Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 184 of 430 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 194 234 284 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,600 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome Dinorawr, good to meet you! Come join in the fun.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Traveler Dinorawr is on a distinguished road Dinorawr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pleased to meet you all
    I believe reflections bleed the sorrows of our souls...

Gunslinger Apprentice <ô> bango skank <ô> is on a distinguished road <ô> bango skank <ô>'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Hile!

Hi guys. Or Hile if you like.

I'm Kev, 24, from England. Look forward to chating to you all about these great books as i cant talk to my usual friends. They dont understand my "unhealthy" obbsession. Their loss.

I discovered the Gunslinger while browsing my local book shop. Ka, i guess. At that point I'd never read a King book. Now I own over fifty and have read them all, most many times, hoping for a DT reference. Guess you could say I'm hooked.

Fav character? Eddie/Cuthbert. though Roland rules too. Who am i kidding... i love them all. I related to Eddie the most though. I feel we have the same sense of humour. similar personalities. I agree with Dinorawr, Eddie has great lines. "Oh christ, i left the world i knew to watch a kid try to put booties on a fucked up weasel. Shoot me now, Roland, before i breed." classic Eddie. I'm not on heroin by the way!!! Alcohol and the Tower are my posions.

Fav book? They all have their moments but it has to be wizard and glass. It begins with the conclusion to the Blane saga. (eddie again, cool as ice!!!) It then tells an emotional tale wich i feel helps you to understand the gunslingers complex personality. Without this i feel the readers understanding of rolands relationship with his new ka tet in the following books would suffer. great climax too.

I put my name and age at the top. cant follow rules, guess it's the Eddie in me.

Thanks for your time and for welcoming me into your community. (i didn't even have to dance the commala) Long days and pleasant nights. ps. if you're gonna be chatting to me, please forgive my spelling. I began reading to improve it but it didn't work. I found the tower though.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Kev! It's good to have you with us.

No worries about the spelling. If you're trying it'll get better.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Great to meet you Kev, welcome to the path of the beam.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice <ô> bango skank <ô> is on a distinguished road <ô> bango skank <ô>'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the welcome! Hope we meet along the path.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Kev, great to meet you!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome <ô> bango skank <ô>!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Dinorawr

Quote Originally Posted by <ô> bango skank <ô> View Post

Look forward to chating to you all about these great books as i cant talk to my usual friends. They dont understand my "unhealthy" obbsession. Their loss
    welcome bango, this is one of the many many reasons i love this site.

Traveler Dinorawr is on a distinguished road Dinorawr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks and welcome Kev!
    I believe reflections bleed the sorrows of our souls...

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, everyone! Enjoy your stay.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Traveler bullshvik is on a distinguished road

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    In July sometime of 2003, I was in 29 Palms, CA in the Marine Corps just sittin' there in the desert waiting to begin training with my unit, and a fellow Marine let me borrow the first book, started reading it, got really interested but only made it about half way through before we had to start up training again. Eventually got back into it and now finally on the last book!

Who is your favorite character?

It's tough between Eddie or Roland.

What is your favorite book?
    Stephen King - Dark Tower 5 - Wolves of the Calla

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Oceanside, CA

Just also wanted to say "Hello" to everyone and I hope that we are all well met.

Country
    Country Flag

welcome. I'm new here myself and must say it's great, your gonna love it. just be careful this place is highly adictive.
    "God pisses down your neck everyday, but only drowns you once.*

"When the shooting starts, we kill what moves. " - Roland Deschain

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome bullshvik!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Welcome bullshvik and dino !!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Traveler mdk101 is on a distinguished road mdk101's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was a fan of King's short stories, and randomly saw the cover of the The Gunslinger (the purple one with David the hawk behind Roland) and was intrigued by the book's description so I bought it This was back in '01 or '02.

However I just recently revisited and finished the series via audiobooks at work after a long break, I read up to Wizard and Glass while I was in college but got hooked to WoW back in '04 (lol).

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Oy...eld...thankee

Wizard and Glass

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Orange County, CA

do you have a nickname?
    My gamer tag has always been "giles" or some other variation.

Country
    Country Flag

welcome mdk101!

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mdk101 View Post
    I was a fan of King's short stories, and randomly saw the cover of the The Gunslinger (the purple one with David the hawk behind Roland) and was intrigued by the book's description so I bought it This was back in '01 or '02.

However I just recently revisited and finished the series via audiobooks at work after a long break, I read up to Wizard and Glass while I was in college but got hooked to WoW back in '04 (lol).

Oy...eld...thankee

Wizard and Glass

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Orange County, CA

do you have a nickname?
    giles, like, buffy?

also, i just left orange county for the east coast. what part do you live in?

Traveler mdk101 is on a distinguished road mdk101's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mdk101 View Post

Oy...eld...thankee

Wizard and Glass

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Orange County, CA

do you have a nickname?
    giles, like, buffy?

also, i just left orange county for the east coast. what part do you live in?
    ROFL I used to always get the "Buffy" ref question; it was just a random name I picked when I played Counter Strike with my buddies in high school, I guess it just stuck.

I'm from Huntington Beach though, don't think I could leave here aha; good luck on the adjustment .

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

i was going to point you in the direction of the whedon thread if it was a buffy thing, but now i won't.

and actually, the differences aren't too big, yet. it sucks not being 6 miles from disneyland, but i can handle that.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome Kevin aka bango

Welcome Bullshavik

Welcome mdk101

We are well met , you guys are going to love it here, Welcome home!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site mdk, it's wonderful to meet you.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Traveler DOHC_Holiday is on a distinguished road

Default J.

My name's J (Jota en espanol). I am not really convinced of the need for this introduction, but I can't view pics on this forum, and I suspect a low number of posts is the reason. So here I am, padding my post count and introducing myself at the same time.
    I have been a DT fan for over 14 years now. And for those 14 years, I have been training in the way of the gun. Some of that time was spent training with my father (state cop), some with the US Army (ex-paratrooper), and the rest on my own, with an emphasis on guerrilla warfare. Needless to say, I pity the wolf that comes looking for my twins, because one is named Smith and the other Wesson. They take after their mother.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I am a Cancer, which means that I have crabs (zodiacally speaking).

And your mom might have crabs too. Or not. I dunno, she should get herself checked out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 184 of 430 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 194 234 284 ... LastLast