.Dont have an avatar yet.Just heard of this site from the SK site today. So far this looks like a great place to be! I am married to a wonderful man and have two grown children (sons-one of whom is married) and three adorable grandchildren:11 & 8 yr.old boys and our lil 9month old princess. We're working real hard to spoil her rotten!lol. Thanks for allowing me into your site and I appreciate the opportunity to chat with you about the Dark Towers series! Course I love many of--ok most of SK's books but the DT's hold a special place in my readers heart!
    Long days pleasant nights!
    Oy!Oy!

“Welcome ever smiles..... And farewell goes out sighing.”

Very nice to meet you

Along the Path of the Beam The Gasherman is on a distinguished road

Hello my wery pert adventurers!

So many great characters, but Eddie and Gasher are my favorites.

My favorite book is The Wastelands. The stretch of the tale from the Send crossing to Blaine's doom is probably the most interesting stuff I have ever read. Although I was rightly peeved at the ending with no continuation in sight.

The South Florida Swamplands, but currently reside in Plano, TX.

Satchel

I got into the DT series when my friend Justin loaned me the first three books in 94.
    Last edited by The Gasherman; 05-05-2011 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Changed wert to wery ;)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Gasherman View Post
    Hello my wery pert adventurers!

So many great characters, but Eddie and Gasher are my favorites.

My favorite book is The Wastelands. The stretch of the tale from the Send crossing to Blaine's doom is probably the most interesting stuff I have ever read. Although I was rightly peeved at the ending with no continuation in sight.

The South Florida Swamplands, but currently reside in Plano, TX.

Satchel

I got into the DT series when my friend Justin loaned me the first three books in 94.
    Well met and Welcome Gasherman!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Gasherman,

As they say in Texas; "We've howdied but we ain't shook yet"
    Welcome to the Tower!

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Cook? Are the one who poisoned the children? LOL

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    Cook? Are the one who poisoned the children? LOL
    I'm laughing, but maybe I should be scared?
    Your gonna have to help me on this one... I'm so confused, is there something I missed?

My Mood
    Worried

Have you not gotten that far in the dark tower series that you wouldn't get the reference?

Don't be scared. It's just a joke.

Besides. I'm mostly harmless.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like now is the time for a reread, it has been awhile.
    Thanks.. Nice to meet you.

Traveler bango steve is on a distinguished road

Hello! I've been trying for a while to get my posts to go through, looks like it might work this time...and sucess!

Traveler bango steve is on a distinguished road

...and sucess!

My Mood
    Worried

I'd hate to put any spoilers in here, Cook... but when you DO re-read it, perhaps you will laugh at the joke...

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    Hello!

I'm noticing that most of all the new sign ups are people I don't know. I say we introduce ourselves a bit here before the big launch.

answer any or all and add your own questions.

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

Who is your favorite charcter?

What is your favorite book?

How old are you?

Where are you from?

do you have a nickname?

My best friend/ next door neighbor introduced me to them when we were 12, Eddie or Roland, WAG or DotT, 20 (birthday at the end of the month, finally) from Chicago, TRV or D
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    I'd hate to put any spoilers in here, Cook... but when you DO re-read it, perhaps you will laugh at the joke...
    Now I can't wait, believe me the mind (memory) really is the first thing... What was I saying?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Got the DT Concordance the other day..its actually pretty awesome! I recommend it. And yes, Cook, I am looking forward to SKs new DT book. (I have been a SK library member since 2000)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 260 of 430 FirstFirst ... 160 210 250 258 259 260 261 262 270 310 360 ... LastLast