Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 414 of 430 FirstFirst ... 314 364 404 412 413 414 415 416 424 ... LastLast
Results 10,326 to 10,350 of 10740

Thread: Introduce yourself

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Trudi!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Traveler Old Fred is on a distinguished road Old Fred's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    Found a copy of The Gunslinger in our local library in the mid 80s and borrowed it thinking it was a western (I was into those then). Even though the book wasn’t what I expected it was a great read; a man on a quest suddenly becoming guardian to a scared boy. Many years were to pass until I found a paperback copy of The Drawing of the Three – it was expensive, but I remembered how good the previous one was that I had read years before. I read this book a countless number of times – wow it sure cannot get better than this? Found the rest of the books a couple of years ago and last year bought The Wastelands for my Kindle (eyes aren’t what they used to be for books). Didn’t start reading it until mid 2019 and couldn’t put it down, I’m halfway through the last one now.

Who is your favorite character?
    Jake, definitely. He is a bit of an enigma – he is aged 11 (12 by the time he gets to Calla), small for his age (maybe the size of a 9 year old), he had blue eyes (and presumably blond hair as this is a common combination). He is intelligent does well at school, but has none of the life experiences of the other members of the ka-tet (apart from having died twice). He is a boy with a dog (bumbler) and enjoys playing childish games (with Benny Slightman at Calla), but he appears fearless and is always in the thick of the battle. He does not shirk from killing and behaves like a man, but when it’s finished he reverts to a sensitive boy who is not afraid to cry publically when he is sad. The developing bond between him and Roland culminates in their accepting each other as father and son. Jake finally fearlessly lays his life down for his father’s quest; “tell my father I love him” - Maybe he’s the son I never had?

What is your favorite book? The Wastelands

How old are you? 61

Where are you from? Yorkshire, England

Do you have a nickname? No

How did you find this site? Internet search

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Old Fred welcome... glad to have a fellow Yorkshire man here... its a great place to visit...
    White rose, white rose....

Traveler Old Fred is on a distinguished road Old Fred's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

a fellow Yorkshire man here
    Well I've lived here most of my life, but I was born on t'other side.
    Red rose, red rose....

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Its ok Fred... I'll forgive you
    I haven't been there in a while.. but northern blood runs deep..

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Fred!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Trudi and Fred!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fred View Post
    Many years were to pass until I found a paperback copy of The Drawing of the Three – it was expensive, but I remembered how good the previous one was that I had read years before. I read this book a countless number of times – wow it sure cannot get better than this?

Drawing of the Three will always be one of the best things I've ever read. It blew me away the first time I read it. It's my favorite book from the series.

Also, am I reading your post right that you are about to finish your first journey to the tower?

Also also..Welcome to the site!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Fred!

Along the Path of the Beam Jerrika has a spectacular aura about Jerrika has a spectacular aura about Jerrika's Avatar

I will try to post here more often. I used to belong to the official SK forum but I had to leave it because there were too many rude people on it.
    "Sometimes dead is better." ~ Jud Crandall

Traveler twukker is a jewel in the rough twukker is a jewel in the rough twukker is a jewel in the rough twukker is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

Hello. I am new to the site and came here hoping to find other DT fans who may have some issues of the DT comics that I am still lacking! Thanks for letting me join.

I first started reading SK when I was 15 years old. I read 'Salem's Lot on a bus from California back to my home state of Utah. I was reading at night and I swore that there were vampires outside my bus window! When I finished reading that, I was hooked and haven't been able to quit since.

I began collecting 1st edition hardbacks of all of his books a few years later when I became an "adult" and had a few dollars that I didn't need for bills. I currently have all of his books (just the trade releases) in 1st HB and a few S/L. My pride and joy is the "coffin edition" of The Stand. I got lucky and found that, the limited editions of Skeleton Crew and The Talisman and the 1st of The Gunslinger and a signed 1st Carrie.

My addiction has since branched off into the DT comics and have been having a REAL hard time finding the last 15, or so, editions that I need to complete the collection!
    Last edited by twukker; 02-20-2020 at 06:58 PM. Reason: My SK background

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by twukker View Post
    Hello. I am new to the site and came here hoping to find other DT fans who may have some issues of the DT comics that I am still lacking! Thanks for letting me join.

I first started reading SK when I was 15 years old. I read 'Salem's Lot on a bus from California back to my home state of Utah. I was reading at night and I swore that there were vampires outside my bus window! When I finished reading that, I was hooked and haven't been able to quit since.

I began collecting 1st edition hardbacks of all of his books a few years later when I became an "adult" and had a few dollars that I didn't need for bills. I currently have all of his books (just the trade releases) in 1st HB and a few S/L. My pride and joy is the "coffin edition" of The Stand. I got lucky and found that, the limited editions of Skeleton Crew and The Talisman and the 1st of The Gunslinger and a signed 1st Carrie.

My addiction has since branched off into the DT comics and have been having a REAL hard time finding the last 15, or so, editions that I need to complete the collection!
    Welcome, Twukker! That's a nice solid collection you have going there. I believe there is a thread someplace related to the comics that you're seeking.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, twukker!

Traveler twukker is a jewel in the rough twukker is a jewel in the rough twukker is a jewel in the rough twukker is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for the welcome. Any chance of some guidance on where to find DT comics being offered for sale?

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for the welcome. Any chance of some guidance on where to find DT comics being offered for sale?
    I might have what you’re looking for, PM me a list of what you need.
    P.S. welcome to the Dt.org club 👍

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Cook, thanks for responding. I'm not sure if I can PM yet, since I haven't made 5 posts. If I'm mistaken, where is the PM located?

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME Twukker

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, everybody!!

Traveler Rj_h has a spectacular aura about Rj_h has a spectacular aura about Rj_h has a spectacular aura about Rj_h's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thankee, sai! Long days and pleasant nights.

~Rob

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Welcome to everybody who is new. Have fun and enjoy the ride.

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Rob!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Cook, thanks for responding. I'm not sure if I can PM yet, since I haven't made 5 posts. If I'm mistaken, where is the PM located?

Just click on the name of the person you wish to Private Message and 4 options will appear. One of them will take you to the PM screen and off you go from there. Welcome to the site. You may also wish to visit the "Collectible Classifieds" threads in the Calvin's Corner forum for other items for sale.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Just click on the name of the person you wish to Private Message and 4 options will appear. One of them will take you to the PM screen and off you go from there. Welcome to the site. You may also wish to visit the "Collectible Classifieds" threads in the Calvin's Corner forum for other items for sale.
    He didn't mention that the other three options will launch an ICBM at random continents. So be careful!

Welcome Rj_h!!

Traveler TowerofRoses will become famous soon enough TowerofRoses will become famous soon enough TowerofRoses's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello everyone my name is Connie and i am a rather new fan of the DT Series but it already has me deep in it's dark claws so to speak. I am a huge Stephen King Fan since like forever but only recently i started to read more of his stuff as i now have more time on my hands. IT is one of my favorite Novels as well the Shining. The DT Series is the most recent book series from King that i got into and i still enjoy it even now that i have read through all seven books. Hope i can find some nice likeminded people here English isn't my first language but i try my best to write that everyone can understand me ^^.

How did you discover the Dark Tower?: A friend recommended me this series and well, i am glad he did, because ever since i literally search the whole web for lore about the DT Series

Who is your favorite character? :Maturin(because i love turtles and i like his laid back attitude which i kind of share)

What is your favorite book?: Drawing of the Three

How old are you?: 29

Where are you from?: Germany

do you have a nickname?: Connie

how did you find this site?: Searched the web for it and found it so i decided to join of course ~

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Connie!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 414 of 430 FirstFirst ... 314 364 404 412 413 414 415 416 424 ... LastLast