Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 234 of 430 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 232 233 234 235 236 244 284 334 ... LastLast
Results 5,826 to 5,850 of 10742

Thread: Introduce yourself

Traveler Bear667 is on a distinguished road Bear667's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    Just picked it up at a bookstore one day. I like SK's work, and figured I'd give it a shot.

Who is your favorite charcter?

Roland .

What is your favorite book?
    Wizard and Glass.

How old are you? 37

Where are you from?

Iowa, U.S.A.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Bear and Solid, great to meet you two.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Traveler TheDarkel is on a distinguished road TheDarkel's Avatar

I found a copy of "The Gunslinger" on a plane. I was hooked instantly.

Who is your favorite character?
    Walter/Jonas

Wizard and Glass

How old are you?

do you have a nickname?
    "Darkel"

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site darkle, great to meet you.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Traveler lukenet19 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi! It's great there is place like this!

My friend told me about The Gunslinger about 10 years ago...

Roland, Eddie, Cort..

The Gunslinger

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Horice in Czech republic

do you have a nickname?
    many...

Traveler JerricaDeschain is on a distinguished road JerricaDeschain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My brother and my Dad read them when I was younger and loved them so much. I started reading The Gunslinger when I was in high school, but didn't finish the book. I read the entire series while I was in college in a short period of time. Best book series ever written, and I can't even say I'm a huge Stephan King fan.

Who is your favorite character? Jake! & Oy of course! But I love them all. <3

What is your favorite book? Hmm... probably Wastelands, but it's a tough choice.

How old are you? 22

Where are you from? Pittsburgh, PA

do you have a nickname? none, just Jerrica. =)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Welcome Luke and Jerrica!!!

Make yourselves at home - lots of fun stuff here!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Traveler lukenet19 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks turtlex! ...

Traveler brightmidnight71 is on a distinguished road

Well, my father has always been a big Stephen King fan and I started making my way through his collection of hardcovers starting in about 5th grade. I read an old paperback of Eyes of the Dragon that he had and thought the Dark Tower books would be similar. I had already read The Stand and a friend of mine told me Flagg was in the Dark Tower series as well, so that was enough for me.
    My dad had a copy of The Gunslinger and Wastelands, though he had read them so long before that he didn't really remember them, or why he bought books 1 and 3 and not 2. So, I read The Gunslinger, which was the old version, and was instantly hooked after he massacred Tull. Then came the misery of waiting for a new book after Wizard and Glass was published. When the final three started coming out, my father re-read the whole series with me and got into it as much as I did.

Roland has always been my favorite. It's an obvious and boring choice, I guess. Oy is a close second.

The Drawing of the Three. I love how King starts the novel with the protagonist in such a horrible situation. I can read that book over and over.

How old are you?
    27, if it do ya.

Where are you from?
    Jersey

do you have a nickname?
    not really

Gunslinger Apprentice woodpryan is on a distinguished road woodpryan's Avatar

Well, my father has always been a big Stephen King fan and I started making my way through his collection of hardcovers starting in about 5th grade. I read an old paperback of Eyes of the Dragon that he had and thought the Dark Tower books would be similar. I had already read The Stand and a friend of mine told me Flagg was in the Dark Tower series as well, so that was enough for me.
    My dad had a copy of The Gunslinger and Wastelands, though he had read them so long before that he didn't really remember them, or why he bought books 1 and 3 and not 2. So, I read The Gunslinger, which was the old version, and was instantly hooked after he massacred Tull. Then came the misery of waiting for a new book after Wizard and Glass was published. When the final three started coming out, my father re-read the whole series with me and got into it as much as I did.
    sounds like a pretty neat bonding experience with your father brightmidnight71. I admire and envy that. i should come over here more often. The answers to these questions are pretty facinating. I didn't even answer them when I first joined. I just came in and said hello. I suppose I'll go ahead and answer them now.

I was 16 years old and I wanted to read wizard and glass because I liked the cover, read the back, and was intrigued. It was a copy owned by my at-the-time stepfather and he told me I couldn't read it. He ended up getting me a boxed set for Christmas that had the first three in trade paper back. I got four Alice in Chains CDs the same year and I read all four of the books while my CD player spun them over and over. Now every time I listen to AIC, I think of The Dark Tower. I loved the stories and was agonized in waiting for the last three to come out, rushing out to the store to buy them the day they were released.

I know that this answer gets tired but, Roland. Simply because I can relate to the man. I'm very dry humored and hard to read. My fiance can tell you that she was reminded of me while she read about Roland.

From the fiance's point of view... Yes, Roland reminds me very clearly of Ryan; and, yes, Ryan is also insanely hard to read.

Wizard and Glass by far. I loved them all (except Song of Susannah, sorry. I hated it) but even though I'm a very dry person, I'm a sucker for a really great and realistic love story. I loved the tragic ending and my favorite battle scene is in this book
    Spoiler:
    with Cuthbert riding behind the big coffin hunters with his sling shot.

How old are you?
    I'm 23 now.

Where are you from?
    Madison, Alabama, formerly El Paso, Texas. I've set most of my stories in fictional Shelton, Texas, a little over fifty miles outside of El Paso.

Traveler brightmidnight71 is on a distinguished road

[quote=woodpryan;515294]
    I got four Alice in Chains CDs the same year and I read all four of the books while my CD player spun them over and over. Now every time I listen to AIC, I think of The Dark Tower. I loved the stories and was agonized in waiting for the last three to come out, rushing out to the store to buy them the day they were released.
    Thanks man, it was a great experience with my dad. In fact, that's one of the few ways we did bond and still do, through Stephen King books and movies.

Alice in Chains...yeah man. That's so funny. When Wolves finally came out I was in college and just got into Johnny Cash. I re-read the series from the beginning when I heard the new one was coming out, and Johnny Cash always sounds like the tower to me.
    I had the same thing with AIC's Facelift and The Crow...brief obsessions that occur at the same time in your life form strange associations that last for a very long time.

Gunslinger Apprentice woodpryan is on a distinguished road woodpryan's Avatar

I had the same thing with AIC's Facelift and The Crow...brief obsessions that occur at the same time in your life form strange associations that last for a very long time.
    Yeah, there's term for that in psychology. I can't remember what it is right now. Either it's because I haven't slept in 24 hours or because my mind decided to forget everything I learned there after obtaining my A. *sighs* oh well.

Gunslinger Apprentice arrawyn is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all newbies! i'm sure you'll enjoy this site as much as I have since I joined just a little while ago

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome new members.

Sloth Love Chunk

Traveler Dark_Tower_Junkie is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished the last one...and am sad it is all over. Moving to the graphic novels now...finished the first one of those...on the Battle of Jericho.

Traveler l0rdhelmet223 is on a distinguished road

howdy all, I just signed up on here today... I finished the series probly 4 months ago and am looking to start reading em over again soon as I can borrow em again... by far the BEST story I've ever read.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by l0rdhelmet223 View Post
    howdy all, I just signed up on here today... I finished the series probly 4 months ago and am looking to start reading em over again soon as I can borrow em again... by far the BEST story I've ever read.
    What? You went over my helmet? (haha love your name)

Welcome to the site. We will be doing a group reread this summer, it has already begun as a matter of fact.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Traveler John Cullum is on a distinguished road John Cullum's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    Hello!

answer any or all and add your own questions.

My little brother knows I love Stephen King. He bought the 1st book, I read it and was hooked. Within a month I read all 7.

Who is your favorite character?
    That's a hard one.
    Obviously Roland because he's the first we meet and the character the series is centered around.
    But King did such good job letting us get to know all the characters that it's almost as if they've become "friends".

Of the Dark Tower series:
    The Gunslinger. For no reason more than had I not read it, I'd have not known about the rest.

All time favorite:
    Swan Song

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    The US

do you have a nickname?
    Nope.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler dwash57 is on a distinguished road

I'm kinda new to SK (2 years listening to audiobooks) and have done the entire 7 DT series 5 times. I can not believe what a GREAT journey this is. I have talked many of my friends into reading or listeneing to it and all have become totally lost in the story. I can't thank SK enough for this story. Although I have done about 50 audiobooks over the 2 years, none I have listened to (by any author) can measure up. Best story I have eave heard.

Traveler dwash57 is on a distinguished road

How did I discover the Dark Tower? Completely by accident. Heard of SK and figured DT is as gooda place to start than any.

Who is my favorite character? Can't even answer that one "ah yea".

What is my favorite book? Wolve of the Calla.

How old am I? 53.

Where am I from? Michigan.

My nickname is Dwash57

Traveler hendavid is on a distinguished road

Default hi

I'm totally new about the tower. I grab book VII from a bookstore by home and decide to read the serie and buy book I.

Who is your favorite charRight now I'm in book II, so I still don't know. As far as I've read maybe Roland.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Barranquilla (COLOMBIA)

do you have a nickname?
    Bebo

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all newbies

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by hendavid View Post
    I'm totally new about the tower. I grab book VII from a bookstore by home and decide to read the serie and buy book I.

Who is your favorite charRight now I'm in book II, so I still don't know. As far as I've read maybe Roland.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Barranquilla (COLOMBIA)

do you have a nickname?
    Bebo
    Welcome to this place man!! Eres un tocayo?!
    Soy de Venezuela, cualquier cosa no dudes en preguntar!
    Be aware of the threads you open, they could have a lot of spoilers of the books!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 234 of 430 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 232 233 234 235 236 244 284 334 ... LastLast